• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 6, 2019
hi this game looks great
how many gyms in this version ?

The creators have said there are no badges or focus to a Pokemon League in the game, which I assume means there are no gyms.
The story challenges are the benchmarks you have to meet instead:
the game gonna use the old formula? 8 gym's and elite 4?
We don't use badges as the game has a new formula in how it tells a story. The game is intended to be story driven, and not Pokémon League driven.
I think the Pokemon League would also make sense as "post-game content" if they ever cared to include one, so that you can see each Gym Leader at full strength with big teams of high level mons and decent strategies.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
Really impressed with what you did. My favourite fangame thus far.

Triple bonus points for making my favourite Pokemon, Arcanine, easily available by making Growlithe a starter.

The choices in terms of Pokemon distribution are also really cool. Finished the demo but I feel I have so much power on the team, it's almost unreal for the part of the game.

That said, will there also be some sort of page or something akin to the artbook with like abilities and learnsets of all the Pokemon? Would be nice for the ones that evolve through Stones. (And I also really want to know Relic Roserade's other ability. I know one of its abilities is Stamina, but dunno about the other.)

Also found a small bug. When I dropped my Riolu off in the PC, I took off the Soothe Bell it held while in the PC. When I took it back out and wanted to give it back, the Soothe Bell was nowhere to be found and since I can only buy one in the gateshop, it's now gone. Don't know if it was already brought to your attention, but figured it wouldn't hurt.

Keep up the work, guys. You're doing great.

The Blue Froakster

A Blue Water-type
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Sep 9, 2021
Hi guys!
First of all, really enjoying the demo! The graphics/music are beautiful, but I would like to give some feedback.
Other users have mentioned lag and yes, it is very present in this game. At first I thought it was just because I was running on a bad laptop but, others have also expressed their issues with lag so I thought I would do so as well.
I also find the dialogue with the rival(s?) kind of....... off? Things seem to go fast - maybe I wasn't reading it properly but I felt like you didn't even introduce yourself to Lin and yet she knew your name. People just seemed kinda mean for no reason once you left Nocturne Town.
But I would also like to report a bug that pretty much broke the demo? I can still run the demo after encountering the bug but I had to close out completely in order to go back to a previous save. Basically, I went to go catch a Riolu (specifically, after completing the factory with Lin) and I threw a pokeball immediately as my starter was over-leveled. It worked fine, but it broke out, no problems. But then I threw another one and the game told me it caught, but then nothing happened. Confused, I ended up throwing another pokeball, as that was the only option presented to me that worked?
I'm going to have to describe the screenshots I took since I'm not really active here. At all.
So the first screenshot is the blacked out pokeball floating next to my pokemon, all menus work. but the Riolu sprite is shadowed out, as if the pokemon was in the air? I threw some more pokeballs and the Riolu was still able to attack - yet the game told me it had been caught.
I decided that this wasn't worth it, so I decided to attack and end the battle - but then I got stuck. My Growlithe used Flame Wheel and then I got stuck in an endless loop. The text would roll saying that the attack was used and the animation would play, but no attack would happen - since the Riolu did not have a health bar since it was caught. The second screenshot was just a screenshot of this. I would like to add that the background would fade out when each attack happened? So it was a black screen with my starter, the text box and the pokeball with the pokeball option. The latter option no longer worked. I left the game running for a few minutes, hoping it would fix itself, but to no avail. I had to close out the game.
Sorry for the long wall of text! Despite all this I was thoroughly enjoying the demo, but I figured it was worth it to mention in case someone else encountered the same thing. Thanks! Hope you get it fixed.

Huh.. i had no problems with catching riolu...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 3, 2019
Hey :) I've downloaded the game and it is very good so far. But it would be great if you add two things:
-key bindings change option
-speed changer (pokemon games are sloooow without it)

Kharnix

Praise the sun!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm enjoying the game so far, and I can already see that it will be a masterpiece when it's completed. However, I did notice that my Lucario was not able to learn aura sphere upon evolving. I haven't used one in quite some time, so my memory might be playing tricks on me, but if it was supposed to learn it upon evolving... Well, that's one bug I hope gets fixed.

Because now I won't be able to get it until I find the move relearner, and I'm most likely not able to even use him since you need heart scales for that guy, not to mention that he might be in areas not available as of yet.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 7, 2023
Hey there! My only complaint so far is that its near impossible to catch pokemon? i have to throw at least 12 pokeballs to catch each mon at a sliver....

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I am enjoying the game but my exp share that skiddo was holding disappeared. It is not held by any pokemon in my team nor in the bag. I hope this bug is fixed asap. Keep up the great work on the game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I've begun making music this summer and would like to show you a song that I made.
I know that I'm not a professional, but feel free to use my music in any way, If it peeks your interest, of course. I'm sorry if I've wasted your time.

