• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PHP Programmer Needed

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2013
    Hello. I am looking for (as the title says) a skilled PHP Programmer. Now that it is summer, I want to have a website made with help from a PHP Programmer for my Pokémon Website. If you would like to help, please PM me. I want to start working on this website with the PHP programmer asap. Thanks.

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    Help you by doing what?

And good luck finding one that will work for free. Hint: You won't.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Yeah. If you need something simple, I could do it. Or Faltzer. Or Paul.

But if it's complex, you'll need to hire someone. Yeah, hire - as in pay. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2013
    Sorry, I forgot to state that yes there is a pay for it but that is arranged by talking to me first.

Faltzer-
    I want to make a website for my Pokemon Forum and I need to work on the PokeDex, Analysis, some other features. I can help with work like PokeDex and stuff that doesn't require programming.

aRedMoon, if you could do it, then it would be awesome. You too Faltzer. Who's Paul? Are you guys interested?

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • How about someone makes you the script and you add all the information yourself? I don't think anyone would wanna add all the info themselves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2013
    I want to make a website for my Pokemon Forum and I need to work on the PokeDex, Analysis, some other features. I can help with work like PokeDex and stuff that doesn't require programming.
    I need a website designed with features and stuff so I can add pages, news, and guides etc to it. The PokéDex, well yeah like I said in this quote above I will help with everything I can.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Sorry, I forgot to state that yes there is a pay for it but that is arranged by talking to me first.

Faltzer-

aRedMoon, if you could do it, then it would be awesome. You too Faltzer. Who's Paul? Are you guys interested?

You are wasting your time writing the same streams of data that have been running about since at least 1998, and have seen better use in better places. We have a ton of Pokedex sites out there that harvest the same out of date information as every other, with the only difference being the GUI (and it's not like they even go toward the effort of making it something more than a stupid table plainly listing crap they grabbed from the database.)

Help Pokedex's that people care about to expand further and do a service, not disservice to information. The same can apply for everything else, yes, but the point is much stronger on these sites than the information sites, as the structure varies. For Pokedex's it is a matter of collected data, plastered into a database.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2013
    I don't want to help sites like that. I'm working on my website so I really can't do that. I want my site to be one of those sites.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I don't want to help sites like that. I'm working on my website so I really can't do that. I want my site to be one of those sites.

What do you even have to gain from having your own and being 99% liable for doing it wrong? If anyone has mastered the formula for building a good Pokedex, it's him.

AaronOnPokemon

"So the story continues!"
    Years
  • Sorry, I forgot to state that yes there is a pay for it but that is arranged by talking to me first.

Faltzer-

I have made my own Pokédex and Pokémon site. And to be honest it is better for you to learn. It is more fun and all PHP programmers are very expensive. Trust me.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • That instead of wasting resources on building another, help the veekun project.

Back