• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBS Editor

Years
    • Seen today
    when you search something in a box a pop up will appear, but you can't actually select it https://imgur.com/a/wxyTeRL

I'm unable to replicate this, I've tried in move combobox of pokemon, pokemonforms and encounters. Which box did you encounter that bug on? It could be a single combo box that's poorly setup. For me after that dropdown appears I either double click the item, or "down arrow + enter" and it works :-S

Years
    • Seen today
    Tried using this tool- it worked great last night and this morning, but this afternoon, I can't even use it because I keep getting this error: https://imgur.com/a/9IZu7ec

Can you send in pm the entire error text?
    Did you manually add a pokemon without internal name?
    Still it's something I need to add for next version, in the v18 one I actually had too many checks on errors and this is something I shouldn't have removed.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can you send in pm the entire error text?
    Did you manually add a pokemon without internal name?
    Still it's something I need to add for next version, in the v18 one I actually had too many checks on errors and this is something I shouldn't have removed.
    I did not- I didn't even add a new species yet. Though I did notice that the tool did remove the "Moves =" section of my Pokemon in pokemon.txt after compiling initially. And yeah, I will DM the full error message.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    yes, that one actually makes a lot of sense, I don't do much pokemon editing so I didn't even consider that, when I was doing this I wanted to go through all the stages of development including proper planning and one of the things I avoided was to look at Marin's PBS Editor, I've used it a lot in the past especially encounters and trainers so it's hard to forget all about it, but I tried to think for myself what would be needed, how to organize, etc
    I'm picturing just a "total: " under both base stats and effort points, and a label stating how many pokemons have same stats maybe (this part actually sounds fun, I'm already thinking how to make it efficiently and in a way to update in real time as you change stats), i think listing them all would make it too crowded tho

but to avoid just spamming releases I'm gonna wait a few days to see if there are reported bugs or if someone makes more suggestions
    That's understandable. I appreciate your consideration. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have updated the main post.
    Released version 1.1, the Changelog is at the end of the main post.

While every change is in the changelog I'd like to emphasize that the instructions have changed, now just extract the PBSE folder in the .rar and add it to the game folder. There's no longer a need to have a spam of files in the game folder itself. Everything is inside PBSE, just make a shortcut of the .exe file and put it somewhere convenient if you want.

Also there was an issue that was reported, basically if a combo box dropdown is open and suggestion box is triggered, you can't click the suggestion, there's workarounds but imo it's kinda pointless and removes more functionality than what it adds, if this has been happening to you, don't open the combobox dropdown if you're gonna use the suggestions box, or if you have both open just use the arrow keys to select the correct item.

I was asked to also release the v17/v18 version, I won't do it today, but I'll do it soon, it only requires some annoying adjustments.
    When I do release it, I'll probably take the time to add a detailed instructions / guide on each editor, I think everything is kinda self explanatory and no one really complained about it, but for the sake of doing things properly I'll do it when I make the v17/v18 version available.

Years
    • Seen today
    I updated the main post, added detailed instructions for everything. (I hope I made this tool clear enough that nobody will need to use it, but just in case)

Also added a link for a v17/v18 compatible version download.
    The v19.1 installation instructions apply to this, just download the .rar and extract the PBSE folder to your main game folder, feel free to create a shortcut of the .exe file and put it where you find most convenient.

About this v17/v18version... it works... but it is very poorly optimized, it's slow, there's some visual bugs, most of the time you just need to re-select something in a list to get rid of it, there's also a #0 Pokemon completely empty (among other weird things),... ignore that, it's just visual, it won't be generated...
    (I also advise you to use it properly, unlike the newer version this one is kinda sensible to user miss-use, for example let's say you tried to do something pointless like deleting something of an empty list... ye it's gonna crash instead of ignoring it)
    I will not be supporting it, ofc if there's a critical bug that keeps it from working as intended which I overlooked I will fix, but no more than that.
    I encourage those in v17 to use Marin's Editor instead since it's much better.
    Its only use for people in v17 is to Generate PBS files in v18 format if you want to upgrade the game and have largely edited the PBS, by Upgrade I mean the "targets" will automatically be changed from "0" to "none" (etc), the trainers / encounters, etc will be generated in v18 format, .... (all the v17->v18 changes in pbs)
    (I apologize in advance by how painfully slow the compiler function is, I even considered updating at least the compiler but there was so much spaghetti, things poorly named, ... it would be easier to rewrite everything than to optimize this one).

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Spoiler:

Using the Gen 8 Project and get this everytime I try to use the program

Years
    • Seen today
    That's caused by an extra comma at the end of the abilities / items line, if there's an extra comma it will consider there's an extra parameter that's empty, because of that the ability isn't properly compiled and it causes the bug in pokemon and pokemonforms, deleting the comma will fix that
    example
    256,STEAMENGINE,Steam Engine,"Boosts Speed when hit by a Fire or Water-type move.", <- this comma here

zedcoeur

Zed Coeur
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2022
    If I remember correctly [this] should be what you need in order for this editor to work. You only need the 5.0 rec install.

Can you tell me exactly which version it is? I tried installing both 5.0.14 and 6.0, and neither of them seemed to do the trick.

Back