• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Ultra Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • PC Ultra Beast

CREATE AN ULTRA BEAST

Ultra Beasts are one of the main additions to the Pokemon mechanics from Generation VII, along with Z-Moves. They are a group of Pokemon origination from the Ultra Space, an otherworldly dimension aid to exist in the Pokemon Universe. They usually appear with Ultra Wormholes in the region of Alola.

Right now, seven Ultra Beasts, or UBs, have been identified, each with a different personality. Who knows, maybe there are other species out there that only needs to be discovered!​
    The Project

This project aims to create Pokecommunity?s first [set of] Ultra Beasts! Since the community is divided into four houses, each House will be able to conceptualize, from the beginning until end, an Ultra Beast of their own! The phases of the creation will be as follows:

Phase 1: Concept Creation. Each house will be designing an Ultra Beast that perfectly represents each house. I will be posting some guide questions and, as a house, members will be free to input their thoughts. This will last for two days.

Phase 2: Type-discussion. What typing would fit well with the concept created during phase 1? What typing would fit well with the house?s team, flavor-wise? Like phase 1, I will also be putting guide questions. This will also last for two days.

Phase 3: Stat and Moveset discussion and submission. UBs have the same BST so it?s just the distribution that we are talking about here. Movesets must also be aligned to the type and concept. No ability-discussion since we will be sticking with the standard Beast Boost.

Phase 4: Design submissions. Users can submit their own artworks for the UB. Phase 3 and Phase 4 will be simultaneous and will last for 6 days, with an extra day for voting and finalization of the Ultra Beast.

The Rules
    1. Follow all PC-wide rules and of course GT-wide rules.
    2. No house-hopping! Please participate only on the House you are sorted in.
    3. No spamming the thread.
    4. No double-posting. Edit your last post if it is necessary.

Phase 1 Guide Questions

1. How do we translate the House?s values into the Pokemon World?
    2. Are there specific aspects to a Pokemon that directly correlate with the House?s theme?
    3. Are there any other aspects needed for the Ultra Beast?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2018
    Here are a couple of ideas based around Doctrina's inquisitive nature.

1. Name: Cerebelle
    Codename: UB Brain
    Concept: Flower shaped like an anatomical brain. (Brain Celosia)
    Type: Psychic/Grass
    Design: Attached to the brain with be the brain"stems" with a string of bellflowers that serve as it's limbs. (almost like a levitating octopus as far as its mobility)
    Image of Brain Celosia -
    Spoiler:

2. Name: Psicasso (Psych + Picasso)
    Codename: UB Therapy
    Concept: Inkblot Test
    Type: Psychic/Bug

Ink blot tests are used by psychologists to diagnose thinking disorders, phobias (deepest fears), and personality disorders (like schizophrenia). "Knowledge is power" in the sense that knowing your opponents fears allows Psicasso to attack psychological vulnerabilities.

Design: Moth with wing patterns that morph into different ink blot shapes. Since this house is not dark (and rather inquisitive), the ink used to form patterns would be bright and colorful, and constantly changing hues.

NoMoreStars

Trying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is just kinda something I'm throwing out there as far as concepts go for the other Glorias. I was thinking about "what is something that could represent hard-working determination?" Of course all I wanted to think of concept-wise for Ultra Beasts were cryptids and weird long-extinct animals. But then I remembered that UB's don't have to be based on animals and can be weird and so I propose this as a design base: a train, specifically a steam locomotive.

Now it doesn't have to be just "a train", but rather have a train motif. I thought of such because I first thought about the children's book The Little Engine that Could, which then got me thinking about the hard-work and determination railway workers must of had to have during the Industrial Revolution, as well as the pure resilience and strength of a steam locomotive by extension.

Ste182

If Pokemon is for children, then by Arceus, I'll n
    Years
  • I like your idea NoMoreStars. The train idea is a cool and creative way to look at it.
    I kind of have a loose idea myself. I was thinking something along the lines of a solar powered satellite themed creature. Since Gloria is about hard work I figured the fact that we have the means to harvest energy from the sun and that we have been to space are both huge testament to what humanity can achieve with hard work and dedication. I was thinking that maybe it would be Electric/ Steel

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2018
    Bumping thread!

So, if we were to pick from the two I suggested I think UB Brain is a much straightforward and iconic symbol than the other one I suggested.

Let me know if you guys like the UB Brain idea.

DeusPro

Banned
    Years
  • UB Brain idea is fun, and simple. I like the idea! Typing works well in conjunction with Doctrina. I will post here if I get an idea.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi guys - due to a last-minute change of Event Organizers and some confusion about the exact nature of this event, we've decided to create a new, fresh thread with the updated guidelines. this new thread will be up within a few hours at most and will detail all the changes to the event. we apologize for the inconvenience!

~closed.

update: voila!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back