• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Party Pokemon: Elite 4

Did you use alot of restoring health items?

• Yes

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
I've played through Diamond twice so I've got two (though they're very similar)
let's see the first time through it was Empoleon, Staraptor, Rampardos, Luxray, Azelf, and Roserade
all were in the high 40s (except of course Azelf)
the second time around I had access to a cyndaquil and with my cousins help I was able to transfer a few pokemon from my old game
Empoleon, Crobat, Typhlosion, Roserade, Rampardos, and Azelf (Only the Rampardos and Azelf were the same pokemon as the first time. Rampardos because i figured he'd be more help than the Steelix I had been using up to that point, and Azelf I didn't use it all that much the first time around and also to save TMs so I wouldnt have to teach my new Azelf Shadow Ball) I actually got really lucky the second time when I faced Cynthia's Lucario, haha. Because my Pokemon were kinda low level at the time (excluding Rampardos and Azelf) I was down to just Rampardos with very low HP and Crobat. I thought for sure I was doomed (especially since she still had two Pokemon behind that) so I decided to buy myself some time. Crobat used Confuse Ray on Lucario and I was surprised when Lucario never managed to make a single attack (except on himself of course) due to confusion. Happy day! He brought his health down quite a bit while I healed up my team and then a single wing aerial ace from crobat shut him down. It was great.

ARDSdude

Wi-Fi Battler
    Years
    Ah yes, the Elite 4. I remember my first Pearl run through. (I was a noob :P) Infernape, Palkia, and Gengar. On Platinum, I used: Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Ambipom, and Gliscor. My personal favorite ingame Pokemon. ^-^

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Torterra
    Alakazam
    Dragonite
    Gyarados
    Electrivire
    Ambipom

All were mid 60's in level. And I regret over training them because it was really, really easy.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Platinum:
    Empoleon, Lv 63
    Jolteon, Lv 63
    Crobat, Lv 63
    Dusknoir, Lv 63
    Persian, Lv 63*
    Flygon, Lv 63*

*Traded them as eggs over from Pearl

The Elite Four weren't too hard outside of Cynthia's Garchomp.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Main Pokemon:

Empoleon
    Staraptor
    Luxray
    Tangrowth

Stallers:

Giratina
    Uxie

I didn't really use healers since I trained my Staraptor to kill Aaron without more than one potion,
    same with Torterra and Bertha

Years
    Used a fair few Revives and Hyper Potions, but on my Platinum file managed to get through second try with this squad:

Scizor lvl 52
    Roserade lvl 51
    Typhlosion level 52
    Octillery level 51
    Gardevoir level 50
    Glaceon level 51

Was quite surprised as its a little bit lower level than you should be for Cynthia at least. Had some major problems with Flint but otherwise went okay. Garchomp of course falls easy to a high special attack Ice Beam.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Diamond: Bronzong, Infernape, Gastrodon, Luxray, Staraptor and Roserade

Platinum: Torterra, Garchomp, Floatzel, Raichu (knew Volt Tackle and Surf), Rapidash and Bronzong

Felt wrong using legendaries

lurker

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
    just know in platnium

Hounchkrow lv 66
    Drill peck, haze, dark pulse, sky attack

Ursaring lv 66
    shadow claw, bulk up, brick break, cross chop

weavile lv 67
    night slash, sword dance, revenge, ice punch

scizor lv 67
    bullet punch, sword dance, ariel ace, x-scissor

electabuzz lv 66
    electric punch, psychic, thunder wave, thunder

torterra lv 70
    earthquake, crunch, giga drain, leaf storm

none of them really got past my hounchkrow

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I was able to clear the elite four pretty easily with these pokemon:

Porygon-Z
    Infernape
    Floatzel
    Scyther
    Houndoom
    Leafeon

Porygon-Z was able to cover most of the Elite Four's types, with some help from Floatzel.

shaygonnagon

Master Trainer and a Hacker
    Years
    First time beating it!!!
    Infernape Lvl 55
    Crobat Lvl 54
    Magnezone Lvl 54
    Drapion Lvl 55
    Tangrowth Lvl 55
    Bibarel Lvl 56

Rest times
    6 Ratattas FEAR!!! lvl 1
    just bred new ones :D

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    My D/P/Pt
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Luxray
    Roserade
    Floatzel
    Lucario

EASY

Friends Platinum

Empoleon
    Luxray
    Rampardos
    Togekiss
    Weavile
    Lucario

F***ing HARD!!!!! sorry about fowl language but it was soooooo hard!!!

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Lol, I find this thread fascinating and I'm not sure how to reply.

I picked Yes because in truth when I first completed Diamond I DID use alot of restoring items and revive ect.
    For Diamond I used: Torterra, Staraptor, Floatzel, Luxray, Rampados, Dialga (Yeah I was noob). I used alot of items and I found it quite difficult =/

My siter had pearl but my this time I'd already completed Diamond so I gave her some tips as well as traded some pokemon so she could get the boosted exp ect, I also fought the elite 4 for her =p
    For Pearl the pokemon were: Torterra (mine) , Infernape, Gyadrodas (mine), Luxray (Mine), Staraptor (Mine), Bibral - Didnt really use at all. reasonably easy fight tbh, all pokemon were between 60-68/69.

So 5 weeks ago, my sister just got platinum for her birthday. But ended up letting me do everything for her (she's 8 now). So i was slowly playing and was on the 6th Gym. Cos I was ev'ing/breeding pokemon on diamond. Then when I went on to Smogon, I couldn't believe I didn't realise there was a Wi-FI event, and in the UK as well! So I thought HOLY S**T. I traded Garchomp over (level 100). Sweeped everything in the game, beat elite 4. National dex then get a modest darkrai <3. I'm hoping to restart platinum after getting all the legendaries and items such as roost or grass knot which is useful for battling.
    Pokemon Platinum elite 4 team: Garchomp (lvl 100), infernape, gyarados, bibral, staraptor, luxray.
    Used like no items ^^

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
    Torterra, Bronzong, Blissey, Pelipper, Honchkrow, Pachirisu
    I had trouble with her Lucario for some reason even with 2 flying, 1 psychic.

Years
    Standing outside of Victory Road my team is currently..

Level 48 Haunter
    Level 49 Garchomp
    Level 46 Houndoom
    Level 48 Staraptor
    Level 44 Floatzel
    Level 48 Piloswine[underground looking for a heart scale to make him a Mamoswine.]

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Standing outside of Victory Road my team is currently..

Level 48 Haunter
    Level 49 Garchomp
    Level 46 Houndoom
    Level 48 Staraptor
    Level 44 Floatzel
    Level 48 Piloswine[underground looking for a heart scale to make him a Mamoswine.]

:o I always find it surprising when people don't use their starter pokemon. But meh, each to their own.

Years
    well,thats the team ive got out right now.

My Torterra is level 53.lol

getting some others up to his level then deciding what to bring vs the Elite 4.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    :o I always find it surprising when people don't use their starter pokemon. But meh, each to their own.

I didn't wanna use my Torterra but I had nothing better to use. I just completed the Elite 4 again now with a Magnezone, Lucario, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Tyrannitar and Scizor. I was training my Magnezone.

Back