• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Phione, Legendary? or just a rare

Is Phione a legendary?

• Yes, I don't care what you say

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • It's parent was a legendary, thus it is also a legendary

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Which one get's me a cookie?

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    Personally, I don't think it's a legendary, because it's base stat total is 480, where most legendaries are 600 or more. The TRUE definition of a legendary is: A pokemon whose base stat total is equal to or above 600, and are one of a kind. Definition of uber: Pokemon whose base stat total is equal to or above 600(examples: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Slaking). So by definition, Phione is not a legendary, or in fact an uber, it's just rare. It dosen't even learn some of the move Manaphy does, even though their movelists are pretty much the same thing. Honestly, I think people are being hypocritic about selecting pokemon that are legendaries, or ubers. Also, I am aware the Phione is banned from the battle tower, which I think is dumb. I think of Phione as a dumbed down Manaphy.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    I think theres allready a thread like this to discuss and I think its legendary.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    No, it's not a legendary. Not only does it have lack of stats, but you can have as many as you want through breeding.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    No, Phione is not Legendary, simply because you can have more than one in the same game at the same time without doing anything but breeding.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    well, I picked "which one gives me cookies" because that shouldn't be an option up there.

but either way, if your saying that it's bad and has a bad moveset, why do you care if its called a legendary or if its banned from the battletower anyway -_-

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Phione is rare? Say that to the 7 eggs of Phione in my PC.

I wouldn't use one, it's weak, but it is still a legendary. Legendaries are crutches to me, and I will never think different. ^_^

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Phione is the off-spring of Manaphy, isn't it? Depends on what you think.

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    If you're parent is famous, does that make you famous? Usually. Ex: The Crocodile Hunter's Daughter. I think it's a legendary, even if it sucks.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    I think its a ledgendary because:

1. For alot of Ledgendaries you need to do something out of the game to get it i.e: Events or get a "Spin off game"
    2. It came from a ledgendary and i think it has a movie with Manaphy
    3. It's around the final bit of the pokedex (where the ledgendaries are)

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    legendaries shouldnt be able to breed, with the acception of manaphy because its chillens arent manaphys, phione is definately not a legendary

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I think its a ledgendary because:

1. For alot of Ledgendaries you need to do something out of the game to get it i.e: Events or get a "Spin off game"
    2. It came from a ledgendary and i think it has a movie with Manaphy
    3. It's around the final bit of the pokedex (where the ledgendaries are)

Ok, none of these reasons validate this being a legendary at all.
    1. You don't have to do an "event" to get this, you have to breed. If this is a legendary, then so is every random Pokemon that pops out of an egg
    2. Again, if this is the case, then every Pokemon that has ever been in a movie could be a legend. As a matter of fact, Pikachu must be super-uber legend now, because it's been in every movie!
    3. There are loads of Pokemon near the end of the Pokedex, it doesn't make them legendary. If this is the case, then Dragonite is a legend, Tyranitar is a legend, Metagross is a legend, etc. etc.

So yeah, it's not a legend

magpie

Rocket Vigilante
    Years
    I'm of the opinion that it is not. It's not the strongest, doesn't really have too much going for it. It's hella cute, of course, in its own way. However, it can easily be bred and has your everyday kind of abilities and statistics.

He's a regular. A good one but a regular, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2007
    Personally, I don't classify it as a legendary. It's much to easy to obtain and it can easily be bred; legendaries should be one-of-a-kind (ie. one per game).

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    Phione is rare? Say that to the 7 eggs of Phione in my PC.

I wouldn't use one, it's weak, but it is still a legendary. Legendaries are crutches to me, and I will never think different. ^_^
    If it's so easy to get so many, why do you call it a legendary?

Back