• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] pausing all other events

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    So in my events sometimes other npcs will wander into whats happening in my game. I noticed later as I was making more trainer events that the pbTrainerIntro script is used for trainer battles to pause all other events, so I started throwing that into my events, to pause everything, I just have it use a trainer type that has no music attatched to it. But it seems really weird to use a command like that just for every event. I was just wondering if theres another command that's actually meant to just pause all the other events on the map until I turn it off or say otherwise. But one that I can also use in my events that allow me to move other events around if I tell them to. just so the free roaming npc dont get in the way

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, opening up pbTrainerIntro, it appears that pbGlobalLock is what is used to freeze all of the events. This only blocks the move routes set up in the side box of the page, and you can still move events around with move commands. It kind of needs a wait for completion though, else you don't really see the effect.

At the end of the event, you do need a pbGlobalUnlock, else the events get stuck in place.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Well, opening up pbTrainerIntro, it appears that pbGlobalLock is what is used to freeze all of the events. This only blocks the move routes set up in the side box of the page, and you can still move events around with move commands. It kind of needs a wait for completion though, else you don't really see the effect.

At the end of the event, you do need a pbGlobalUnlock, else the events get stuck in place.

awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for and it works perfectly. thank you!

Back