• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] PGE giving error RecordNumber is not a valid value

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    So I expanded the moves using a hex editor, and changed all of the pointers and numbers and such in PGE's ini, but it's giving me this error:
    Spoiler:
    Can any of you help me? Here's my ini. View attachment roms.ini

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Start with a fresh ROM and use the attack adder again with no INI file. PGE should make an INI file by itself in the same location as your ROM. When it's done adding the attacks, open up the INI file and look for "StartSearchingForSpaceOffset" under the FireRed section (BPRE). It might say 800000, mine says 71A240. Open up a hex editor (Hex Workshop is a very intuitive one and it's free), and go to that offset to make sure it overwrote the code properly. Then, you should be able to edit your moves. Just had to go through with this myself.

Back