• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pick Up And Play Challenge

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    Eeep. This sounds like fun. And I've just discovered I have what was formerly my step brother's then formerly my sister's Gold Version. So I can use that too.~

Went onto the List Randomiser and received this:

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
    1. Silver
    2. Pearl
    3. Gold
    4. Yellow
    5. SoulSilver
    6. LeafGreen
    7. Sapphire

So that's Silver first. I'll update with my progress later. (:

---​

My team:

Chikorita, M, Level 5, Berry.

-Tackle
    -Growl

So I started Silver and discovered my character named as ADRIAN, with only a level 5 Chikorita (unnamed) and halfway to Cherrygrove city.. Highly unlike me, which leads me to think someone's been using my Silver. Although I don't know any Adrians. o_o

Anyhow, here's what happened:
    - Completed the errand for Elm, named my rival Regan (We're reading "The Big Sleep" for English and there's a character called Rusty Regan. People with Red hair are sometimes called Rusty. See my logic?).

- Caught a Pidgey on my way to Violet city, named her Pidge (it's not uncreative, it's actually a nickname of someone I know). Battled all the trainers to train her and Chikorita.

- Went to Violet, defeated Sprout Tower pretty easily.

- Defeated Falkner's Gym, using mainly Pidge because of the type weakness for Chikorita.

- Made my way to Azalea, equipping Chikorita with a Miracle seed on the way, and Chikorita also managed to evolve en route.~

- Defeated the Rockets at Slowpoke's Well and saved after receiving the Lure Ball from Kurt.

I was enjoying the playthrough, but I didn't get as much done as I would've liked. D: Ah well, Pearl today (although, there won't be much to do).

My Team (End):

Bayleef, M, Level 17, Miracle Seed

- Tackle
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poisonpowder
    - Reflect

Pidge/Pidgey,F, Level 17

- Tackle
    - Sand Attack
    - Gust
    - Quick Attack

Last edited:

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    1. Silver
    2. Pearl
    3. Gold
    4. Yellow
    5. SoulSilver
    6. LeafGreen
    7. Sapphire

I hope I can double post if I'm updating. If not. Merge this or whatever needs to be done. o.o

So played some of Pearl yesterday. I was on a completed saved file that for some reason was in Sunnyshore City. I checked my team and it had all the usual members apart from one. A Male, level 50 Octillery. I was confused until I realised that he was part of my, let's train an all new team and take on the Elite Four again, self-challenge that was tragically forgotten about when I received SoulSilver. o.o

Which means all I really did was train Octillery a bit by re-battling random trainers. And I didn't do loads of that. In short, it's this;

Lv. 50 --->
    Lv. 62​

I also got distracted by making seal thingies for my whole team. :3

I'll have to play some Gold tonight because I've been out shopping most of today. ;o

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
    I won't participate in this challenge because I only have Ruby which my cousin is borrowing(>.<) and Sapphire which was bought (by a different cousin)in Turkey, so it doesn't save! But, I would likem to ask and question. Could you play your game for a bit, then save it and go back to it later to play some more?

Edit:

Actually, I'll do this, and I'll go PMD Blue, Sapphire and Ruby next! I'll do PMD later!

Last edited:

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    So I turned on Gold yesterday, and there was no data. I started a new game, played it up to Falkner, saved, turned it off and then when I came to turn it back on the save file had deleted itself. D': So Gold is now out of the running and I'll just be playing through Yellow today.

I'll probably just update this post when I'm done.~

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I need to update for Sapphire, lol. I don't have all my information with me, nor do I feel like going to fetch sprites. However, all I was doing was SRing for a shiny Kyogre. So hey, I want one still, so that's what I did. Needless to say, I made no progress, lol.

Spoiler:

Also, the Challenge Rules are updated to include hacks now, so I'm going to update the first post so that you can pick up and play where you left off in a hack. However, since I know some of you are reading this and are foaming at the mouth, ready to add hacks to your list, please make sure you read the updated rules before posting a hack challenge. Thank you!

