• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Clone Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
  • Zapchu said:
    If the others boards have PC members on it, it is like PC is growing and spreading out everywhere. People come here to advertise because PC is home to a lot of friendly members. Someone has told me about other boards before, but they aren't as fun as PC and they are usually emtpy and it is annoying to make new friends especially when everyone ignores you. Also, I would never leave PC, I'm attached to it. @_@; Don't worry about copycats, they are bound to die out anyways, people will join...then see that there is no one online usually and the topics are slow...then they will eventually stop posting.

I say just let the other boards be, you guys can't be saying "YOU COPIED ME". This is a free country, well ...at least the United States is. If you have no signifigant copyrights on things, you can not say you own it.

Ending Statement:
    As long as I am alive, PC will always exist and I will always be a member of it.
    *sigh* I'm getting kinda annoyed. Here is something I posted on PB...
    me said:
    Hey guys, I just thought this was rather important, after reading this thread. I hope you members of PC will see this.

Look, I have nothing against PC. The only people I know of who do are Greg and Kimi. But anyways, that doesn't mean we're trying to be rivals to PC. We have similar forums, so what? Satoshi-kun's forum is also similar.

Another thing, we're not trying to steal members, especially not by offering them power. I asked Greg if I could help out, and he let me be a moderator. As far as I know, most of the people invited are friends with their referrers.

Also, we don't have Praetors. And if we did, what's wrong with the name? It's an official word in the English dictionary.

And finally, please don't come over here spamming. Do we do that to you? No we don't. As I said before, the only people who we invite (as far as I know) are friends of the referrers.

I'm sorry about this guys, but I'm just trying to end the flame war before it gets any further out of hand. If Greg or anybody else here has anything helpful to add, don't hesitate. Thanks for reading.

- Kyo

P.S. The main reason for this thread is that the one on PC was locked. Sorry again. :(
    In short, I wish you guys would stop saying how the board is going to die. I still respect you guys, but I wish you would chill out and realise that we're not commiting hate crimes against PC. There's no law saying that Greg isn't allowed to own a Pokemon forum.

Sorry if this post seems at all harsh, but as I said before, I'm just trying to end the flame war before it goes too far, because I love both forums. :(

aaaaaa

I wish I was immature enough to leave because I can't boss the admins around.
    Sorry, but it had to be said. You wanna go make your own forum? Go do it without leeching off of PC, and if you say you're gonna leave, just do it instead of lingering only for the purposes of advertising -_-
    After all PC did for you, to stab it murderously in the back is just..low.
    That's my piece on ONE of the particular forums.

As for the others, well...soon enough people will realise that they can't just paint their own Mona Lisa, and will come back.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    I cannnot believe that the creators of the "clone boards" would be brazen enough to come to the Pokemon Community to try and gain members, and that they are even utilizing the private messaging system to attempt to do so. However wrong I may feel this is, I still find that there are certain liberties that the creators of these "clone boards" still have...

If they are stealing pure, copyrighted content (such as the layout) then what they are doing is more than wrong. It is illegal. However, you must keep in mind that an idea may not be copyrighted. Therefore, the "pair-up" idea and "similar" games should not be included in this issue. Especially if the games are word based (We cannot do anything about those). We, as a community, should just think them when it comes to things such as these. Let us create better games and formulate new, inovative ideas (some which we may then copyright, if they are of physical nature [ie. software]). If we stay at least one step ahead of the competition (and I know we can stay farther ahead then that ;) ) and expose the culprites (by reporting them, for instance), then it won't matter. After all, we are the strongest Pokemon based community on the web. I wouldn't be bothered by the actual competition.

As for me, the emergence of these "wannabe boards" has revitalized my commitment to the only real Pokemon Community :). After the boards went down (or were hacked...I cannot remember which), I got a tad bit discouraged and my visitation of the board became limited (as you can see by my extremely low post count). Now I plan to be more active (whenever possible....CET school work can be intense). So the "clone board" have actually had the adverse effect on me.

Please read and consider what I have stated above. Thanks you.

Professor Oak- Proud member of the PC since at least the year 2000

Years
  • I found a forum that was JUST like pc, sept it was invision.
    it was called "The PoKeCoMmUnItY"
    pretty cheesy eh?

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Dictionary.com on Praetor said:
    An annually elected magistrate of the ancient Roman Republic, ranking below but having approximately the same functions as a consul.

There you go, Abby can be a consul if she can't think of anything else :P

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Well that's threads, there is no copyright on threads. Like JK said SPPF has a pair-up thread (I am kind of sure we started our pair-up thread first) but we can't stop the making of threads.

Right... Well, we are talking about clone boards, not threads...

Also well I might be leaving (talking to kairi? I think) because of the mods... so I must be immature... but the things they say... also cos this board suffers from mega ONLINE SLOTH...

Perhaps to stop spammers (I. Am. Such. A. Hypocrite.) they should lock this and do something helpful... sorry but some of their "constructive critiscism" ain't that constructive...

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Guess I misunderstood. I was just kinda annoyed by what Casey did, sorry.
    Dark_Pikachu said:
    Also well I might be leaving (talking to kairi? I think) because of the mods... so I must be immature... but the things they say... also cos this board suffers from mega ONLINE SLOTH...

Perhaps to stop spammers (I. Am. Such. A. Hypocrite.) they should lock this and do something helpful... sorry but some of their "constructive critiscism" ain't that constructive...
    Uh, don't mean to be rude, but what does that have to do with other boards? O_o

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Well Lottaa other boards come up copying Pc and all but anyway they never last????
    And steve praetor is not copyright.OK!butu guys got the idea first.
    DP seriously dont spam and lets get back on topic!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    There you go, Abby can be a consul if she can't think of anything else :P
    Was that just a little edited from my post on the last page? XD

But anyway I am going to lock this thread because now it just turned into a thread to flame other boards.
    All Steve was pointing out was that the past month we have been getting lots of Clone PC Boards (I am not talking about PokeBoard, I mean clones as in all the forum names was the same and all the descriptions was the same everything was the same). And PC has also been getting lots of people joining just to send PMs to members saying "Join my forum, the link is ...".
    That is the reason why Steve started this thread. There was no other reason.
    It will stay sticked to leave a note saying look out for all this PMing links to members and stuff.
    *Closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back