Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old December 26th, 2016 (4:31 AM). Edited July 14th, 2017 by Froosty.
Froosty's Avatar
Froosty Froosty is offline
The_Learner
     
    Join Date: Sep 2014
    Location: Somewhere in this world.
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 542
    INTRODUCTION

    Hello Guys,
    Its me "The_Learner", back again amongst you, but this time with a tool made by me....
    So I came up with this tool which I called "TL's Quick Enhancer".

    You can always support me around here :
    Click here to switch to DISCORD
    also there is some other project I am working on, which is bit related to this and better than this .. which is being talked about in the link above.

    SUPPORTED ROM :
    Fire Red and Emerald
    I am planning to stick with these two only, as most of the hackers use only these bases for making a rom-hack.

    FEATURES AVAILABLE :
    Spoiler:
    • Critical Hit updat.
    • Egg hatch Level (Removed in latest release but will be added on next release)
    • Ev cap to 252
    • Hm moves forgetting (I have heard that this hack doesnt work)
    • Pokedex glitch fix (FR)
    • Reusable TM
    • Rough skin update
    • Running shoes indoor
    • catch poke exp gain
    • Deoxys(Normal Form)
    • displaying IV (FR)
    • Fairy type adding
    • Nature Coloured Stats
    • Poison Survival
    • PSS split
    • Save Pokeball (FR)
    • Time box with menu (FR) (Need RTC to work)
    • Wild Double battle (FR)
    • Repel System
    • Free Space Finder
    • Ability Adder
    • Pokemon editor (In early alpha at the moment)
    • ..... so many still being added on


    FEATURES PLANNED :
    Spoiler:
    • Hidden Ability (FR) Its completed and will be available in next update.
    • Item Editor
    • Habitat Editor (FR) Its completed and will be available in next update.
    • Trainer Editor
    • Pokeball Expansion
    • New evolution Methods
    • Dawn stone gender evolution implemention
    • Roaming legendaries IV fix Its completed and will be available in next update.
    • Sprite insertion.... (Alternative to NSE...)
    • ... and other that I might think or those that you suggest
    The feaures listed here will be added with time going on.



    VERSION CHANGE LOG
    Spoiler:
    • Initial release: 2016-12-26
      released the original version of the tool

    • UPDATE: 2016-12-31
      Switched to a different programming language,
      added features: catch pokemon experience gain, critical hit update, pokedex glitch fix, natured coloured stats

    • UPDATE: 2017-01-06
      added features: reusable TM, pss split and images, poison survival, forgettig HM moves, rough skin update, displaying IV, deoxy normal form implementation.
      Bugs fixed: Improper colour display for natures, exp gain after catching a pokemon.

    • UPDATE: 2017-02-04
      added features: Hidden ability (FR), Ability Adder, Pokemon Editor (In the beta, need some reasearch for this), Repel system (FR and EM), Free Space Finder (Within this tool) And most importantly, this tool now has a .ini file support.
      Bugs fixed: poison survival text issue
    • UPDATE: 2017-07-02
      MASSIVE CHANGE: I have decided that this tool will have the quick feature installing removed from it, so it will only be the data (table) editor tool that will be able to edit pokemon, item, move, ability data and so on. but It wont install those features quick and easy for you.
      Though I might not remove the early version of it.
      even if I remove it from here I will put it somwhere else and link it. I now hugely suggest to learn hex editing and asm insertion.
      And if you guys happen to think if the tool is not so necessary if it gets the quick feature install thing removed then you can tell me,
      I can abandon the tool right away



    BUG LIST:
    Spoiler:

    Well as I already said before, this is just an initial release to inform you guys about my project, try to ignore some text and graphics bugs in the tools i.e. the icon and gramatical error....
    But if you encounter any bugs in the rom after using this tool then pls inform me....

    Quote:
    the bolded texts means the bugs are still there and the strikethrough text means the bugs are solved.
    • Proper colouring with the nature coloured stats.
    • exp gain after catching a pokemon, freezes the game.
    • Poison survival text itssue: Everything is just fine, the pokemon survives the poison but the message afterward is little glitched. It will be fixed in next update.
    • I heard the HM forgetting is not working, but its due to the problem in the original tutorial I think.
    • One of the features in the tool, might be the catch pokemon exp gain or the poison survival writes data in 800000 without searching for free space.