I am also going to be adding Sienna to my list, right after White (which is last one my list) so yeah. I also apologize for not updating. ;< I feel bad, since I enforce the "challenger must partake" rule and I get so lazy. But I hope everyone else is having fun with their challenges!

Years
    Amazingly, after quite a while of not doing anything, I actually played again yesterday. Just 5 minutes, but I played.

Green - Leaf Green - Sapphire - Ruby - Blue - Gold - Crystal - Yellow - White- Soul Silver - Black - Emerald - Diamond - Heart Gold - Pearl - Platinum - Red - Fire Red - Silver

Pokemon Fire Red - Jumpluff Solo run
    Play time: 3:28
    Progress: Nugget Bridge
    Pokemon at the end of the day:
    Spoiler:

Probably will play Silver on the weekend. Not today, I don't want to screw up the French exam I'm writing tomorrow. It's not even funny how bad I am in that subject currently, so I'd better study.

Green - Leaf Green - Sapphire - Ruby - Blue - Gold - Crystal - Yellow - White- Soul Silver - Black - Emerald - Diamond - Heart Gold - Pearl - Platinum - Red - Fire Red - Silver

Pokemon Silver - Random Pokemon Challenge
    Play time: 16:09
    Progress: Started, stuff until Azalea, wiped against Bugsy
    Spoiler:

Dammit, why is everyone dead suddenly?

Pokemon Green - Nuzlocke
    Play time: 34:56
    Progress: From Vermilion (with Misty not beaten yet) until Rock Tunnel
    Spoiler:

Hmm, I wonder how big this post will become...

Pokemon Leaf Green - Random Movesets (and so far I have exactly one of these moves, Sableye's Night Shade)
    Play time: 3:01
    Progress: From Viridian to Cerulean, beat Gary and saved.
    Spoiler:

Misty should be a piece of cake if I could just stop being underleveled.

Pokemon Sapphire - Starters
    Play time: 1:01
    Progress: Caught another Torchic because apparently I didn't save after catching it, grinded my team to a decent level and advanced to Petalburg.
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Ruby - Word (International)
    Play time: 1:03
    Progress: Grinded my Tentacool to a decent level and... you guessed it, advanced to Petalburg.
    Spoiler:

After not doing anything on the weekend and yesterday, I am back.

Pokemon Blue - Survival (aka how many wipes can I pile up throughout the game by not healing because I can't buy stuff or use Pokemon centers and am out of found items)
    Play time: 4:30
    Progress: beat Gary on Nugget Bridge, but with 4 HP left. Wiped shortly after of course. Beat some more nugget bridge trainers and got poisoned. Grreat.

Spoiler:

By the way, I HATE, HATE, HATE the fact that without using Pokemon centers, you get sent back to PALLET after every wipe, even when having saved, just not healed, in a Pokemon Center

Pokemon Crystal - Manga (Eusine)
    Play time: 6:11
    Progress: Made it to Violet, caught a Gastly, beat a hugely annoying Falkner since both my Pokemon (the other is Voltorb) are weak to Mud Slap.
    Eventually I managed to let Mud Slap run out of PP with Spite and then finish Pidgeotto off with Voltorb though. Realized I can't catch any Hoppips at night, so I stopped there.
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Yellow - 1P/gym
    Play time: 9:54
    Progress: The Bill route

Spoiler:

Uurgh, tomorrow the whole later-generation-games-pileup starts again

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I made no progress after this except some level ups not worth mentioning. :( My Blue is near the end of its days I think. It freezes if you touch it while the Game Boy is on, so I didn't wanna risk too much while playing today.

