• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phobias in General

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    I have hydrophobia, fear of water. Not things like puddles or showers (because someone always has to make some 'witty' remark about me avoiding baths when I say this), but deep water. If I can't see the bottom of the pool/lake/whatever I'm going to swim in, I'm not going in there. I get horribly nervous if it's deep enough to go higher than my shoulders. Things related to water count, too. I'm really scared of boats and bridges. You can force me to go, but I'll usually end up in hysterics. :/

My mom likes to tease me about this, because I used to be on the swim team. So I know how to swim, and fairly well.

On the other hand, my mom has Ophidiophobia-a phobia of snakes. Hers is quite bad, she gets sick when she sees so much as a picture in a book, or something.

I think snakes are pretty cute, though!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Moderate Aeroacrophobia
    Mild Agoraphobia
    Mild Hydrophobia — namely in my case a fear of being underwater, unless I'm in a submarine or something.

I'm also photophobic, the term doesn't refer to a fear though, just a physical discomfort (pain in eyes, headaches etc) experienced when exposed to bright light. You'll never find the main light on in my room.

Last edited:

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I've got Cynophobia. I'm heart scared of dogs... when I was five, one jumped on me and knocked me over. It actualy stood over me while I was on the ground and I've been scared since. Though I'm completely fine around dogs on leads. If I see one not on a lead, I hide behind my friends. Even when I go into a house with a dog, I have to make sure if the person who owns the house has a dog... if they do I have to get my dad to ask them to put the dog outside. ;;

Years
    I have Hemophobia, the fear of blood. The sight of it makes me ill, sometimes when I see it I come close to fainting... Also, I have a small phobia of spiders. I just don't like them.

Chiku Hamasaki

-う ち は オ ビ ト-
    Years
    Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
    Climacophobia- Fear of stairs, climbing, or of falling downstairs.
    Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns.

&The big one.

Gamophobia - fear of marriage.

Eh, im so weird! Dx

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    oh? i guess i'm an arachnophobic also then D:

Yep, spiders belong to a group called Arachnids (hence the phobia name). They share this group with scorpions, ticks, mites, that sort of thing. Arachnids have 8 legs, whereas insects have 6.

Just a little info. xD And while we're on the subject, I have a huge fear of scorpions. Ugghhh.

Akari

Man
    Years
    Aeroacrophobia - Mentioned before.
    Algophobia - Fear of pain. I fear injuries in general, but especially to the eyes.
    Atychiphobia- Fear of failure. (Probably the biggest and most relevant one right now for me)
    Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.
    Contreltophobia- Fear of sexual abuse.
    Cyberphobia- Fear of computers or working on a computer. I'm in agony every second I'm typing this.

Years
    I have:
    Panophobia- Fear of everything. (This is the phobia I use to classify my EXTREME paranoia. I get scared of everything, even the noise of my own breathing sometimes..)
    Kymophobia- Fear of waves. (especially giant ones.. I always have nightmares that a big one comes and drowns my family and I.. D: even though I live no where near the ocean.)
    Antlophobia- Fear of floods.
    Autophobia- Fear of being alone.

There's many more that I can't think of at the moment.. :<

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    I have a fear of death. Not of myself, but of the people close to me. I always think of what would happen if I came home and my parents or girlfriend were just gone. I don't think I could bounce back from that.

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
    Spiders and dentists.

Seriously, I hate spiders so much. Though now, as long as they are in sight and not hanging around or whatever... I can smack them with my shoe. Other than that, i freak out and have to sleep on the couch until it's found dead or alive. D:

As for dentists, I've been afraid of them since I was like... three. When i was three, they couldn't me to open my mouth. So I ended up having a pediatric dentist until I was fourteen... and I STILL have one... >_>

So yeah.

Oh... I also hate people throwing up. x_x I just... do. Not really sure why because it doesn't like... exactly gross me out... I just... hate it. >_> That's also why I hate hospitals because you always have at least one person who has to throw up and dsgdfghfgh YEAH.

I used to have some really stupid fears but I don't anymore.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    Yep, spiders belong to a group called Arachnids (hence the phobia name). They share this group with scorpions, ticks, mites, that sort of thing. Arachnids have 8 legs, whereas insects have 6.

Just a little info. xD And while we're on the subject, I have a huge fear of scorpions. Ugghhh.

ohh. right, the legs... lol.
    i thought arachnids were only spiders? i guess not O_O
    in this case, i'm an extreme arachnophobic

I have:
    Panophobia- Fear of everything. (This is the phobia I use to classify my EXTREME paranoia. I get scared of everything, even the noise of my own breathing sometimes..)

i hadn't thought of this, i'm the same!

Kymophobia- Fear of waves. (especially giant ones.. I always have nightmares that a big one comes and drowns my family and I.. D: even though I live no where near the ocean.)
    Antlophobia- Fear of floods.

LOL xD

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    I got lots of phobias, not normal phobias except for aranchnophobia, but still:

-Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia: Fear of certain number(I just avoid that number that contains three times the same digit... you know which; even when I get 66 exp points or 66 coins I'm already shaking)

-Thanatophobia: Fear of death (I quote Nincada's post)

-Autophobia: Fear of being alone (Now, here's an exception. I really like to be alone in my house, I can do whatever I want, turn my stereo to 18, because there's noise around (neighbors and the like) on the day. My real phobia is beign alone, in a silent, closed room or a really, really huge area[Ocean, big, big park] where you cannot see the end)

-Atychiphobia - Fear of failure (I try to make things perfect everytime, hence my way of posting and things like that; maybe the ridiculized one too but on a smaller scale)

-Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns (Some, not every clown I see on the streets. I read a book about clowns when I was five, so...)

-Arachnophobia - Fear of arachnids (Classic, bread and butter, arachnophobia)

-Teratophobia- Fear of bearing a deformed child or fear of monsters or deformed people. (Self-explanitory, also deformed fakemon[sprites])

Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens.

That's all, I think. Thanks a lot OP, I learned a lot of phobias names in that page.

PD. I actually love chickens :D They're pretty cute.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
    Cremnophobia- Fear of precipices. (Interconnected with the aeroacrophobia.)
    Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps.
    Topophobia- Fear of certain places or situations, such as stage fright.

I never want to be alone on a stage, or be the sole focus of attention in a lot of situations. I'd probably freeze if I was placed with any of the things above, actually.
    The list doesn't seem to have a name for a fear of tidal waves. ;<

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Maybe you have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (fear of long words)?

Boy, talk about irony. xDD Now for my "fears":

Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself. (Just in the dark, when you can't SEE anybody or anything, and abandoned places where you're the ONLY one there O_o)

Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting. (Heh. Everyday life for me. xP)

Chiraptophobia- Fear of being touched. (I'm not afraid, just annoyed by being touched randomly, but my friends would say otherwise...)

Aaand...I think that's it. *is too tired to bother reading the whole list*

Back