• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Picking diffrent Pokemon.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • I try to mix up the teams but I always seem to have Kadabra or Machoke on my team, either one of them mainly Kadabra. Except for D/P/PT I just used 4th Gen Pokemon for that game except Vaporeon in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    I'd probably keep one familiar Pokemon, if I were you. That way, if your in any trouble, you know what moves and strategies you can use, without any hassle.

I've had the same problem before MANY times. I always end up with the same boring old team. So, to fix this, I thought outside the box and caught Pokemon who I just wouldn't go for. Sure, I'd probably drool at the first sight of an old Pidgey but, I'd kick it's ass and get a Spearow instead.

If your unsure of your Pokemon, check on websites that state their movesets and abilites, etc, and find out if you think it's a good Pokemon. Try the Pokemon out, if it don't work, start the game again. I've been doing this SO many times but, i know I've got a good team now.

Oh, and you could try releasing your Starter Pokemon. Might seem difficult but, sometimes it makes the game a whole lot more fun.

I hope I helped in some way! Thanks for reading! ^_^

Krystallyn

☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼
    Years
  • I am literally doing this right now. I have my usual team, since I always pick the same starter.

My team is...
    Arcanine
    Pidgeot
    Jolteon
    Blastoise
    Raticate
    Nidoking

Anyone who has any ideas PLEASE help!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Heh, I'm the total opposite, I can't stand using the same team twice. Just catch a different pokémon and try it out, you might be surprised.

Back