    Credit List:
    The credit list was around the second page, but then I shifted it here.
    also
    special Thanks to Gamer2020 for his tool PGE. whose reference is taken to build this app,
    also some of the functions are used in this release available.

    Spoiler:
    RUNNING SHOES INDOOR
    FireRed:
    Emerald:

    EV CAP TO 252
    FireRed: Touched
    Emerald: Artemis64

    EGG HATCH LEVEL
    FireRed: Jambo51
    Emerald: Wobbu

    CATCH POKEMON EXPERIENCE GAIN
    FireRed:
    Emerald:

    CRITICAL HIT UPDATE
    FireRed & Emerald: KDS

    POKEDEX GLITCH FIX
    FireRed:

    NATURE COLOURED STATS
    FireRed:
    Emerald:

    REUSABLE TM
    FireRed:
    Emerald: colors

    PSS SPLIT
    FireRed:
    Emerald:



    I even attached the initial release with the OP.
    Be sure to check it and inform me
    __________________
    Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
    Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

    Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

    My works:
    TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
    TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
    TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


    | |
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old December 26th, 2016 (6:13 AM).
    DTD DTD is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2016
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 10
      hey =)) nice idea. Can't wait for futher releases
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old December 26th, 2016 (6:16 AM).
      Froosty's Avatar
      Froosty Froosty is offline
      The_Learner
         
        Join Date: Sep 2014
        Location: Somewhere in this world.
        Age: 19
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 542
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by DTD View Post
        hey =)) nice idea. Can't wait for futher releases
        Thanks for that!!!

        I am working to improve the look of it right at the moment,
        by the way have you tried using it ???
        __________________
        Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
        Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

        Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

        My works:
        TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
        TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
        TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


        | |
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old December 26th, 2016 (6:45 AM). Edited December 26th, 2016 by DTD.
        DTD DTD is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2016
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 10
          The tool seems to be fine for me.. but I have some questions. This tool can also works with hacked-rom, right? I haven't tried yet, so I'm very curious
          Oh! I have just came up with some crazy idea =) . I'm wondering if there is any chance you would be able to enhance more!, I mean, Iv displaying and bw repel system,.etc.. is awesome, but what above importing new " hp bar", "battle background" and "text box" (if you know what I mean xD)? Your tool could go into some kind of Tool wall of fame if you can do that, right =) ?
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old December 26th, 2016 (7:13 AM).
          FBI's Avatar
          FBI FBI is offline
          Free supporter
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jan 2013
          Location: Unknown Island
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1,792
          Cool. Don't forget to credit the researchers for their work as well :)
          __________________
          ...
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old December 26th, 2016 (7:15 AM).
          Froosty's Avatar
          Froosty Froosty is offline
          The_Learner
             
            Join Date: Sep 2014
            Location: Somewhere in this world.
            Age: 19
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 542
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by DTD View Post
            The tool seems to be fine for me.. but I have some questions. This tool can also works with hacked-rom, right? I haven't tried yet, so I'm very curious
            Oh! I have just came up with some crazy idea =) . I'm wondering if there is any chance you would be able to enhance more!, I mean, Iv displaying and bw repel system,.etc.. is awesome, but what above importing new " hp bar", "battle background" and "text box" (if you know what I mean xD)? Your tool could go into some kind of Tool wall of fame if you can do that, right =) ?
            Well of-course it will work with hack in progress... I am trying it to build in that way...
            Well the idea you came up with, I am also thinking about those... but they would require more knowledge so they will also be included in the future releases(Not so sure though!)

