• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film PC Film Club.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
the pc film club.

→ introduction.

Hey everyone! maccrash and myself will be hosting Movie Nights every week where we watch a community-suggested film together and then discuss it in this thread. These Movie Nights will be hosted on our cytu.be page! We'll try to mix up times that we show things so lots of people can participate and get involved.

→ next playing.

Suggest a film you'd like to watch and discuss and we'll choose one at random.

The next movie night will be happening at 10:00am GMT+10, Friday 15th April. Click here to convert that time into your timezone! The first film we'll be watching is 'Mommie Dearest'.

→ recently shown.

This section will be updated when we've shown some films!

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
mommie-dearst.jpg

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Hey, that's 8PM my time. Not bad. Might attend.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Three Colors: Blue (1993) - Krzysztof Kieślowski
Breathless (1960) - Jean-Luc Godard
Persona (1966) - Ingmar Bergman
Fargo (1996) - The Coen Brothers
Ugetsu (1953) - Kenji Mizoguchi

i kept my suggestions all pretty short (none of them reach past two hours) so it'd be easier on those with short attention spans. i want to save the heavy hitters for another time ;)

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Three Colors: Blue (1993) - Krzysztof Kieślowski
Persona (1966) - Ingmar Bergman
Fargo (1996) - The Coen Brothers
Ugetsu (1953) - Kenji Mizoguchi

i kept my suggestions all pretty short (none of them reach past two hours) so it'd be easier on those with short attention spans. i want to save the heavy hitters for another time ;)
I love all these except the two I haven't seen, but can you pick just one for Selection's Sake?

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
I love all these except the two I haven't seen, but can you pick just one for Selection's Sake?

agh sorry i didn't know we were supposed to stick with one

i'll go with the good o'l french new wave then

Charlie Brown

Years
Thanks for all the nominations for films everyone! Will be RNGing to choose one in a couple hours 8)

Also for anyone who's struggling to convert the time to their timezone - it's currently 10:06am GMT+10 (Thursday), so the movie night/film club gathering will be at the same time tomorrow!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
just so you guys know I'm submitting mommie dearest until it is picked
so
be prepared to see it eventually

Charlie Brown

Years
→ next playing: 'Mommie Dearest'.

I've done the RNG for this week and we'll be watching 'Mommie Dearest' (1981), submitted by Harley Quinn. Described as a cult classic, it's sure to be a great film to kick off the Film Club.

See you on Friday 15th April, 10:00am GMT+10 on our cytu.be page!

"When her adoptive mother Joan Crawford died in 1977, erstwhile actress/author Christina Crawford and her brother Christopher were left out of Joan Crawford's will, "for reasons which are well known to them." Industryites have suggested that it may have been this posthumous act of rejection rather than an alleged lifetime of parental abuse that inspired Christina Crawford to pen her scathing autobiography Mommie Dearest. The 1981 film version of this tome was evidently meant to be taken seriously, but the operatic direction by Frank Perry and the over-the-top portrayal of Joan Crawford by Faye Dunaway (whose makeup is remarkable) has always seemed to inspire loud laughter whenever and where-ever the film is shown."

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
I'm so excited for everyone to experience this absolute disaster
I know so much about the backstory and it's just hysterical

Now that I've gotten my way I'll be sure to back down and support everyone else's ideas for the next few movies I just really wanted you all to see this

Years
This is a really good choice. I don't think I'll participate since I hang my laundry on wire hangers I've seen it, but I'm glad others will get the chance.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I'd be able to watch if I didn't have work in the morning. Looks like my kind of film. I should watch it some other time.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I hate to be That Dude that makes the club then isn't there for the first one, but idk if I'm gonna be able to make it but I really hope I can especially because everything Harley's said about this film to me is hilarious. so I hope to be there!!

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
I'll be around, watching in the background. I've just got homework to do, so I might not be very prolific.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
agh i wanted to be here especially since it's a film that i haven't seen yet, but alas ap chemistry is holding me captive for tonight

(i may watch it on my own time so i can participate in discussion after though)

Back