Version: Blue
    Player: Satoshi
    Badges: 4
    Time: 16:54
    Date: Nov 24, 2010

Oni Raichu / Raichu lv. 33
    Thunderbolt, Flash, Thunder Wave, Swift

Sakaki / Nidorino lv. 34
    Skull Bash, Horn Attack, Poison Sting, Focus Energy

Sakaka / Nidorina lv. 36
    Tail Whip, Body Slam, Bite, Poison Sting

Shigeru / Victreebel lv. 35
    Vine Whip, Acid, Wrap, Poisonpowder

Amethyst / Vaporeon lv. 34
    Ice Beam, Surf, Sand-attack, Bubblebeam

Daikenkai / Charizard lv. 41
    Strength, Slash, Ember, Leer

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Oh, daaa... Who am I kidding ? I dropped my PUAP two pages ago...
    Let's start a new one ! :-D

There were 18 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Silver
    2. Sapphire
    3. FR Omega
    4. Emerald
    5. Moemon
    6. Snakewood
    7. Leaf Green
    8. Blue
    9. Quartz
    10. SoulSilver
    11. Fire Red
    12. Crystal
    13. Topaz
    14. Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends
    15. Ruby
    16. rijonAdv.
    17. Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians
    18. HeartGold
    19. AshGray
    20. Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers
    21. Platinum
    THAT. I like it. Not too many stuff consecutive.
    I shall begin tomorrow. ;-)

-------

Day 1 - Silver
    Uh, not kinda well. It's on a ROM, and I kinda got bored quick...
    Seems it was a Nuzlocke in which I just kept dying, so I just gave up. I was up against Sabrina, and managed to defeat here then escape her gym. I saved on the Route to Lavender (east of Saffron) :

~team~ :

Mega (Meganium) m Lv. 42 @ Miracle Seed
    Razor Leaf ~ Synthesis ~ Poisonpowder ~ Body Slam

Psych (Kadabra) m Lv. 42 @ Focus Band
    Psychic ~ Ice Punch ~ Thunderpunch ~ Fire Punch

Golden (Seaking) f Lv. 41 @ -
    Surf ~ Waterfall ~ Horn Attack ~ Icy Wind

Beasty (Raticate) m @ Mysteryberry (wtf ? it had when I came on)
    Hyper Fang ~ Super Fang ~ Pursuit ~ Strength

Crobby (Crobat) f Lv. 41 @ Amulet Coin
    Fly ~ Swift ~ Bite ~ Confuse Ray

Fail team fails. :/ I'll just see what will I be able to do with this team...

Tomorrow : Sapphire.
    Yeah... no idea what was I doing in this one. :-P

Last edited:
    Years
    Hmm, I'm quite bored today, so I might as well...

Green - Leaf Green - Sapphire - Ruby - Blue - Gold - Crystal - Yellow - White - Soul Silver - Black - Emerald - Diamond - Heart Gold - Pearl - Platinum - Red - Fire Red - Silver

Pokemon White
    Play time: 1:29
    Progress: Got the english patch (and it's A LOT better without moonspeak) and beat the first gym
    Spoiler:

Green - Leaf Green - Sapphire - Ruby - Blue - Gold - Crystal - Yellow - White - Soul Silver - Black - Emerald - Diamond - Heart Gold - Pearl - Platinum - Red - Fire Red - Silver

Pokemon Soul Silver - Mono Flying
    Play time: 3:44
    Progress: Beat exactly 5 trainers, and it took me eternally to do so. I'm in Union Cave now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Proud of myself. :'D I hate DP, but looove Platinum. Weird, eh? I chose to do use my ROM instead of my real copy, because my real one is for storing competitive Pokemon, and with gen V changing the metagame, there's no point in continuing on in there.

Platinum
    Player: Tumblr
    Time: 10:25
    Badges: 3
    Date: Dec 6, 2010

And / Infernape (m) lv. 36 @ Fist Plate
    Blaze; Relaxed
    Flame Wheel, Close Combat, Grass Knot, Torment

Cheesecake / Rotom-W lv. 34 @ Amulet Coin
    Levitate; Quiet
    Shock Wave, Ominous Wind, Hydro Pump, Confuse Ray

Iroquois / Eevee (f) lv. 33
    Run Away; Quiet
    Tackle, Quick Attack, Bite, Sand-Attack

End Status:
    Spoiler:

LeafGreen tomorrow. Shoot me now.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    For some reason Im in the Mood to play. Weird O_o SOmeone randomize it for me while I go to school.