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FBI View Post
            Cool. Don't forget to credit the researchers for their work as well
            Well probably not gonna forget that...
            I am planning to make a seperate tab for credit list
            __________________
            Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
            Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

            Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

            My works:
            TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
            TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
            TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


            | |
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old December 26th, 2016 (8:24 AM).
            OtaKun's Avatar
            OtaKun OtaKun is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2015
              Location: Ricefields
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 47
              pss icons? what're you gonna do with them??
              anyways the tool looks good, haven't tried it yet, but will look out for future releases
              keep it up :D
              __________________
              <img src=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1b/be/73/1bbe73376fb47900655fe51a507d8abc.gif border=0 alt= />
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old December 26th, 2016 (12:18 PM).
              Deokishisu's Avatar
              Deokishisu Deokishisu is offline
              Mr. Magius
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2006
                Location: If I'm online, it's a safe bet I'm at a computer.
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 886
                It's cool that you're learning how to program and can make a tool like this, but most of the features you're planning or that are being suggested are things that I'd rather implement myself. It's super easy and quick to do the already implemented stuff in a hex editor, and I wouldn't trust this to repoint things when I could do it manually and put it exactly where I want it to be.
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old December 26th, 2016 (12:29 PM).
                BadEgg~'s Avatar
                BadEgg~ BadEgg~ is offline
                Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2015
                  Location: Pokémon PC Network
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naughty
                  Posts: 115
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
                  It's cool that you're learning how to program and can make a tool like this, but most of the features you're planning or that are being suggested are things that I'd rather implement myself. It's super easy and quick to do the already implemented stuff in a hex editor, and I wouldn't trust this to repoint things when I could do it manually and put it exactly where I want it to be.
                  Then this tool isn't for you. Tools/patches like these that add all these features are aimed at people who often just wanna mess around with ROM hacking or want to get into it for the purpose of telling a story without having to invest weeks into learning the nitty gritty of ROM hacking. This tool makes ROM hacking much more accessible to newer hackers.
                  __________________
                  Current Projects
                  ---
                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old December 26th, 2016 (12:33 PM).
                  Deokishisu's Avatar
                  Deokishisu Deokishisu is offline
                  Mr. Magius
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2006
                    Location: If I'm online, it's a safe bet I'm at a computer.
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 886
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BadEgg~ View Post
                    Then this tool isn't for you. Tools/patches like these that add all these features are aimed at people who often just wanna mess around with ROM hacking or want to get into it for the purpose of telling a story without having to invest weeks into learning the nitty gritty of ROM hacking. This tool makes ROM hacking much more accessible to newer hackers.
                    I don't see how opening up a hex editor, using goto to go to an offset that is literally given to you in the research post, doing the small byte changes that are literally given to you in the research post, saving the file, and exiting the hex editor is weeks of nitty gritty. I could do this right now faster than downloading, unzipping, and using this program would be.

                    EDIT: The nitty gritty learning was done for you, by the person who researched these byte changes.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #11    
                    Old December 26th, 2016 (10:02 PM). Edited February 8th, 2017 by Froosty.
                    Froosty's Avatar
                    Froosty Froosty is offline
                    The_Learner
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2014
                      Location: Somewhere in this world.
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 542
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by OtaKun View Post
                      pss icons? what're you gonna do with them??
                      anyways the tool looks good, haven't tried it yet, but will look out for future releases
                      keep it up :D
                      I am gonna make this tool to insert the pss icons....
                      But you will have to do the pss patch yourself...

                      Edit: I dont know if you used this tool or not, but it inserts the pss image and indeed even apply the pss patch...

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
                      It's cool that you're learning how to program and can make a tool like this, but most of the features you're planning or that are being suggested are things that I'd rather implement myself. It's super easy and quick to do the already implemented stuff in a hex editor, and I wouldn't trust this to repoint things when I could do it manually and put it exactly where I want it to be.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
                      I don't see how opening up a hex editor, using goto to go to an offset that is literally given to you in the research post, doing the small byte changes that are literally given to you in the research post, saving the file, and exiting the hex editor is weeks of nitty gritty. I could do this right now faster than downloading, unzipping, and using this program would be.

                      EDIT: The nitty gritty learning was done for you, by the person who researched these byte changes.
                      Well the thing is you are also right,
                      But beginner hackers find difficult messing with hex and asm..
                      So the main purpose of this tool is to help them with inserting aome awesome fratures in their rom until they learn these things by themself...
                      And also to save the time
                      __________________
                      Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                      Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                      Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                      My works:
                      TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                      TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                      TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                      | |
                      Reply With Quote
                        #12    
                      Old December 27th, 2016 (12:58 AM).
                      DarkPsychic's Avatar
                      DarkPsychic DarkPsychic is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                        Location: CO
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 133
                        Personally love this ^_^

                        Thank you The_learner,
                        I do however find learning how to do it all without a tool to be very important in really learning but I also like to save time....
                        One reason for most of the amazing ASM routines not being in hacks it not because of complexity but because of time....
                        Though complexity does come into play which is why the community and tutorials are here.

