• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Path/surf [PROBLEM]

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    When i walk this path and press the action button it asks me to surf, while it shouldt cause i'm on a path not in or on the water. How can I solve this?

Path/surf [PROBLEM]

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
    It's because there's water on a lower tile layer.

A simple fix would be to have that be a solid bridge, and have solid ground on the bottom layer. However, I think this is an issue that only happens in when playtesting through RMXP. You should try playing it through the orange gear icon in the folder and see if the issue is still there.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I remember reading that if the terrain tag is Neutral, it will overwrite the property of the water.
    Did looking, found it in Game_Map, def def terrain_tag
    Code:
      def terrain_tag(x, y, countBridge=false)
        if @map_id != 0
          for i in [2, 1, 0]
            tile_id = data[x, y, i]
            next if tile_id && PBTerrain.isBridge?(@terrain_tags[tile_id]) &&
                    $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.bridge==0 && !countBridge
            if tile_id == nil
              return 0
            elsif @terrain_tags[tile_id] && @terrain_tags[tile_id] > 0 &&
               @terrain_tags[tile_id]!=PBTerrain::Neutral
              return @terrain_tags[tile_id]
            end
          end
        end
        return 0
      end
    Checks terrain tiles in reverse, so layer 3, then 2, then 1. If not Neutral, use special effect if applicable. Set bridge tiles to 13, which is neutral, and has no special effects.

I am so freaking tired. Am I even making sense?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    I remember reading that if the terrain tag is Neutral, it will overwrite the property of the water.
    Did looking, found it in Game_Map, def def terrain_tag
    Code:
      def terrain_tag(x, y, countBridge=false)
        if @map_id != 0
          for i in [2, 1, 0]
            tile_id = data[x, y, i]
            next if tile_id && PBTerrain.isBridge?(@terrain_tags[tile_id]) &&
                    $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.bridge==0 && !countBridge
            if tile_id == nil
              return 0
            elsif @terrain_tags[tile_id] && @terrain_tags[tile_id] > 0 &&
               @terrain_tags[tile_id]!=PBTerrain::Neutral
              return @terrain_tags[tile_id]
            end
          end
        end
        return 0
      end
    Checks terrain tiles in reverse, so layer 3, then 2, then 1. If not Neutral, use special effect if applicable. Set bridge tiles to 13, which is neutral, and has no special effects.

I am so freaking tired. Am I even making sense?

My terrain tags only go up to 7. My water tiles are 7 and the bridge thing is 0. So i have to reverse that or what? Make water 0 and the bridge 7?

It's because there's water on a lower tile layer.

A simple fix would be to have that be a solid bridge, and have solid ground on the bottom layer. However, I think this is an issue that only happens in when playtesting through RMXP. You should try playing it through the orange gear icon in the folder and see if the issue is still there.

You where right, when playing on the other way it's fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    My terrain tags only go up to 7. My water tiles are 7 and the bridge thing is 0. So i have to reverse that or what? Make water 0 and the bridge 7?

Rpgmaker itself limits you to 7 terrain tags yeah. However if you edit the terrain tag using either the in-game debug editor, or the external editor, you can set them to any number from 0-99.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Rpgmaker itself limits you to 7 terrain tags yeah. However if you edit the terrain tag using either the in-game debug editor, or the external editor, you can set them to any number from 0-99.

Ye i just found out about that a few minutes ago. Thanks anyway tho :)

Back