Leaf Green, Yellow, Silver, Soul Silver, Fire Red , Diamond ROM , Platinum , Platinum2, Ruby , Emerald, Moemon Fire Red Omega, Manly Pink, Emerald 386

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    For Chaos:
    Spoiler:

LeafGreen
    Player: James
    Time: 20:46 (why did I even spend THAT much time on it?)
    Badges: 4

I didn't do much because I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Twinkle / Starmie lv. 36
    Illuminate; Timid
    Psychic, Surf, Confuse Ray, Ice Beam

Rhylan / Rhyhorn (m) lv. 37
    Rock Head; Quirky
    Rock Slide, Stomp, Tail Whip, Scary Face

Pippi / Clefairy (f) lv. 40
    Cute Charm; Mild
    Water Pulse, Mega Punch, Minimize, Moonlight

Jessie / Charizard (f) lv. 43
    Blaze; Bold
    Flamethrower, Fly, Brick Break, Smokescreen

Cedar / Pidgeot (f) lv. 41
    Keen Eye; Careful
    Aerial Ace, Sand-Attack, Featherdance, Quick Attack

Haze / Parasect (m) lv. 38
    Effect Spore; Hasty
    Slash, Bullet Seed, Stun Spore, Spore

End Status:
    Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Spoiler:

This,this I like only two games of the same gen/and region next to each other. (Emerald 386+Ruby) and (Moemon Firered Omega+Leaf Green) the later,is my favorite region. :D

Starting tommorow and If I recal correctly its my Platinum Nuzlocke,that I have left it to died since I hate Galactic Side quest. Fun :D

Edit: Platinum was BOARING. Not Enboar-ing though,cause that is never boaring. I had Soccer Practice,Japanese Studies,Flute Practice and school today which left me like 40 mins :/. Oh and it wasn't a Nuzlocke, It was my Jap EMU of Plat. xD

Before
    NOTHING

After
    Spoiler:

Time for Manly Pink. It's a Fire Red hack with Gen V Pokes.

Last edited:
    Years

Pokemon Black
    Play time: 0:18
    Progress: Spammed the A button to finally make that annoying team plasma speech in the second town end and then beat N.
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Just kick started my Favorite Challenge in SoulSilver. I just had Cyndaquil and three Pidgey when I started, and I didn't record the time and whatnot lol.

End Status:
    Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Manly Pink hack is a cool Hack.

Ok Where I left of I saw my Janobii with Metronome and I had other pokes like Zorua, Dotekkotsu, Hoiiga and Emonga. I thought and I was like yup it's this all right.

There was no Challenge so I decided to make my own. My Janobii had Metronome so I thought. (I hack it a long time ago with YAPE)

"May Only use Super Effective moves with Janobii. If I don't have any, I may use Status moves and Metronome."

Also Im treating it as every battle was like Wifi (Gen IV not V) so I must play Set and must not heal inside of battle.

Progress
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I had Gold yesterday. I was GUNNA at least beat the Elite Four, but FFXIII was distracting me all day. v_v Then I had to play taxi and pick up my dad and sister and take them both back to their respective living abodes.

Game: Gold
    Player: Xavier
    Badges: 8
    Time: 25:20

Yeah, I was in the water right before that line. Um, I changed Gyarados' moves a little bit and I battled some trainers and wild Pokemon...that's all. :(

Nikholas / Meganium (m) lv. 41
    Body Slam, Poison Powder, Razor Leaf, Synthesis

Gyara / Gyarados (m) lv. 37 *
    Thrash, Leer, Whirlpool, Surf

Malix / Espeon (m) lv. 39 @ Amulet Coin
    Bite, Psybeam, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack

Fluffy / Ampharos (m) lv. 39
    Strength, Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave, Attract

Tiggy / Togetic (m) lv. 37 @ Mint Berry
    Fly, Metronome, Swift, Sweet Kiss

Hou-ou / Ho-oh lv. 40 @ Sacred Ash
    Sacred Fire, Safeguard, Gust, Recover

End Status:
    Spoiler:

OMG I JUST REALIZED I MESSED UP MY ORDER. :| I was supposed to do SoulSilver tomorrow, but I already did it, lmao. Oh well. ._.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021

Daikenkai / Charizard lv. 41
    Strength, Slash, Ember, Leer
    I hope you know your Charzard's Name means "Large Sword (of) Destruction" right?