                        Also if you can @The_learner could you make it able for the user to add their own routines?
                        Also could you had the routines from the Hacked Engine 1.1 tool as well?
                        That tool is long past overdue for an updated version

                        What else are you planing to add to the tool if I may ask?
                        Reply With Quote
                          #13    
                        Old December 27th, 2016 (1:15 AM).
                        Froosty's Avatar
                        Froosty Froosty is offline
                        The_Learner
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2014
                          Location: Somewhere in this world.
                          Age: 19
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 542
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by DarkPsychic View Post
                          Personally love this

                          Thank you The_learner,
                          I do however find learning how to do it all without a tool to be very important in really learning but I also like to save time....
                          One reason for most of the amazing ASM routines not being in hacks it not because of complexity but because of time....
                          Though complexity does come into play which is why the community and tutorials are here.

                          Also if you can @The_learner could you make it able for the user to add their own routines?
                          Also could you had the routines from the Hacked Engine 1.1 tool as well?
                          That tool is long past overdue for an updated version

                          What else are you planing to add to the tool if I may ask?
                          Well I hardly understood what you tried to say....
                          Code:
                          Also if you can @The_learner could you make it able for the user to add their own routines?
                          Are you asking me to make it something like asm compiler ????

                          Code:
                          Also could you had the routines from the Hacked Engine 1.1 tool as well?
                          and about these, are you asking the features of Hacked Engine 1.1 or what else ??

                          Code:
                          That tool is long past overdue for an updated version
                          Couldn't understand that as well !!!
                          __________________
                          Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                          Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                          Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                          My works:
                          TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                          TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                          TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                          | |
                          Reply With Quote
                            #14    
                          Old December 27th, 2016 (1:46 AM).
                          DarkPsychic's Avatar
                          DarkPsychic DarkPsychic is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                            Location: CO
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 133
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by The_learner View Post
                            Well I hardly understood what you tried to say....
                            Code:
                            Also if you can @The_learner could you make it able for the user to add their own routines?
                            Are you asking me to make it something like asm compiler ????

                            Code:
                            Also could you had the routines from the Hacked Engine 1.1 tool as well?
                            and about these, are you asking the features of Hacked Engine 1.1 or what else ??

                            Code:
                            That tool is long past overdue for an updated version
                            Couldn't understand that as well !!!




                            Ok then let me rephrase then...

                            1. Can you make a feature so the user of the tool could add their own compiled routines?
                            Could just let the User choose what offset to use....

                            2. I mean can you add the Routines from the Fire Red Hacked Engine as the source comes with it?
                            Doing this one though would might just need a new tool all around...

                            Code:
                            That tool is long past overdue for an updated version
                            Was just talking about the Fire Red Hacked Engine 1.1 tool
                            Reply With Quote
                              #15    
                            Old December 27th, 2016 (2:44 AM).
                            Froosty's Avatar
                            Froosty Froosty is offline
                            The_Learner
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2014
                              Location: Somewhere in this world.
                              Age: 19
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Brave
                              Posts: 542
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by DarkPsychic View Post
                              Ok then let me rephrase then...

                              1. Can you make a feature so the user of the tool could add their own compiled routines?
                              Could just let the User choose what offset to use....

                              2. I mean can you add the Routines from the Fire Red Hacked Engine as the source comes with it?
                              Doing this one though would might just need a new tool all around...

                              Code:
                              That tool is long past overdue for an updated version
                              Was just talking about the Fire Red Hacked Engine 1.1 tool
                              1. yes the choosing the offest thing is to be included...
                              If you are saying to inserth the routine in a fixed offset...
                              (like inserting the pokemon name table at offset 0x800000)

                              2. Haha.. This time also I totally didnt get it, but if you asking for the features of Hacked engine then its not sure right now !!!
                              __________________
                              Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                              Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                              Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                              My works:
                              TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                              TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                              TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                              | |
                              Reply With Quote
                                #16    
                              Old December 27th, 2016 (4:06 AM).
                              DizzyEgg's Avatar
                              DizzyEgg DizzyEgg is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2014
                                Location: Poland
                                Age: 20
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 715
                                It's cool that you're learning programming by making poke-related tools, but I don't think they're really necessary. All it does is change a few bytes and it takes like 5 seconds in a hex editor.
                                If someone thinks that's too hard, then romhacking isn't for them.
                                __________________
                                Support Pokeruby!

