• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] PGE Pokemon Editor Error

Years
  • Hi all, I'm making a Fakemon Hack of Fire Red.

I just tried to edit Raticate in the Pokemon Editor and the it straight up crashed on me... I got an error
    report which I'll attach but I can't see what the problem is and I don't really understand the error report
    itself. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I have back ups of different versions of my hack but don't really want to roll back if it can be avoided.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• PGE Pokemon Editor Error
      Raticate Error.PNG
      27.9 KB · Views: 9
    • PGE Pokemon Editor Error
      Raticate Error Text.PNG
      37.2 KB · Views: 7
    Years
  • I've had a look and the last back up works fine with Raticate... I think it might have something to do with expanding the moveset of two pokemon (Originally Metapod and Rattata) One of them I repointed with finding free space, the second (the ratatta) I expanded the current pointer to have an extra moveslot, as the free space finder was just bringing up the one it had already found for metapod's (Which I expanded to 12 slots I think). I'd love to know what has gone wrong and why, I like hearing about how things work in the ROM etc. Hope this helps provide more info!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    It seems that when you expanded Rattata's moveset without repointing, you overwrote the start of Raticate's moveset with the end of Rattata's, which has broken it. Almost any time you want to make something bigger in the ROM, you need to repoint it to avoid overwriting existing data. If free space finder isn't working as expected, you can find free space yourself using a hex editor.

Back