• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pearl

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    Start with Starly, Bidoof, and Kricketot. They make great HM slaves. XD

Starly will cover Fly and Defog.
    Bidoof will cover Cut and Rock Smash. Once it evolves into Bibarel, it can also learn Surf, Strength, Waterfall, and Rock Climb.
    Kricketot evolves at Lv. 10, and Kricketune can learn Flash.

Years
    Just so you know, Kricketot come only at morning and night.

Oh and later on, switch your Krickitune. For about 19 levels, it wont learn moves that are of much use until it learns X-Scissor (strong bug type move(70 or 90 power)) so I gave mine up for another pokemon. You don't have to switch it if you don't want to, because that was how it was for me.

By the way, who's your starter?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    piplup and right now i have a starly and a krictout (or however they are spelled) and i really want a shinx and a hippopitos

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    ok thx i already beat diamond but it was the first day it came out i dont really remember anything

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I just got pearl!!! what pokemon should i capture first ??
    Starly is great actually, I made the mistake in not catching it when I first started. If you get Starly, you don't have to worry about getting a Flying type in the middle of you're journey. You've already got a powerful Staravia by the time you get fly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    lol so all night last night i was training and now i have a lv 41 empolieon a lv 40 staraptor and a lv 36 luxray =} and now im working on a lv 40 gravler

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2008
    First
    You need to choose your Start Pokemon, choose Chimchar. Chimchar has lots of effect on Piplup and Turtwig when he gets Fire type skills. As for the other Pokemon in Twinleaf City, Sadgem Town, and Jubilife City, get a Starly and a Bidoof.
    When you get to Oreburgh City, make sure Starly, Chimchar, and Bidoof are well trained before you take on the Gym Leader.
    The Gym Leader is a Rock type. She has level 10 - 20 Pokemon, so be aware of that. Once you take on the Galatic Grunt in Floaroma Town, your allowed to go to Eterna City.
    At Eterna City, fight level 15 - 20 Pokemon.

Back