Yours Truly: Judah

Link: https://soundcloud.com/self-aware-analytic/june

P. S. I used FL Studio 20.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
Just finished the first episode (or so I believe) and all I know is that I can go no further. I really hope episode 2 will be released in the next few months because aside from the lagging and battle scenes not exactly being what I thought, I absolutely LOVE the story line. A friend referred me to the game at the beginning of the month and I'm a big fan.

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing!

I'd also like to know how you plan to incorporate Scizor in this game without trading capability. It is one of my favorite Pokemon and I was able to catch the bridge smasher on the first ball.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 25, 2020
You guys should send a clip of this in for the fangame/romhack E3 hosted by Kaze Emanuar!

NeonNoob04

Noob
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Whenever I open the game, a popup appears saying "Failed to load script.".
Can anyone tell me how can I fix this?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 6, 2019
Whenever I open the game, a popup appears saying "Failed to load script.".
Can anyone tell me how can I fix this?
Pretty sute there is a file named 'troubleshooting' or something similar somewhere in the game's folder that will be of help. Also, most possible issues have been mentioned/discussed/resolved in their reddit page ( you can find a link at the bottom of the first post of the thread ), you should take a look. I've seen what you're describing mentioned there before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 30, 2018
Pretty sute there is a file named 'troubleshooting' or something similar somewhere in the game's folder that will be of help. Also, most possible issues have been mentioned/discussed/resolved in their reddit page ( you can find a link at the bottom of the first post of the thread ), you should take a look. I've seen what you're describing mentioned there before.

Hi, I have the same script error as this person. I went through the troubleshooting folder, but the provided solutions do not seem to help me (and many other people who have this particular issue).
The script error the post in their troubleshooting folder is not the exact same error we see when trying to start the game. Just to be safe I checked the solutions for it anyway, but it doesn't work. My Phoenix Rising isn't in a folder with any accent characters, and all my files are extracted properly (the same way I did the 1.2 version of the game). And those are the only solutions they have for this problem, which sadly doesn't solve the issue for me. Q_Q

So I, too, am hoping someone will have some tips to help get rid of the issue for me. ^^

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
Been a loooong time since I posted on this forum but I felt like it after playing this.

There is some lag as you already know, in order to help you out, I'll list my specs.

Windows 8.1 64 bit
8 GB RAM @ 1600 mhz
NVIDIA 970M with 3GB VRAM
i7 4720HQ @ 3.6 Ghz

I've tried limiting the game to a single core, I've tried going in the NVIDIA control panel and lowering the texture filtering to performance/high performance.

Sometimes it seems to help and other times the lag is persist regardless.

Enough about that though!

Out of the many fan games I've played this little demo has proven that this might be as good or better than Pokemon Insurgence in some ways.

I'm an VERY intrigued in the breeding/Adventuring skill trees and the Relic Pokemon look just as well designed as Insurgence's Delta Pokemon.

I'm hoping that the breeding skill tree allows you to significantly cut down the time and effort to make competitive Pokemon by allowing easier move inheritance, easier perfect IV's, and perhaps more effective EV training.

I don't know what you guys were planning for it but that would be amazing if it was somewhere on the skill tree.

I can't tell you how excited I am to begin building one of those skill trees.

I'm also very intrigued about the different game play each guild will have.

I'm rooting for you, please take your time and deliver something that exceeds our expectations and proves your potential as developers twice over.

Ahahah... No pressure though, seriously. I know you'll continue to do your best.

I'll be awaiting the next episode eagerly and hopefully.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
The game is amazing although i hope you can add customizable controlls such as the default cancel button being x amd action buttons being enter, spave, and c. I would like to be able to customize the layput of these controls.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Hi peeps!

Glad you're enjoying the game. Just wanted to let you know that a lot of team members are on a break at the moment, so we might not answer as much or quickly as we'd like. We do read it all and we're aware of the me mentioned bugs.

The choice of starters and the design of their megas happened so long ago that I frankly am not sure why it is as it is. I suspect that Gav simply wanted to use a Growlithe as a starter, and the other two were picked to fit the evolution method. It's certainly a unique trio, which is cool.

The screen size used to be adjustable, but there were bugs associated with it, so we've removed the function for now.

The pace was high around the initial release time and the several months leading up to it, so we hope you're okay with us now taking it a bit slower. We all have work and school, after all.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
Just make sure you finish it by the time I'm 30 so I can escape from the fact that I'm getting old by then! ^_^

Jk lol. Yeah, yeah. Take your time. We'll be waitin'. More important that you keep up this level of quality than anything else.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
just a quick question does friendship work like Gen 6, Gen 7 or heartgold/soulsilver also what times are day and night? sorry for the bother

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 30, 2018
Hi, ,I still seem to experience a 'failed to load script' error, and the troubleshooter sadly doesnt help fix the issue (the screen provided is not the exact error I get, and none of the tips provided in the troubleshooter are 'fixable' for me because I already extracted correctly and my folder doesn't have accent characters)
Anyone have a tip? Really appreciate it :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
So not really important but anyone else's starter from 1970 or is that just me?
also just got past the factory it was clever of you guys to reunite the sisters like that hat's off to you game dev's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back