• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Passing down hidden ability with egg moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Is it possible?

Anyways, I'm trying to breed for a Jolly Prankster Murkrow. I have the male Murkrow with Prankster already in hand.

Here's the part thats gotten me a little confused. I'm trying to get Drill Peck as an egg move. Seeing how a female is needed to breed with a male Spearow/Fearow or Doduo/Dodrio.

I know that male pokemon can past down their hidden ability IF they breed with a Ditto. So will I get the same effect if, lets say, I bred the Prankster Murkrow with a Super Luck or and Insomnia Murkrow.

I'm just confused out of my mind trying to find any solutions.
    If you can, please PLEASE give me directions on how to do this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    you will have to breed the male murkrow with the hidden ability with a ditto. Thats the only way to get the hidden ability from the fathers. If you breed two of the same pokemon together the mother has to have the hidden ability in order for it to give to the offspring cause pokemons weird like that. So I suggest breeding the murkow with the hidden ability first with a ditto till you get a female with the hidden ability and just go from there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    That much I know, but what I really want to know is how to get Drill Peck from the female (without a hidden ability because it can't have it) to the offspring WITH Prankster.

Years
  • I'm confused as to your problem but I think I am following you, ignore me if I misunderstood.

Step 1: Take your Male Hidden Ability Murkrow and breed it with a Ditto until you get a Female Murkrow with the Hidden Ability (80% chance I believe).

Step 2: Breed your new Female Hidden Ability Murkrow with a compatible male that knows Drill Peck.

Eventually you will get a baby with Drill Peck and Hidden Ability.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's possible for males to pass down Hidden/DW abilities provided that he's the same species or in the same evolutionary line as its mother. A male Bulletproof Chespin can still pass down his DW ability even if he's bred with a female Overgrow Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught.

Years
  • It's possible for males to pass down Hidden/DW abilities provided that he's the same species or in the same evolutionary line as its mother. A male Bulletproof Chespin can still pass down his DW ability even if he's bred with a female Overgrow Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught.

If only the male has the Hidden ability the chance of it being passed on is only 20% correct if bred with a pokemon of the same species? However, if the male with the hidden ability is bred with a ditto the rate goes up to 80%. Thats what I was led to believe and thats why I went straight to suggesting the Ditto as the partner.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Since indiana2solo has answered your question already, I'm going ahead and closing this. We're not permitted to post threads here just for a single question here; we post threads only if they're able to spark up a good, long discussion. d: If you have any more questions that you'd like to ask, hop onto X/Y Quick Q&A.

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back