                                My works:
                                Battle Engine Upgrade
                                Pokemon Expansion
                                Items/TMs/Tutors Expansion
                                Various Features(Evo Methods, BW Repel, Levels Above 100, Trainers with EV, Nature Colored Stats)

                                Emerald Features:
                                Form Changes (KDS)
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #17    
                                Old December 27th, 2016 (4:11 AM).
                                Froosty's Avatar
                                Froosty Froosty is offline
                                The_Learner
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2014
                                  Location: Somewhere in this world.
                                  Age: 19
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Brave
                                  Posts: 542
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by DizzyEgg View Post
                                  It's cool that you're learning programming by making poke-related tools, but I don't think they're really necessary. All it does is change a few bytes and it takes like 5 seconds in a hex editor.
                                  If someone thinks that's too hard, then romhacking isn't for them.
                                  I dont know why,
                                  Everytime i try to do something for the rom havking community... people often tell me that I am wasting my time doing so...
                                  Even if its like making a patch(people demotivated me telling there are a lot of patches already)
                                  And while making a tool(telling that it is easy task)
                                  .
                                  But neither time noone understand my effort and will to contribute something towars rom hacking..
                                  .
                                  .
                                  .
                                  I am totally screwed and pissed off!!!
                                  __________________
                                  Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                                  Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                                  Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                                  My works:
                                  TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                                  TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                                  TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                                  | |
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #18    
                                  Old December 27th, 2016 (4:31 AM).
                                  VeryBestRogue's Avatar
                                  VeryBestRogue VeryBestRogue is offline
                                  Night Shade
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2016
                                    Location: Ya Guess
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 22
                                    Hey I like it! I was planning to do something like this just in a different Language (Python, as I am studying it). If you ever decide to make the switch to python I'd be happy to help :)
                                    __________________
                                    An supporter of :

                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #19    
                                    Old December 27th, 2016 (4:49 AM).
                                    Froosty's Avatar
                                    Froosty Froosty is offline
                                    The_Learner
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2014
                                      Location: Somewhere in this world.
                                      Age: 19
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Brave
                                      Posts: 542
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by VeryBestRogue View Post
                                      Hey I like it! I was planning to do something like this just in a different Language (Python, as I am studying it). If you ever decide to make the switch to python I'd be happy to help
                                      I might not switch to python as i dont know about it, but probably we can share our ideas..
                                      __________________
                                      Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                                      Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                                      Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                                      My works:
                                      TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                                      TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                                      TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                                      | |
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #20    
                                      Old December 27th, 2016 (5:21 AM).
                                      ThomasWinwood ThomasWinwood is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Nov 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 71
                                        While people are correct in saying that the things this tool does are very easy to do by hand in a hex editor, I'd say they're tedious to do that way when you're going to want to do them for every new hack you make if you habitually restart (ahem) so this is a nice thing to have around.

                                        It'd be helpful if your Github repository contained the project file and other resources so that others can clone it and compile it easily. As it is, if I wanted to try out your code I'd have to reconstruct the UI using only the event hooks you've left as clues to what's what.

                                        You should also include a license statement (I'm a fan of the GPL, but there's also BSD with varying numbers of clauses, MIT and others) since as written nobody else is actually legally allowed to contribute (if you don't specify some form of licensing the default is "all rights reserved").

                                        You've also got some blank event handlers in "My code" for clicking on labels which aren't actually needed—if you don't know how to fix that then I can do it for you once you publish the full project rather than just a couple of .cs files.
                                        __________________
                                        The rival in Red and Blue is called Green. Gary is some character from a lame cartoon.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #21    
                                        Old December 27th, 2016 (6:11 AM).
                                        Froosty's Avatar
                                        Froosty Froosty is offline
                                        The_Learner
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2014
                                          Location: Somewhere in this world.
                                          Age: 19
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Brave
                                          Posts: 542
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by ThomasWinwood View Post
                                          While people are correct in saying that the things this tool does are very easy to do by hand in a hex editor, I'd say they're tedious to do that way when you're going to want to do them for every new hack you make if you habitually restart (ahem) so this is a nice thing to have around.

