• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I haven't mentioned this before, but you cannot use Continues in the semi-finals, for the reasons that you have stated. Furthermore, if Law07, Paranoia, Ichida, and/or aragornbird lucked out by getting to the finals in the last tournament, it'll show in this one. Long before the semi-finals, for sure.

That said, any changes, if made, won't be implemented this time around. But it's possible something else could be done for future ones. It's probable that they'll get a free pass to the second round, as I had originally planned. This way, they get to avoid the annoyance of dealing with no-shows, as many of you are experiencing right now. >_>

As for Burzes, you would get the win by default, thus becoming a participant in Round 1.5. =D

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Sorry, we can't add new people after it's already started. Check back for the next one. My apologies.

~Zam

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Bah..sorry Alex. Ugh, so at least for that mentioned, will you be starting round 1.5 on Friday right away? And if so, do winners from 1.5 go to round 2 or..3? haha...it's just a little confusing.

Edit: lol I had no idea you were an anarchist but i don't follow religion (or..politics for that matter, but that has nothing to do with this..). I just based that statement off of how you kept the rules whenever someone else asked about a particular one.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Oh, I know. I still find it ironic though, XD. ^_^

All winners from Round 1.5 will be mixed back in with winners from Round 1. Then I'll make the pairings for Round 2, which should then be full of active members. :D

Note: Though there is the possibility of no-shows in Round 1.5, there will not be a Round 1.75, to let you know, XD. I doubt there will be that many, if any at all. Nonetheless, anyone who managed to avoid two battles in a row will not be eligible for the next Free Round, for obvious reasons.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Yay! That will work out fine then. I say make the time limit very short for round 1.5, as the people in it have been either waiting for their opponent to show up or, like me, because of a walkover have been waiting forever for round 2.

Maybe like, 1 week tops?..

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I'll make it two weeks, as it's an official round. But, for the reasons you've stated, I doubt it'll take that long.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Oh...that's true too. Hopefully at least! We wouldn't want anymore lagging. Hah, alright then continue with your battles first round folks. Hopefully someone else (just 1 more person!!) finishes by the due date.

Alakazam-will you have to send out mass PMs to all the waiting first rounders as well? I'm sure a lot of them are hanging on a thread waiting but might not notice you're creating a round 1.5.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Ah! Another thing I wanted to mention (lol sorry, I totally don't mean to be this much of a disturbance; watch me go and lose in round 1.5 after all of it =P).

So just give the 4 semi-finalists from last tourney a par into round 2 automatically; don't try to include them into round 1.5 and get mixed up with "hey i beat him, why does he get into round 2 anyway.."

You may have actually already mentioned this lol. *goes to scroll*

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I kind of mentioned it. That's how it'll probably be in the 3rd Tournament, whenever it starts up.

Anyways, I sent out a series of PM's to everyone whose results aren't in yet. You each got one of five different notices, two of which have "weekend" misspelled, XD. So, we have 5 days left for Round 1 results, and a few days after that for the preparation of Round 1.5. Anyone who doesn't respond either by PM or in this thread will be considered a no-show, and disqualified. Spread the word, and get ready for some battles that'll actually happen! :D

I should also mention that one member, aragornbird, is the only one who didn't get a PM. His PM Box is full at the moment, heh. Master_Beaver, his opponent, has gotten one though.

Last edited:

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    aragornbird's mailbox has been full for several days so I can't PM him but I have been here ready.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Oh that's good; I was hoping that match would at least finish. Good luck Beaver! ^_^

Not sure if I should have responded to the PM, but of course I'm watching! =P

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    hey alakazam, have you ever considered using a ladder league site to sort your tournaments? there are sites like myleague.com that allow you to have people join the league, join tournaments, and set deadlines to check in for tournaments. if they don't check in on time, then when the tournament starts, they are immediately removed and those who do are paired up. it even allows you to do pairings in a following round when one is in session. oh, and it's free XD

just a little something i thought you should know.

Years
    hey alakazam, have you ever considered using a ladder league site to sort your tournaments? there are sites like myleague.com that allow you to have people join the league, join tournaments, and set deadlines to check in for tournaments. if they don't check in on time, then when the tournament starts, they are immediately removed and those who do are paired up. it even allows you to do pairings in a following round when one is in session. oh, and it's free XD

just a little something i thought you should know.

Yeah I second using a format like this. I used to play in an online snooker game and tournaments were quickly and easily organised using myleague. I would seriously consider using it, as like Samson said it filters out people who don't check in on time before the closing time of the tournament.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I PMed my opponent about a week ago, and I still haven't gotten a reply... and I know they've been on since.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, I'm still here...waiting...with a serious sense of deja-vu, considering my Round 1 match in the last tournament was pretty much the same deal...

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
    Years
    I got paired up against someone 14 hours ahead of me, so for me its tomrrow for him. And he has school for like 9 hours, so he can't battle then. No worries, we'll have the battle in by Friday (hopefully).

Back