• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Perfect IV's?

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
Years
  • Have any of you guys ever had a pokemon with all 6 of its iv's at 31? Just curious. Seems...too rare to happen :/

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • Although it is possible, it's a 1/887,503,681 chance. I, personally, have not, but I have RNG'd quite a few with all 31 IV's.

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
  • Just learned about the rng, crazy technical stuff. Can't wait for hg/ss so i can use the "power" ev training held items (power bracer, power anklet, etc) to pass on specific iv's :)

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    I hatched an Eevee yesterday with all but one stat 31. and that one stat was 30.
    I'm working on IV breeding for perfect though.
    I've come so close like 6 times now.
    I have the eevee i just mentioned and 5 others.
    one with 30/31/30/31/30/31
    and 4 with 4 at 31 and the other 2 stats in the 20s. (25 and 28 i think)

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    lol no.
    Lots and lots of breeding.
    it started with an eevee and a ditto.
    (i still need a better ditto)
    I bred those two till one of the hatched eevee had at least 3 31 IVs and was of the opposite gender of the other one.
    Bred those two and eventually i got one with 4 31 IVs
    and continued to breed better eevees until i had my near perfect ones.

I always save before I take the egg from the daycare man, because the IVs arent decided until after. So if i dont get as good of IVs as I want, I soft reset and hatch it again.
    Id say at least 12+ hours of my gameplay time on there is from hatching eevees lol

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
  • LoL 12 hours of saved gameplay, but take into account your soft resets and all that unsaved time hatching eggs...haha

Personal question (lol): when did you first find out about and start experimenting with iv breeding?

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    lol yea.
    also all the unlogged time of finding the IVs by candying them up 50 levels and recording stats every 10 levels then soft resetting and doing it for the next one.
    I've bred and tested over three full boxes of Eevees to get the ones I wanted haha.
    They take forever to hatch, even with a slugma in the party @.@

But,
    I found out about IV breeding about 4 months ago
    & started IV breeding almost a month and a half ago.
    The sad thing is, I am only just now starting to see the fruits of my labors. lol

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
  • LoL wow that's insane. Hmm would you be so kind as to trade me one of your well-endowed eevee's? haha. I've been wanting to train a glaceon but i lost patience after trying to soft reset for one with great iv's, you know the one you receive as an in-game gift haha. Preferably a Quiet one if you have one, or if not then a Modest one will do :) That would be awesome mate :)

Last edited:

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    Quiet or Modest hmm?
    You may be in luck.
    I usually keep mostly only Timid. But I try to keep a couple of each other nature. I think I just hatched a Quiet one or two today. I'll check the IVs and get back to you. =]

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • No, never. But yesterday, I caught one of the greatest pokemon i've ever had. A Brave Scyther. I know Adamant is better, but with Quick Attack AND Bullet Punch (once it becomes a Scizor) makes up for the speed loss. It appearantly has a HP IV of 24/25 and a SpD IV of something around 25 too. Its attack IV is either 29, 30 (which I think it is, but I am going to have to level it up once, to level 50 to confirm that), and maaybe 31. I know that if I get +5 in Attack once I level up to level 50, it is max attack. FTW!
    Okay, nevermind, just levelled it up to level 50, got +4 in Attack. That means it has an Attack IV of 30. woo

So yeah, this Scyther is probably one of my better pokes. Going to evolve it into a Scizor very soon. =D

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I got two times a lot of luck.
    First, I got a Rhyhorn with IV 31/31/31/30/31/31 with adamant nature and Solid Rock
    Like a week later, I got a Larvitar with perfect IV (31/31/31/31/31/31) and adamant nature
    That was all legally with the old method of IV breed.
    I has take me some times to do them, but they are real tank in battle.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • With the old school breeding method, I have bred some quad flawless babies before, such as:

Riolu Jolly 31/31/31/31/12/31 Diamond
    Elekid Adamant 31/10/31/31/31/31 Emerald (darn attack)

With the RNG method, I have bred a handful of stellar IV'd Pokemon... So it is possible to get a pure flawless, now.

Google "dppt rng" if you do not know what it is. :C

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Three of the members of my party (Infernape, Swampert, and Lucario) have near-perfect IV's, with about five 31s and the other one being somewhere in the mid to high 20s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I hatched a Growlithe with perfect IVs about two months ago. It took 57 eggs to find it, but I got one. :3 Now it's an Arcanine at Level 46.

Back