• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Ho-oh

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I didn't play for two of those years now, give me a break :P
    That is, I was never in to GameCube that much.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    yeah i did it

what i did was once every day over the summer when Colleseum first came out

i would battle 10 traniers a day and i would send over my team from sapphire cuz they were better suited for that

and BAM!! "you got ho-oh!!" i still have it today in my emarald now

KurosakiKun

Shoop da whoop!
    Years
    Okay, I've given up.

It took so long to purify Yanma, and now I have a grand total of 15 pokes purified. Anyone got a speedy way (even a glitch...) to purify Pokemon?

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Massage them with scents.
    It's expensive, and doesn't do as good of a job as just battling, but if you only have two or three left, go for it.

What I did was I'd let them battle until they had reached the bottom. After that, I would put them in the box and rotate through. I'd have three shadow pokémon in my party at a time, so I could just switch.
    This is an easy method if you're playing through the game the whole way. If you decide at the end that you want to do this, it's much harder.
    That was another reason I restarted all the time, it's boring battling for hours on end without the storyline propelling you along.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
    Massage them with scents.
    It's expensive, and doesn't do as good of a job as just battling, but if you only have two or three left, go for it.

What I did was I'd let them battle until they had reached the bottom. After that, I would put them in the box and rotate through. I'd have three shadow pokémon in my party at a time, so I could just switch.
    This is an easy method if you're playing through the game the whole way. If you decide at the end that you want to do this, it's much harder.
    That was another reason I restarted all the time, it's boring battling for hours on end without the storyline propelling you along.

It is boring but thats what you have the Colosseum matches for, i find that Pyrite works the best due to lower level pokemon. and possibly the only glitch that can help you in achieving ho oh is the infinite poke ball glitch but thats it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Just have the pokemon go into hyper mode then call out there name it takes a good deal off the gauge.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I haven't done it. Couldn't be bothered. Sooo many pokemon to purify and 100 trainers to battle. might start again and try now. Post back one I have done it or given up.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I didnt get that Ho oh until a month ago. It was frustrating.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    If i got Colleseum and a Cube controller for my wii, would i still be able to transfer pokes over to Emerald or does't the Link cable work on a wii? Cause I borrowed Colleseum before and liked it this may have inspired me to buy it...

KurosakiKun

Shoop da whoop!
    Years
    If i got Colleseum and a Cube controller for my wii, would i still be able to transfer pokes over to Emerald or does't the Link cable work on a wii? Cause I borrowed Colleseum before and liked it this may have inspired me to buy it...
    Yup, GBA - GC link cable works with Wii.

Years
    A quick way to purify the pokes is in AGate village. Put one shadow poke in day care, have 6 in party. the edge/cliff near the entrance on the left, walk into it. then plug out your controller, push up on contoller and plug back in. IF the screen shakes, then it is working. leave on overnight and repeat till all are done.

BTW i've also gotten me ho-oh in double battke format. the only "hard" part was the 98th and 99th trainer because 98 has Groudon and 99 has Kyogre. the last guy is not that hard at all.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
    A quick way to purify the pokes is in AGate village. Put one shadow poke in day care, have 6 in party. the edge/cliff near the entrance on the left, walk into it. then plug out your controller, push up on contoller and plug back in. IF the screen shakes, then it is working. leave on overnight and repeat till all are done.

BTW i've also gotten me ho-oh in double battke format. the only "hard" part was the 98th and 99th trainer because 98 has Groudon and 99 has Kyogre. the last guy is not that hard at all.

XD i actually used the Agate trick sped up the process big time, and as for MT.Battle i imported my kyogre so things were not to hard, but i did single format

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    If I tried too attempt it, I would probably gather some EV'd legendaries, alike Kyogre, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza.

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I did this 2 weeks ago with:
    Lv100 Rayquaza
    Lv100 Lugia
    Lv75 Pidgeot
    Lv70 Arcanine
    Lv70 Blastoise
    Lv70 Raichu.

Never lost a match :D

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Okay, I've given up.

It took so long to purify Yanma, and now I have a grand total of 15 pokes purified. Anyone got a speedy way (even a glitch...) to purify Pokemon?

The Agate Glitch they mentioned before is good but time consuming still. Itll purify about 7 Pokes in a day. Purification can be done in 5 ways: Battling, Calling, Walking, Daycare and Massaging and it's based on your pokes Personality. Just experiment with each until you find the one that works the best. Metagross, Tyrantitar and the Legendary dogs all have a difficult time purifying for some reason (probably because they are legendaries or psuedo-legends) so use the 3 time flutes on them. And be patient. I purify at about a rate of 7 in 4 hours this way.

Back