• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PGS Christmas Contest - Bonanza Galore::

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008

Firstly, I would like to take this brilliant oppurtunity to wish everysingle person out there a merry and wonderful christmas and amazing holidays/festive season. Have Loads of Fun, Enjoy yourself to the Fullest and don't forget to give PGS and RC a drop-in when you are free. This is the season to enjoy and get the gifts you've always wanted *Ahem!! A 360 would be nice*:P

I do not know if you remember this but PGS was started on December 31st 2004/January 1 2005 (Yeah, Somewhere between that time and our first anniversary is just round the corner. To Celebrate this amazing festive season and to Commemorate our first anniversary, I proudly announce the Launching of PGS's "PGS Christmas Contest - Bonanza Galore". This is a contest designed keeping in minds every one out there, your needs and capabilities. Anyone can participate in this contest, that's right just about anyone and the rewards will freak you out. The Rules/Guidelines of this contest are dead simple, drop-dead simple. All you gotta do is a design an image (NOT BANNER or BUTTON) promoting Mozilla Firefox in the Best Possible Way! The Image can have anything absolutely! Creativity is the chief factor here and use your gray cells to the fullest to design that graphical image showing Firefox in a Cheery, Happy and Strong Mood.

For Example, The Image could be Firefox's Icon in Christmas theme or The Firefox Logo around 250 px in size is centered and fire is flaming all around it. Like the Solar System, 5 or 6 Logos of other browsers like IE, Avant, Opera, etc should be around it and it should be like the flame on the Firefox is striking the other browsers and they are all melting.. It's your creativity that matters the most and not the beauty of the image. Max Image Size = 500 X300 px. The Image can be anything, showing Firefox in a good light and you should have made it yourself.

Finally, you should also design 2 Buttons for PGS in a Christmas Theme (Max size: 100x40px). Again it's the creativity that counts, so don't make a plain 88x31 button, try using your intuition to the fullest to rock PGS. The Words "PGS" or "Pokemon Gaming Sphere", it should contain! All 3 Images can be any color scheme, should not too-graphics intensive and oh! Flash Images are a NO-No!
    So, what the heck are you waiting for, get shooting, get rocking, get your Photoshop or Coreldraw or Paint out and start designing and mail it to me NOW! But wait, haven't I forgot something, ofcourse I have.

Prizes::
    The Judges in the Competition will be myself and 2 other Webmasters, (whom I will not reveal now). Maximum points will be given to the creativeness of the image and the effort you have taken to design it and the attractiveness of the image too will fetch you bonus points.

We've got Rocker Prizes lined up for the overall best entry (all 3 images). The First entry will receive either
    • Full Expense Paid, Quality-Ad Free Hosting Free! 150 MB Webspace, Unmetered Bandwidth, also including MySQL Databases, Email Addresses, Sub-Domains, etc.
      OR
    • Free .com/.net/.org/.info Domain for 1 Full Year. The Domain of your choice with full Control like Panel, etc.

So get Rocking & Designing and to Send the Entries to me, Mail me @ [email protected] with the subject "PGS Christmas Contest - Entry". You can either attach the 3 images (preferably in a zip file) or upload them in the net (Mihopa Imagehost or Photobucket, etc) and link to the URL. The Best Images will be displayed here for 1 Month along with your name and website/email address and the buttons will be used for PGS with a line of credit too. You can also PM me in the forums I go.

Deadline:: January 10th
    Terms::
    1) 1 Entry per user
    2) Entry Should contain all 3 Images
    3) No Ripping of Work done by others, we will verify that it yours.
    4) Judges Decision Final

Have Fun & Start Graphicing Today!

~ Chrono Cr@cker

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    If you've read fully, you'll know anyone can participate. But I think PC rules are a bit strict and I'mnot sure If I'm allowed to post in Graphics!! Robo, would be great if you could check it up and move it there for me.

One More thing, It would be great, if other webmasters here could post this in their sites!!

~ CC

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I don't get the point of this contest...but I might enter...now that I have a decent GFX prog I might have a chance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Errr...I forgot to include the most important line, it's PGS's first anniversary on the 31st and 1st, so that's the main reason for this contest! And Greg, What do you mean by who's supporting this??

~ CC

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    I've requested this to be moved to the Graphics Forum as it will get much better exposure and participation there. Morover, the competition is open to just everyone and not just webmasters!

~ CC

Sawyer

���
    Years
    Okay, I'll be entering, despite my lack of need for any of these prizes... I don't really need any of the prizes if I win, it'll just be fun doing this.

EDIT: Okay, just finished... that was fairly simple ^^

Main Image

Button 1

Button 2

Button 3

Hope you don't mind the fact that they're not Christmasy... I figured that because Christmas was over and you posted this before Christmas.. I'd just do normal ones. If you need any other images, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Nice Stuff Man, though I'd not prefer public! Anyway, More Participation invited thanks to arcanine who moved it here!

BTW, Sawyer, your buttons are too monotonous and I asked only for 2.

~ CC

Sawyer

���
    Years
    I know you only asked for 2... I made 3 for you. oO colors are extremely gaudy... meh, I don't care. These are graphics-style, so I based it off of what is popular overall. =/

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Myuureon, Feel Free to Email Me the a New Post with the Same Subject! Be Sure to include all 3 images, cause I might be having probs otherwise.

Munna, they are fabolous. Again, both your buttons are too similar, my say is try making them different.

Keep it up and keep em pouring!

~ CC

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    D-C said:
    I emailed you mine ;) I think I did pretty good on the firefox image and the buttons.

Yes, thank you I recieved your entry. Nice one!

Six Days Left and Get your Entries Rolling in!

~ CC

Back