• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Parts and features you like to see in the final version

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKMN Trainer Silver

PKMN Master
    Years
    I would like to see

-Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond (the leading males from past generations) up for battle. I mean Gold defeats Red so if you want a challenge, there you go.
    -More Dragons. I'm sick of fearing the Ice Beam/Ice Punch and a 4x weakness to it with all non-legendary dragons, save Kingdra.
    -A Dark Pokemon Gym...

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
    More original pokemon, not a lot of evolutions and pre evolutions like Sinnoh seemed to have a lot of.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    National Elite Four and National Champion. Farfetch'd evolution. Bug-type pseudo-legendary. Both contest and Pokeathlon added. Team Rocket return, with Giovanni as their leader and stay true to his intention. more Ghost, more likely a combination of Fire/Ghost. Less useful HM. Increased max team member. More distinctive Gym Leader, like in generation I and III.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    @OP: But wild Pokémon do have levels? Unless that was a typo.

I'd like to see the Partner Pokémon feature make a return, but choose which member of your party follows you and it could be turned on and off at will.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    What about instead of HMs, a replacement that is similar to Pokemon Ranger. Each species of Pokemon would have one special 'technique' (separate to moves and abilities) which functions as the out-of-battle aspect of HMs (and other moves that can be used out of battle).

Important ones (like Cut and Surf) would require a Badge to use (maybe their name would be faded until you get it); unimportant ones (like Teleport and Softboil) wouldn't.

To get around the fact that you cant use 'technique' slaves, it could be that things blocking importants passages stay cut/smashed/etc. Only unimportant ones (like cuttable trees blocking berries) regenerate.

For Rock Climb, important passage ones could make the rocks fall, revealing a staircase, after use. For Surf, you could learn to swim eventually (or get a surfboard or something); to make Surf not instantly useless after that, maybe make 'deep' water (like stuff that can be dove in) require a surfing Pokemon. For Waterfall, maybe just not make it not block important passages (after all, it's usually only to get to Victory Road anyway, just have a guy checking for bages there, like back in the day).

Maybe then we could get some more unimportant techniques as well, like Foresight.

sblunix

ポケモン トレーナー
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    Agreed

I'd like to see the Partner Pokémon feature make a return, but choose which member of your party follows you and it could be turned on and off at will.

100% Agreed, I really enjoyed this feature in Yellow and in SoulSilver... Having in Black/White would definitely add to the fun value.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
    I would like to be able to become a trainee in a gym of my chosing then rise up and eventually become a gym leader. As a gym leader then, you could control the layout and puzzle of the gym.

I'd really like to see this too. It could end up working similar to how many puzzle games work now in that you set it up upload it and then others can download it and play it. Maybe a special gym could be set up in one of the towns that when you enter an attendant presents you with a list of gyms you can download and play along with the option to make your own if you've met the criteria. I really like the idea of being able to control how a gym is set up and what all of the trainers have, of course there would also be a Healing station in every gym by default since in a Normal gym you can go back to the Pokemon center whenever you want. The only big thing I'd like to see changed between user made and in game gyms is that when you lose you are kicked out of the gym and made to start over so that a proper ranking system could be used.

As for me I'd really like to see some of the evolution items get more use, Particularly things like the Dragon Scale, Protector and various other trade evolution items that are only useful to evolve one Pokemon.

Years
    i agree with gym trainee but only in a different game or after elite for somehow if it was before elite that would ruin the original soul of pokemon games

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
    Not tl;dr. Especially if I'm replaying a Pokemon game, I find myself watching TV or something as I repeatedly tap B and wait for the recycled plot to be done with.

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    I'd like to see gym leader, elite 4 members, and the champion have no specific type whatsoever. I'd prefer it if gyms focused on certain strategies and perhaps certain stats pokemon have (like HP, attack, defense, etc.) rather than pokemon of a certain type. I mean I don't like it when only one of my pokemon will have an advantage against a gym leader and the rest of team has some serious catching up to do with exp. points. That's why I really liked the gym leader Blue and the Sinnoh champion Cynthia because they used a variety of pokemon.

I also want to see more pokemon of a specific type, like fire. Each generation there's a lack of fire type pokemon & it saddens me, as well as grass type pokemon (I think).

More secret areas unlocked after/more stuff unlocked after game; in other words I want to do more after I beat the game. Like maybe you can go back to certain cities or towns or maybe even more places are unlocked. HG/SS completed this for me with kanto but I hope maybe something the same or even smaller will happen in B/W.

No more pre-evos and additional evos, so far Gen 5 is all original & I want it to stay that way. The Gens that were mostly original were Gen 3 & of course Gen 1 which was all original (obviously).

Other than that Black & White has pretty much succeed in all of my other wishes, such as major changes to the battling system, older protagonists, more involved character interaction, great graphics, another promising generation of pokemon <3, and cool names x3.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    I really wish that Nintendo will let the gamers choose the sprite of the character they're using, and have a variety of choices as well...

I completely agree with this. I don't usually mind the sprites that are given, but a little options couldn't hurt any.

I personally would looove it if you could actually use more than four moves in battle >.>
    And why not a feature that allows you to "really" fly, and see the pokemon and the trainer flying in the sky, aaaand you'd have the choice between flying and fighting flying pokemon, or just pass the fly scene. I dunno x333333

I've always wanted this...I could see how this could easily get annoying, though. xP So the option to be able to skip it should also be included if this were to happen.

This, too. I love the Pokemon Partner feature option, but it would be way better if you could choose who walks with you, but it doesn't have to be the first Pokemon in line. It annoys some people too, so you should be able to turn it off as well.

I can't think of anything else I would like to see....so that's it for now. xP

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    100% Agreed, I really enjoyed this feature in Yellow and in SoulSilver... Having in Black/White would definitely add to the fun value.
    Honestly, this is the only feature B/W need to have for me to buy this. Otherwise, they will have to be significantly more awesome than previous games.

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
    How about instead of actually doing battles and stuff while flying there could be a version of the sinnoh underground in the sky where everyone flies around on their chosen pokemon? I'd like that more. Especially if there were battles because I sort of wanted that from the underground

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    I would like to see the pokemon walking with you like in the Johto games.I would also like to see you getting more eggs in the games a lot more frequently alternet of like two per game.It would be nice if they had better grafics where the pokemon almost seem real.Also this may seem strang but it would be cool if the was a wifi art museum that you could draw pokemon in.The 1 other thing I would like to see is if the pokemon walk with you or in battle you could see cloths you have the choice of putting on your pokemon for show.The last thing is if you could change your person's cloths all the time that would be realy cool.Sorry if you do like my ideas but I would be cool if game would be exactly like you imagened them.

PokeWe

Yo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Create your own pokeballs would be cool. Not like seals, those were annoying when depositing pokemon. >.<

Years
    These are all what I would NOT want to see:

~ multiple save file/(s)
    ~ dual-type attacks
    ~ Pokemon have both abilities available, rather than having one and not the other (Kangaskhan good, Lucario bad)
    ~ LIGHT as an alignment type
    ~ DSi camera implementation
    ~ Facebook on PC...
    ~ pay Nintendo to use Wi-Fi... on top of who you do/don't pay for your internet

What I want to see:

~ battle animation off
    ~ text color option (words in red, blue, pink, rainbow)
    ~ cinematic skipping
    ~ catch Pokemon for your Mom OR the Professor's (questionable?) personal use

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back