• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu sacrificing himself for Ash in last ep, good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

But sadly, as much as I want Ash killed off, I don't think it would work. He does have quite a lot of fans and those fans would go berserk if he died. Plus, Pokemon would gain a bad reputation as a kid's show. : D

It's seriously possible for the reputation it has right now to get any worse?

gapdreamer

dream fighter
    Years
  • Lets See The pokemon anime as it is in the original dub. That mean USA's dumb edits and stuff don't count.
    We have seen several deaths in pokemon:
    Latios died. Do not follow america's Edits.
    Hunter J died, and drown. (what do you know).
    Cyrus went to a new dimension, which was destroyed by dialga and palkia. He basically died.
    Marcus in movie 12 died..

So based on all these, i would say death is possible in pokemon, but never for main/recurrent characters.
    Only evil, or characters/pokemon that are only important in the episode they appear in (such as Latios and Marcus).
    And as for an ending when pikachu dies...thats impossible. There's even more chance for ash to die than pikachu.

Years
  • Lets See The pokemon anime as it is in the original dub. That mean USA's dumb edits and stuff don't count.
    We have seen several deaths in pokemon:
    Latios died. Do not follow america's Edits.
    Hunter J died, and drown. (what do you know).
    Cyrus went to a new dimension, which was destroyed by dialga and palkia. He basically died.
    Marcus in movie 12 died..

So based on all these, i would say death is possible in pokemon, but never for main/recurrent characters.
    Only evil, or characters/pokemon that are only important in the episode they appear in (such as Latios and Marcus).
    And as for an ending when pikachu dies...thats impossible. There's even more chance for ash to die than pikachu.
    Marcus never died, he was seen working for Damos in the credits. So yeah, the only characters that have died are Latios, Lucario, J and her crew (Presumably), and Aaron (Albeit in a flashback).

And I don't think the dub has ever cut out death. I think Pokemon actually has a really good dub, whether it be 4kids or TPCi.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Marcus never died, he was seen working for Damos in the credits. So yeah, the only characters that have died are Latios, Lucario, J and her crew (Presumably), and Aaron (Albeit in a flashback).

And I don't think the dub has ever cut out death. I think Pokemon actually has a really good dub, whether it be 4kids or TPCi.
    It is unown if J or her crew really died since it was open ended during that scene,but lucario and Latios.

There's noway Ash or Pikachu will ever die and the only time Ash and Pikachu die was in Pokemon season 1 Tower of terror episode.

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • It is unown if J or her crew really died since it was open ended during that scene,but lucario and Latios.

There's noway Ash or Pikachu will ever die and the only time Ash and Pikachu die was in Pokemon season 1 Tower of terror episode.

I don't really agree with it being "open ended." She got trapped in a whirlpool and then blown up. Her glasses then floated to the surface. I think that was probably showing that she was dead, since they couldn't show her mangled body sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't really agree with it being "open ended." She got trapped in a whirlpool and then blown up. Her glasses then floated to the surface. I think that was probably showing that she was dead, since they couldn't show her mangled body sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

I don't know where you got the "glasses then floated to the surface" that didn't happen at all. The ship just sank down the whirlpool then down into the sea and exploded. For all we know, they could have escaped easily, she had a load of money and technology, so they could have even teleported somewhere else (Maybe even with a Pokémon) or abandoned ship before it exploded. There was no actual footage of her and her crew when the ship actually collided into the whirlpool either, just before it, so yeah, an escape could have been possible.

Even if they did die in the ship, the explosion would have disintegrated their bodys (and here glasses) so the bodys probably were not found. Which also brings us around to that it would be the perfect way to get away, as the police, etc.. would think they were dead and wouldn't try finding her.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    There is nothing in the episode saying J is dead and she might have gotten away before her ship blow up,her glasses floating to the surface sure don't mean she is dead either.

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • There is nothing in the episode saying J is dead and she might have gotten away before her ship blow up,her glasses floating to the surface sure don't mean she is dead either.

All I'm saying is that there's more evidence to show that she is dead than not.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I think the most death Pokémon has ever had was when Latios sacrificed himself to save everyone. That was sad; I actually cried. :(

I don't think Pikacu will be killed, though, nor would it even happen. I can kind of see Ash getting killed while trying to save Pikachu, with all the crazy crap he's done before. But, it won't happen. It's too dark for Nintendo to even consider making. I'm not so sure kids in Japan would mind, though, since the kids shows there can be quite dark, but also acceptable enough, but it would probably be banned in the US. :\

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
  • Well, Ash may........I dunno, he'd might commit suicide. :P
    I really don't know, I just thought that would be funny to say he committed suicide. XD

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • This thread has been dead since July. Don't revive threads that haven't been posted in in a month. Thanks! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back