                                          It'd be helpful if your Github repository contained the project file and other resources so that others can clone it and compile it easily. As it is, if I wanted to try out your code I'd have to reconstruct the UI using only the event hooks you've left as clues to what's what.

                                          You should also include a license statement (I'm a fan of the GPL, but there's also BSD with varying numbers of clauses, MIT and others) since as written nobody else is actually legally allowed to contribute (if you don't specify some form of licensing the default is "all rights reserved").

                                          You've also got some blank event handlers in "My code" for clicking on labels which aren't actually needed—if you don't know how to fix that then I can do it for you once you publish the full project rather than just a couple of .cs files.
                                          Well I understood what you said, so I will try to get to it as soon as possible
                                          __________________
                                          Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                                          Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                                          Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                                          My works:
                                          TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                                          TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                                          TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                                          | |
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #22    
                                          Old December 27th, 2016 (6:26 AM).
                                          VeryBestRogue's Avatar
                                          VeryBestRogue VeryBestRogue is offline
                                          Night Shade
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2016
                                            Location: Ya Guess
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Bold
                                            Posts: 22
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by The_learner View Post
                                            I might not switch to python as i dont know about it, but probably we can share our ideas..
                                            Python's quite easy, I left C as it didn't have OOP capabilities.... Thanks for reply
                                            __________________
                                            An supporter of :

                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #23    
                                            Old December 27th, 2016 (6:30 AM).
                                            LykO's Avatar
                                            LykO LykO is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Sep 2009
                                              Nature: Serious
                                              Posts: 29
                                              Good Job!
                                              Looking for future features.
                                              __________________

                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #24    
                                              Old December 27th, 2016 (6:37 AM).
                                              Trev's Avatar
                                              Trev Trev is offline
                                              starting my comeback tour
                                                 
                                                Join Date: May 2012
                                                Location: anywhere as long as I have dogs
                                                Age: 21
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Sassy
                                                Posts: 1,233
                                                Hey, nice idea! I actually do kind of support this less so for making it easier but for serving as a reminder of the features that I need to implement. And plus, it is kind of nice to just click a few buttons to add in the features that you wanted. I'd love something like this for when I finish RedChal and move on to another hack.

                                                One issue I have, though, is that some additional features that you could possibly add would take up free space. I assume you're going to have a way to allow the user to put stuff in free space on their own accord, right? I only ask because it seems like you aren't the most experienced tool creator (which isn't a bad thing :p) and doing something like that might be difficult.

                                                Otherwise, nice tool! I might use it when there are more features.
                                                __________________
                                                Projects





                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #25    
                                                Old December 27th, 2016 (7:16 AM).
                                                Froosty's Avatar
                                                Froosty Froosty is offline
                                                The_Learner
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Sep 2014
                                                  Location: Somewhere in this world.
                                                  Age: 19
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Brave
                                                  Posts: 542
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by VeryBestRogue View Post
                                                  Python's quite easy, I left C as it didn't have OOP capabilities.... Thanks for reply
                                                  Well as I programming student, I have to learn it.. but its some time later... so maybe I will think about it later

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by LykO View Post
                                                  Good Job!
                                                  Looking for future features.
                                                  Thanks

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Trev View Post
                                                  Hey, nice idea! I actually do kind of support this less so for making it easier but for serving as a reminder of the features that I need to implement. And plus, it is kind of nice to just click a few buttons to add in the features that you wanted. I'd love something like this for when I finish RedChal and move on to another hack.

                                                  One issue I have, though, is that some additional features that you could possibly add would take up free space. I assume you're going to have a way to allow the user to put stuff in free space on their own accord, right? I only ask because it seems like you aren't the most experienced tool creator (which isn't a bad thing :p) and doing something like that might be difficult.

                                                  Otherwise, nice tool! I might use it when there are more features.
                                                  Well I am not experienced but trying my best
                                                  and thanks for inspiring
                                                  __________________
                                                  Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                                                  Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                                                  Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                                                  My works:
                                                  TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                                                  TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                                                  TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                                                  | |
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:46 AM.