• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pekin's newest Fakemon sprites

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
  • Several months ago - it's probably more like a year, actually -I started working on sprites and hacking Fakemon into a Ruby ROM, and I slowly got better at spriting. Eventually, I decided to start all over, as some of the early sprites honestly looked like crap. Recently, I've resprited some of them.

These four were some of the very first, I came up with, and they's drawn with the palettes of Sentret, Furret, Hoothoot and Noctowl. Back then I thought making a 4-stage evolution line would be badass. Anyway, I'm gonna show both the old and the new sprites.

Spoiler:

Oh, and I have to show you this one as well, I'm just so damn proud of it. It's a Bug/Electric-type Fakemon, but it doesn't really have a name yet:

Feedback, eh?

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • I like your ideas. A 4-evo line is a great idea IMO.

Your fakes are good, but:
    -Spiny looks alright, just a little plain.
    -Spichop is funny, but same problem as Spiny. Maybe change the colour or put some patterns on?
    -Serpagon is completely out of line imo. It just doesn´t fit in there for me. Although it´s nice made.
    -Dracooch is a great idea, but I don´t like the sprite. The back looks flat, and the legs shape is a bit off.

But your Firefly or whatever is great. Imo it´s your best, idea and style.

Keep it up,
    Bombah!

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    To be honest, I think that Fakemon sprites are difficult to make but, you have done a great job at your first ones.
    Most of the idea's you have are great, they just need to be expanded on.
    Your Bug/Electric type Fakemon look's nice but it is very simmilar to Beedrill. Also, the round shapes don't really look that great.

Keep up the good work.

:)

Pekin

Years
  • Thanks a lot for the feedback, I think I'll try and make Spiny and Spichop look a bit more - well - interesting. And yea, I know, Serpagon looks nothing like Spichop or, well, like any of the others, really, but it's a very old design, I think it actually might be about a year and a half since I drew the designs in my notebook. I dunno, maybe it'd fit in a little more if I changed the palette? And as for the Dracooch sprite.. Well, yea, I'll try and get the shading right somehow.

Your Bug/Electric type Fakemon look's nice but it is very simmilar to Beedrill.

Ah, busted. Well, yes, I used Beedrill's palette. (:

gol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    The ideas are awesome, but I notice that most of your sprites are based on circles... which is okay, but very repetitive.

Pekin

Years
  • The ideas are awesome, but I notice that most of your sprites are based on circles... which is okay, but very repetitive.

Thanks (: - Yea, I know, it does get boring, doesn't it? Believe me, I'm trying hard to get the knack of drawing more, um, complex sprites, so I don't have to base everything on circles.

Back