Ou/Dai = Large 大
    Ken = Sword 剣
    Hakai = Destruction 破壊

So yeah Daiken(ha)kai :PP

Emerald 386

Beat one trainer west of Mauvile.

Team

Lvl 30 Ditto (Jerry)

Show's my hate for Hoenn :/

Ruby tommorow. To make it Intresting (but not enough to make negate the fail of Hoenn) I'll be doing the Skill Cap challenge thingy.

Also Last day of School Tommorow :DD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I hope you know your Charzard's Name means "Large Sword (of) Destruction" right?

Ou/Dai = Large 大
    Ken = Sword 剣
    Hakai = Destruction 破壊

So yeah Daiken(ha)kai :PP

I think I named it after a song from Dance Dance Revolution, if memory serves. Shows I gave him a good name though. ;) Too bad I rarely play Blue since it screws up easily.

So liek i had emeraldz 2day. Chose to use my ROM because everything is hacked to be shiny because I can.

Emerald (ROM)
    Player: Sydian
    Time: idr
    Badges: 1
    Location: Granite Cave (right in the middle of a fight with a Zubat)

Now I swear, I did not hack Pokerus into this ROM. I think the Zubat had it, cause last time I played on this ROM, I didn't have it. :| WEIRD.

Briar / Combusken (f) lv. 20 * (PokeRus)
    Blaze; Bashful
    Ember, Double Kick, Scratch, Peck

Leona / Lombe (f) lv. 18 * (PokeRus)
    Swift Swim; Bashful
    Astonish, Absorb, Nature Power, Growl

End Status:
    Spoiler:

Edit: Well, looks like I have to put my White part of the challenge in this post. Oh well, so be it. This thing is dead, and I only have Sienna left for tomorrow, so this thing can die in peace soon enough, I reckon.

White
    Player: Syddy
    Badges: 8
    Time: 83:05

Kaori / Victini lv. 59
    Zen Headbutt, Purgatory, Flash, Bursting Flame

Joryn / Kojondo (m) lv. 57
    Acrobat, Drain Punch, Hi Jump Kick, U-Turn

Milo / Daikenki (m) lv. 61
    Surf, Aqua Tail, Sword's Dance, Strength

Gjila / Shibirudon (m) lv. 58
    Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Crunch, Spark

Marz / Sazandora (f) lv. 65
    Dragon Pulse, Fly, Crunch, Hyper Voice

SeedB / Seed Mommy (Doredia) (f) lv. 58
    Butterfly Dance, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Dream Eater

Ummmm I trained them more, got to some city (idk the name) and evolved my Gear and Kurumiru. :)

End Status:
    Spoiler:

Edit again...

Had Sienna today and...I couldn't remember what I was doing, so I ran around for a while, didn't feel like figuring it out, and was done. So I'm done with this~

Nerf Gun / Elesnow (m) lv. 29
    Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Bite, Focus Punch

Bertram / Grovyle (m) lv. 27
    Absorb, Pursuit, Volt Tackle, Screech

Loparde / Flaaffy (f) lv. 26
    Thunder Wave, Thundershock, Growl, Tackle

Last edited:
    Years

21.12.10 (exactly 2 years until the world will end)
    Pokemon Emerald - Unevolved Challenge
    Play time: 3:33
    Progress: Was somewhere at Dewford, so I beat Brawly's lackeys, sailed to Slateport, did some stuff and quit playing after almost having been driven to madness by some really annoying Plusle and Minun trainers in the north that kept spamming berries and having the (para-)hax gods on their sides.
    Spoiler:
    [/QUOTE]

Back