• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

phpBB 2.0.x vs phpBB 2.2.x

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I'm gonna give phpBB 2.2 the IPB-wannabe award. xP Erm, anyways, it looks good! ^_^

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Well, that's not going to be the final design of phpBB 2.2. I read on their site that they're going to change it which is good sine I don't like the 2.2 one. So I say the original one looks better.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    No bashing phpBB. It's a good forum software. ;_;

And it's the basic design of 2.2, they won't change all that much.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    o_O I must admit, I fully agree with you there, JK. The design is overall much easier on the eyes and looks really nice, but that header.... XD;

I'm not really one for phpBB anyway, though. @_@ I've always found the basic forums design rather weird and if you want better features, you have to hack it and such. =\ I've just always been an IPB person, I suppose~

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    That may be Thunder Dome material though XDDD j/k.

Who shall rule... IPB, PHPbb, vB, Mybb, PHP Post, UBB, Yabb... dun dun duuuuunnnnnn~!

Editing Typo-ness ~

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    You wanna make the topic or should I PSB? XD

And Erica, hacking really isn't all that hard. It's simple copy/paste unless you want to go out and design your own hack.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'm an IPB person, but I'm thinking about going to myBB after it goes Gold. I DESPISE phpBB in any way, shape, or form. The only thing it's got going for it is that it's pretty. :P
    Of course, vB>>>>>>all, but some of us can't afford $160 or don't have an active-enough forum to justify spending that much. -_-

kyo

Dragon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    or you just don't know how to use it.

Morkula

Years
    Getting back on topic here, 2.2 looks like it will have a lot of features that 2.0 lacks, but still I think that there will be a lot of features lacking in phpBB.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2004
    like i am so new here so like what sup you what do i call yall pokemon webmasters i am like glad to be here.

Morkula

Years
    ^That was nothing but spam... -_-

And I didn't notice anything strange about the header O.o

Back