• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    XD

Anyone lucky enough to face two no-shows deserves a free pass to the second round. :D

Though I still hope none of you have to go through this again. >_>

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    XD

Anyone lucky enough to face two no-shows deserves a free pass to the second round. :D

Though I still hope none of you have to go through this again. >_>

@_@ Of course, now I'll probably end up going against aragornbird in the second round...AGAIN. :paranoid:

...Please don't do that to me :nervous: ...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    XD anything is possible. Just ask Master_Beaver =D

If it does happen, beat up the randomizer, not me. XD

Still looking forward to participating in the next one, though. My WiFi should be up in a few weeks. :D

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Alakazam17, Ryan23 and I agreed thursday for our battle.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Round 1.5 doesn't end until September 7th, so chill until then, even though we have tons of people who got no-shows now they're becoming the no-shows. Kind of ridiculous but that's how these play out when you have so many people's busy lives involved in a standard online tournament with no real gains, just for fun. =P

that's not really how a tournament works.

It depends on what type of tournament it is. For instance, if you have 8 friends playing ping-pong and you know one person sucks, you don't want to put him up against another friend who's incredible in round 1, you'd like to see them get warmed up and get a chance against someone else, not get pummeled.

In tennis, football, soccer..all professional, they have seeded teams/players. That way there's upsets not just "oh they beat them". Of course I have no problem with this method! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we even have official tourney threads. It just sucks for great battlers to have to fight each other in round 2; sure that gives someone else a shot at the title, but it takes away from someone who could/should be champ.

(Of course I'm not including myself in the top battlers, I'll be lucky to get to round 3!)

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    For you, maybe. Around here, anyone part of the French Catholic school board, as well as anyone attending college, have started two days ago. :o

Anyways, I was hoping to get results sooner that the 7th, but it may not work out that way. >_>

Round 1.5 doesn't end until September 7th, so chill until then, even though we have tons of people who got no-shows now they're becoming the no-shows. Kind of ridiculous but that's how these play out when you have so many people's busy lives involved in a standard online tournament with no real gains, just for fun. =P
    Unless you count Pokemon prizes. =P

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    My opponent and I have agreed to a battle on Thursday at 6 PM EST.

This will surely be monumental.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Ok so ive been Pming playa and he told me that he had a couple of hacked pokemon in his team so he gave me the win. =\

piplup 2020

Let it Rock!
    Years
    Well, RileySox STILL hasn't logged in...@_@

......I have officially formed an opinion of you. However, I cannot say what it is due to forum rules.

#>_<# WHAT?! PM ME ABOUT IT MISTER CRITIC! IM JUS CONSERNED! i couldnt join so i wanted 2 help.... this site has ALOT of meen pc mods.... everytime i do something i get cursed or yelled at...GIMME A BREAK! IM 12!!!*steam*

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    #>_<# WHAT?! PM ME ABOUT IT MISTER CRITIC! IM JUS CONSERNED! i couldnt join so i wanted 2 help.... this site has ALOT of meen pc mods.... everytime i do something i get cursed or yelled at...GIMME A BREAK! IM 12!!!*steam*

Haha..don't mind him, at least from what I've seen thats just his nature =P No offense, Ichaste.

And he only said something like that because you saying that is like either

a) saying school starts the 5th for you so it must be somewhere the same for everyone else (which is almost totally true)

or b) saying 'what?! a tournament during the school semester? I've never heard of such things!'

both of which I'm sure you weren't really implying. Either way, we're all going to have to sit tight and hope these rounds progress quicker.

piplup 2020

Let it Rock!
    Years
    ooooooooo.....srry. thought it was the same 4 everyone else.... jus consered...im ALWASY out of things cuz im 2 late so jus wanted 2 help... u know wats up with the pokecharms tranier card thing? as u can see mine dont show...

Back