• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] PBS evolution error?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    EDIT: Issue has been resolved!

There's probably a simple solution to this but I just can't figure it out?????

Here's the error message:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 133, key Evolutions

VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,LEAFEON,Item,LEAFSTONE,GLACEON,Item,ICESTONE,SYLVEON,Item,SHINYSTONE,ESPEON,HappinessDay,UMBREON,HappinessNight

Compiler:418:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:403:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:1706:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1698:in `each'

Compiler:1698:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1695:in `loop'

Compiler:1775:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1680:in `each'

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1679:in `each'

OK

I'm just trying to add Sylveon and make it so Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon evolve using stones .I've looked at what the Essentials wiki has to say and it seems like it's just a syntax error. I've checked and all the pokemon and items needed are accounted for in PBS files. I've also made sure there's no extra space or anything in the text for Eevee's evolution. But I still don't know what the issue is! I'm kind of new to scripting and stuff so it it something obvious that I'm just missing?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Even though the Happiness Evolution Methods don't need a 3rd Parameter, there is still a parameter space that needs to be filled. So its filled with a blank value

Try this.
    Code:
    VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,LEAFEON,Item,LEAFSTONE,GLACEON,Item,ICESTONE,SYLVEON,Item,SHINYSTONE,ESPEON,HappinessDay,,UMBREON,HappinessNight,

Notice the 2 commas after HappinessDay and the single comma after HappinessNight. This is to signify to essentials that a blank value is present here. A good thing to do before editing PBS files is checking the Wiki about the format and reading all the examples there. Or you can try out this tool, I used it alot until I got comfortable with PBSes. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=393347

I hope I helped.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    It worked! Thank you! And I'll be sure to check out that PBS tool. Thanks again!

Back