• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Percy Jackson Movie!

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Okay, I am psyched about this movie! I watched the trailers and I was a little bit disappointed... I mean, Annabeth's hair is supposed to be blonde! Who here agrees with me? I thought it was funny how Percy (so hot!) used his iPod to look at Medusa. Some changes are good, but too many is just bad...

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah... And Percy and Annabeth don't look like they're 12 years old! It's crazy!

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I read the plot summary in a magazine and they RUINED EVERYTHING! Seriously, Persephone? Luke being Ares' son? Him giving Percy a shield? It's completely wrong. >_<

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Percy does eventually get a shield, but that won't happen until the second book. Ugh, why is Percy and Annabeth teenagers? They should be somewhere between the age of twelve and thirteen.

I hope that this won't be an epic disappointment.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • the book was so amazing i hope they wont ruin it to much. i havent seen many commercials for it but i hope its good.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • I read the plot summary in a magazine and they RUINED EVERYTHING! Seriously, Persephone? Luke being Ares' son? Him giving Percy a shield? It's completely wrong. >_<

WUT.

I hate it when good books are turned into possible horrible movies.

D:

Anyway, Imma going to see this tomorrow with a couple of friends. I hope it's not a complete waste of my time.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • it was actually quiet good, they changed the story a lot, cut a major character but still a really good movie. i really liked it.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • I read the plot summary in a magazine and they RUINED EVERYTHING! Seriously, Persephone? Luke being Ares' son? Him giving Percy a shield? It's completely wrong. >_<
    actually in the movie Luke is still Hermes son.
    Spoiler highlight to read:
    Are's doesnt even get mentioned.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I've never read the books, I'm afraid, but when I first heard about the film I wanted to so much! I'm totally addicted to Ancient Greek Mythology, and the idea's great!

I saw the film on the 14th, and it blew my mind. I was totally hooked right from the offset, even if I did find the ending a little predictable.

The one part I absolutely adored was with the Lotus Flowers. I mean, wow. That was so clever. I'm reading Book IX of the Odyssey as my set text in my Ancient Greek lessons, so when they were first offered the Lotus Flowers I was screaming "NOO! DON'T EAT IT!" inside my head! XD
    That was a truly wonderful use of the Lotus Flower legend, and boy, didn't those Lotus Flowers look delicious?

I thought the special effects were great, and I found the whole film extremely enjoyable. It's definitely high up on my list of favourite films. ^_^
    xX

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I saw it last Friday and I was disappointed, but it was good, I guesss. I want a lotus flower...

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • I have all the books, even the archives, and I really want to see it. The only thing is that I'm scared to be disappointed because the movies are never the same as the books. But I will always love Percy Jackson. He's the best :)

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • Okay. I saw the movie on opening night, and it's amazing. I just wish those petty whiners will stop moaning about Annabeth's hair - IT'S HAIR FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! Just get over it!

Amazing movie, anyway. I can't wait until The Red Pyramid comes out.

Years
  • Okay. I saw the movie on opening night, and it's amazing. I just wish those petty whiners will stop moaning about Annabeth's hair - IT'S HAIR FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! Just get over it!

Oh don't worry, I have much more to complain about than that. I'll just make it into a list for all PC's viewing pleasure.

1) They're all teenagers. No. NO. Not only does this completely deviate from the book for no plot-related reason, but it completely destroys the chances of any future sequals. Percy must make a dire choice on his 16th birthday in the book, and yet he already looks that age, if not older.

2) There's no Clarisse. Yet another sequal destroyer. In the second book she leads the quest for the Golden Fleece, but in this movie she is replaced in Capture the Flag by Annebeth.

3) Grover is a gangster. Once again; NO. In the books he is the nerdy nature guy of the trio, and in this movie he's the resident gangster. And really? A satyr and Persphone? It just... Moving on.

4) No Ares. Who needs a dastardly god to pull together an evil plot? Not these people. Because in this movie, Ares apparently can't find Luke aftere he steals the Master Bolt.

5) No Khronus. The third sequal destroyer thus far. Just... whut?

6) Percy can use the flying shoes. And here I thought Zeus was mad at him. Silly me. :/

7) The whole Pearl nonsense. Because they're apparently more rare than the books first expected. God that was ridiculous.

8) Hades doesn't have a Helm of Darkness. So... How is he powerful again? Zeus has lightning bolts and the sky, Poseidon has the sea and horses, and Hades has... Dead people. I'm missing something here, I just know it.

9) All the gods are at the throne room. It's a small detail, but I rather liked the Poseidon-Zeus combo at the end...

That's all I have time for, so I'll make this last part short for all the lazy people out there:

Having read the books beforehand, and generally wanting it to follow the plot; I hated it.

That said... I wouldn't mind a Lotus Flower.

>.>

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    It is amazing if you didn't read the book, because they edited the crap at of it and messed it up, removed Annabeth's cap, the guide, and the whole mission was changed so yeah...it had alot of funny added comedy though...but making Grover a black pimp wasn't right...they changed unlimited credit cards to drugged cupcakes...wtf

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • If you've read the book then you would consider that as the biggest load of crap ever, after Dragonball Evolution of course. On a different note what was with Percy's reaction when he wakes up at the camp, he thought his mother just died, WTF was with that reaction?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I never read the book, so personally I cannot comment on any of the relations between the two. However, from what has been said above, the movie appears to be like any typical movie version of a book, changes and misses. I saw the movie just last weekend, and on a personal note as a viewer, I enjoyed it more or less. The graphics was great, the plot turned out well, and I enjoyed the characters and who they portrayed.

I think the changes made was just to make the movie seem more modern. Having them as teens rather than younger kids makes the movie more open to older viewers rather than just a young audience. So, understanding this concept I see the reasons for some changes, though I'm sure others may have been unnecessary. More or less though, the movie was entertaining and I'm hoping to see a sequel in the next year or so.

While waiting on that however, I shall be digging myself up in the books.

Back