• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pearl: Onix questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Alright i have a onix, I looked at its evolution it says that if you trade it with a metal coat it will turn into a steelix...

Do i get the steelix?
    Or does the person i gave the onix and metal coat when he gets it turns into a steelix?

Also anyone want to trade a luxio for a steelix? Or trade me a onix with metal coat if it will evolve into a steelix?

Also how do you trade? New to pokemon and i want to know how it works, Thanks.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    When you trade the Onix over and the person receives it, it will then evolve into a Steelix. After that, they need to trade it back to you.

You can trade a few ways. If there are people near you (within 30 feet of you) that you want to Trade with, you can use the wireless communications from the top floor of any Poké Center. If you trade over Wi-Fi (with people on the forum, for example) you need to exchange friend codes and use the wireless club in the basement of any Poké Center.
    You can also trade over the world through the GTS in Jubilife City, but that can be kind of limited and buggy.

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    You can actually catch them without trading on Iron Island, just saying.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    When you trade the Onix over and the person receives it, it will then evolve into a Steelix. After that, they need to trade it back to you.

You can trade a few ways. If there are people near you (within 30 feet of you) that you want to Trade with, you can use the wireless communications from the top floor of any Poké Center. If you trade over Wi-Fi (with people on the forum, for example) you need to exchange friend codes and use the wireless club in the basement of any Poké Center.
    You can also trade over the world through the GTS in Jubilife City, but that can be kind of limited and buggy.
    Can it evolve even without the metal coat?
    Also how do you find out your friend code? I know how to add...

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Can it evolve even without the metal coat?
    Also how do you find out your friend code? I know how to add...
    No, it needs the metal coat to evolve into Steelix.
    You can check your friend code the same way you add them; open the Pal Pad, and "(your name)'s Friend Code" should be listed as an option.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back