• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pidgeot vs Fearow

Years
    I'm playing pokemon Fire Red and would like to have a flying pokemon, two of the better ones are available at the beginning, and I was wondering if it would be a smarter move to go for a pidgey or a spearow. I believe that Fearow has a higher attack than Pidgeot and is slightly faster, but has a weaker defense, special defense, and hp, so I'm not really sure what the better choice is here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2007
    I'd go with Spearow, Because Fearow is Quick, and has a High attack. And all other stats (Sp.Attack, Sp.Defence, Evasion, Ect) Is all normal, whilist Pidgot
    Is slower, and has the same Sp. Defence and Defence as Fearow, It's attack is slightly lower, but has high HP.

So For My Opinion, I'd go with Spearow.
    =]

(pokemon.com, Then go to pokedex. Search Fearow, And Pidgeot, Compare them for you'reself if you're still unsure.)

Years
    So there's mixed thoughts about who's better.

I was pretty sure that Pidgeot had a higher defense, special defense, and hp than Fearow, that pokedex didn't completely load for me for some reason so I couldn't view it.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Just look at it this way.

Fearow has Drill Peck. Pidgeot has Wing Attack.
    Fearow has 90 Base Attack. Pidgeot has 80 Base Attack.
    Fearow has 100 Base Speed. Pidgeot has 91 Base Speed.

Yeah, I think the answer's pretty obvious. Personally, I'd go with Dodrio since he surpasses both of them with his nasty 110 Base Attack.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    if you're simply playing through the game... you'd be fine with either one... I'm more partial to Pidgeot but that's because of his looks... Drill peck is a far superior move, and both learn fly. your call on that one.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Fly sucks because it's a 2 turn move with only 70 base power in FR/LG. The fact that it's 2 turns is what makes it suck.

Er... "In Game" is the theme here.

Pretty much every aspect of Pidgeot fails. It even fails to surpass the BothSideKO'ing Staraptor. Dodrio pecks all other Flying type options in the eye.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Er... "In Game" is the theme here.

Pretty much every aspect of Pidgeot fails. It even fails to surpass the BothSideKO'ing Staraptor. Dodrio pecks all other Flying type options in the eye.

ZOMGWTFBBQ

Purfugly ain't banned and came back 8D
    btw Anti-Pop left PC T.T

For these kinds of pokemon - their HP, Defense, and Sp. Defense mean nothing since it won't be taking any hits from any pokemon.

Oh and this is FireRed btw ...

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    that's why I mention Fly... since you're in game, 1 on 1 fighting for the most part... Fly and Leftovers will make the pokemon last a big longer... saves you money.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    if u truly wanna compare, type comparifier on google and click veekun. then, type pidgeot and fearow.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    or gameshark
    Hush. Puppy.

I'm going to explain each obtainable Normal / Flying Type in detail, okay

Pidgeot - The one out of the cream of the crop to have the highest in defenses, and they're not even that great either. Only Powerful Flying attacks he get are Wing Attack and Aerial Ace (Both have the same power), so he's obviously not much to look at.

Fearow - Has greater speed, slightly greater attack, and gets Drill Peck.

Farfetch'd - Personally, he's the most inferior. Your only bonus with him is that it learns Swords Dance. Ironically, he's the slowest out of the 4 (Base Speed 60)

Dodrio - Dodrio, apparently, has the utmost superiority. Learns Drill Peck, and runs off of a monster 110 Base attack. Has the same amount of Speed as Fearow (100 Base).

Take your pick.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Go with Fearow. Just make sure to get a Adamant or Jolly Nature Spearow when you catch it. Either if fine. Just make sure to get a good Nature.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    Dodrio, Dodrio, Dodrio, Dodrio, Dodrio, Dodrio.... It's been mentioned time and time again that Dodrio is THE BEST Normal/Flying hybrid in the 1st gen. Swellow is better mainly because of Guts + Facade + STAB. But since you obviously can't get Swellow without trading, just go with the all-time favorite 3-headed dodo/emu thing.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    Lets say this shall we? =D

Pidgeot>Fearow>Dodrio>SwellowStaraptor

Hey name its in fire red NOT D/P
    Anyways...id prefer dodrio out of both of them.....hes in my team and w/the moveset that i have on him saves my butt many times:)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm playing pokemon Fire Red and would like to have a flying pokemon, two of the better ones are available at the beginning, and I was wondering if it would be a smarter move to go for a pidgey or a spearow. I believe that Fearow has a higher attack than Pidgeot and is slightly faster, but has a weaker defense, special defense, and hp, so I'm not really sure what the better choice is here.

As already stated Dodrio > All beginning of the game 3rd gen flying types.

When you get later in the game, may i suggest the one in your Avatar, Zapdos.

Back