• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop Constantly Crashing

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I recently installed Adobe Photoshop along with along with some other programs from the master collection DVD. Photoshop seems to be the only one crashing. I've had this problem before a long while back, and all I did was disable OpenGL and it started working again. I've had to reformat the PC since that last time and I reinstalled it. Now even disablign OpenGL doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm not sure what to do :(.
    Here's some info that I hope helps. Looks like it's related to the graphics card or something. I've updated the drivers and that still didn't help lol. :'(. I'm using CS4 btw.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Photoshop.exe
    Application Version: 11.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 48d3882e
    Fault Module Name: nvoglv32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 8.17.12.7533
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd73697
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000aed8b
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 4fef
    Additional Information 2: 158a4c9f89cf5a8ed2b22f49dde1e5a1
    Additional Information 3: 7616
    Additional Information 4: 968562c6dd30fa6f253226e38c1c2ac7

Years
  • What GPU are you using? I want to rule out the hardware.

Also, rather than updating the drivers. Do full clean uninstall of them, reboot and install ones that are a few months old (all bugs should be known, then).

Do this via Control Panel/Programs and Features. Then remove the Nvidia entries there.

You ARE using Vista x64 with a Nvidia card, right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I'm using NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I'm using Vista x86. I uninstalled the Nvidia entries and restarted the PC. when I logged in, it started searching for the drivers and installed them and now everything works fine :D. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm using NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I'm using Vista x86. I uninstalled the Nvidia entries and restarted the PC. when I logged in, it started searching for the drivers and installed them and now everything works fine :D. Thanks!

No problem. That said, you're now using the Microsoft drivers, and you'll get better performance with the Nvidia drivers. Make a restore point and try another set of official drivers.

It's just if you're using it for OpenGL acceleration, drivers are going to be pretty crucial to the performance.

Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    So it's best if I go ahead and update the drivers from Nvidia's site?

Sara Yamamoto

Adult Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    I would go ahead and update your drivers. But first, you should make a restore point.

Back