• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Map-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I guess I should stop lurking now and post something.
    I wasn't initially going to post this map, and instead, I was going to make something purely for this thread...BUT I procrastinated too much and I'm finding myself without enough time to make what I wanted. Everyone else is posting these huge maps with all these cool things, and I'm over here posting a little starter village!

Aww don't feel so bad! I like it.

As I kept continuing to work on mine I just saw everyone else keep posting those really awesome advanced ones and I felt like mine would look so pale in comparison haha.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about their map in comparison with everyone else's x.x mine is gonna be in a similar style (I'll be using only vanilla tiles) and it's taking me a while because it's much larger, but that doesn't make it inherently better (in fact it'll probably be worse overall haha.)

It looks like you've put a lot of thought into yours and I think it does what it's designed for very well. c:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Aww don't feel so bad! I like it.

As I kept continuing to work on mine I just saw everyone else keep posting those really awesome advanced ones and I felt like mine would look so pale in comparison haha.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about their map in comparison with everyone else's x.x mine is gonna be in a similar style (I'll be using only vanilla tiles) and it's taking me a while because it's much larger, but that doesn't make it inherently better (in fact it'll probably be worse overall haha.)

It looks like you've put a lot of thought into yours and I think it does what it's designed for very well. c:

No harm in posting it! That's why I posted mine.
    You never know~

Years
  • Finally done. This place should be quite a popular tourist attraction (originally inspired by the Niagara Falls). Most tourists are watching the waterfalls from the area near the city. But the trainers can freely explore the higher part of the falls. This one should be some kind of Outside Dungeon during the story, there the player doesn't have access to HM surf yet. But with Surf & Waterfall more parts of this map can be explored.

Spoiler:

Credits: DaybreakM, Flurmimon, Evolina, WesleyFg, The-red-ex, Zeo254, burton-kun, Chaoticcherrycake, Kyle-dove, Tratas, geoisevil, LotusKing, Magiscarf, Pokemon-Diamond, EpicDay, Zetavares852

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Here's my entry! I'm still a beginner, but I hope you'll appreciate this map nonetheless!

(the map could still use some fixes, if that's allowed)
    Spoiler:

Welcome to Azurine Terraces, a new suburb of the giant Azurine City!
    And yes, here I tried to merge an usual route map with a town :)
    This is a verdant area near the river, where the valley takes a turn and gets broader, before turning again and entering the City. To the right, a pathway makes its way on top of the slope, and leads to another village, while the main route continues onward to the south, following the river. On the other side of the water course, a small cave is found: it hasn't been explored extensively yet, and doesn't seem to lead anywhere, but it is full of interesting Pokémon.
    Here people are building their new homes in a clean, cozy place that's still close to their workplace and to the services the City can offer. The restaurant and café in the centre, that has opened recently, also helps people who have just moved, or are just passing by, to get together.
    I planned to add seasons to my game and to set "snap edges" to True in most maps, so that the camera won't follow the player near the sides of the map... So there's also a Spring Version (here).
    Credits go to: Zerudez, Boomxbig, Ultimospriter, Thatssowitty (and the other contributors to his Public tileset) and me (I just recolored some tiles, like the flag of Azurine on the light posts).

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Man, I was worried I wouldn't have enough time to finish mine.

Anyway it's nothing too special compared to what others have made, but this is what I've come up with. It took me a few days and I've been working on it all day since I got up today.

(All mspaint btw)

Spoiler:

It doesn't really have a name, but the idea was for it to be a city hosting the Battle Tower, built onto the side of a mountain.

These are all vanilla FR/LG/Emerald tiles (though I've slightly edited some of them to make them look better.)

I was originally going to have more buildings off to the right hand side, so the Battle Tower would be more part of the city, but I couldn't think of a good way to do that without building placement looking weird, so I just kinda went with what I already had and tried thinking of a way to fill in the area between the Battle Tower and the main city area.

It looks very similar to Saffron City, mostly because this is the kind of city I was wanting to build. The opening in the fence is because I didn't have a corner tile like I would have needed to finish the fence, and I figured I could just leave a one tile-wide opening in it as a nod to National Park in Johto.

The area at the bottom is a suburb area with residential homes, just off to the edge of the city. It was supposed to be bigger, but to be honest I was too lazy to map it out entirely and I already had enough on my plate as-is so I figured it wouldn't hurt to cut out a few rows of tiles off the bottom of the map.

The police man near the cave entrance is guarding it in the same way Cerulean Cave is guarded in Gen. I. I haven't decided what the requirement for getting past the guard is nor what the cave contains, because this is just a standalone map I wasn't going to use for anything else and I can't map out the interior for this thread.

(There are a few hidden berries in the grass, can you find them all? ;p)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not going to be able to finish mine, as I'm dealing with an injury that's making it hard to sit down and focus on computer work. If it's ok, I still would like to share where I was! Tiles by magiscarf. (i totally didnt know you were on pc)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Here's my submission: never procrastinate again lol
    Spoiler:

Here is my route, ROUTE 4 (or something, name isn't important). It's a route that comes fairly early on in the game, maybe after the first or second gym. It goes from bottom to top and connects two cities together - the one at the top being the city that contains next gym. The player starts at the south, and will venture up a little incline to reach the next city. Along the way, there are some small, winding ways that the player can walk along to obtain items (bottom left being a TM, the other being a hold item like Miracle Seed or something). The player may have to backtrack to the bottom city, so the slopes make it very easy to get from top to bottom. On the top left is a forest, which the player will have to enter after obtaining CUT, which can only be used after defeating the gym leader of the next gym. The forest is important since the evil team is up to no good, and it is up to the player to stop them. Of course, there will be trainers scattered on the route, but I have not included them.

Tiles are vanilla FRLG tiles.

Yeah, I probably could have added some finer detail or used Paint to make some tile things flow better, but maybe I should have just started earlier.

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • My sumission in the attachment
    Spoiler:

Credits: Welsey-FG for the tree tiles and the berry like tree tiles. From his hack LP (Asked for permission to use)

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Submissions are now closed! We'll get straight to the judging and the winners will be announced the end of the GT!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • PokéCommunity's Map-Off
    Hosted by Rainbow
    The judges - Dyskinesia, Hiroshi Sotomura, and I, have conferred, and after two days we've identified the three best maps of the event! *starts drumroll even though you already clicked the spoilers*
    Winners

In third place, for 75 points...
    Spoiler:

In second place, for 100 points...
    Spoiler:

In first place, for 150 points...
    Spoiler:

Congratulations to the winners and everyone else who joined in! Everyone else will get 15 House points for participation. Hope everyone had a good time making their maps and thanks for participating!

Years
  • Congrats to the winners!

And just a little question. Are there any plans to release the results of the judging (as mentioned on the first post)? Because I think those outside of the top3 are being curious how their work was rated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back