• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Ultimate Latios said:
    Thanks For The Rating! I'll Try To Make It Better. Heres Also My Newest Custom, Darkobra. It's Evolution Of Seviper
    Pixel Art Lounge
    I would suggest using an even lighter gray as the main color...er, but not too light, though. Look at the way something like umbreon (or any other black pokemon) is colored - do something like that, by using shades of dark gray instead of black/very dark gray.

The outline around the white part also needs to be darker...no pokemon, even the white ones, has an outline that light.

And...if it's related to Seviper, then it could probably use some more markings on it. It looks rather bland compared to Seviper. ^^;

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Yeah, I noticed Tropizil look a bit flat Cowrie. And yeah, Katsuro, I played with that left wing for so long and just couldn't get it to come out right. I always end up going back and playing around with my sprites as I improve and learn new things, so maybe in the future I will edit the wing. For now, I'll leave it as it is.

As far as Plataia goes, I am considering changing the name, but I was thinking of a name that somehow involves a desert. There needs to be some explaining there, so here was my thinking. Plataia is one of a set of sprites, the second I just took a break from working on a few minutes ago. I got the idea to create kind of parallel species of dinosaurs(Lengendary?). The first, Plataia, would be the species that inhabits the desert, the second, which I have tentatively named Tundragoon, inhabits the tundra. As I said I am still working on names and they are both tentative at this point. I am definately welcome to any suggestions anyone has. The name Plataia though, is actually an ancient Greek city. That's actually a theme I have carried on throughout several of my sprites, in case no one has noticed that yet. (Corcyro, Nemea, Pengamone, and a few others branched off of Greek city names). Anywho, if anyone has suggestions for names for either one of these sprites, visit my thread by clicking the button below to post them. I don't really want to, or think it's necessary to fill up this thread with comments on the subject. :\

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    masquerainmistress your sprite looks really nice althought the outlains on the pants and on the hair isn't so clear.

PokemonChampion2K4 your sprite should be totaly remade - The anatomy is all wrong, the outlines stink and the shadowing ain;t grat eighter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm not familiar with Greek cities, which is why I didn't catch that, sorry =/

UL, the sprite still needs a bit of work. It does look better than the last one though. I'd say work on the outline.

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    say hello to two super phychics.

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

oh and please can you rate my blast2mew.
    Pixel Art Lounge

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    pretty darn cool buddy, hope I helped with my strange rambleing on MSN

zero-hunter x7

The Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2014
    well since I am still fixing up my raikou thingy mix (thanks for helping me out there guys) I made a skarmory revamp from silver.
    Pixel Art Lounge
    I am trying to become a better spriter so criticism is welcomed! I know it isn't very good so I am trying to see what I should do to make it better. I think it went from a light shade to a dark shade to heavily, I mean that it is a light shade and then suddenly becomes dark. what do you think?

Edit: I redid the raikou mix
    Pixel Art Lounge
    tell me what you think needs to be changed, I remember you said that it was cluttered, should I remove some of the extra things on it?

Last edited:
    Years
    shadow909 said:
    can someone rate my sprites please.

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

The original sprites' outline colors on the first sprite appear to still be there...change the colors to a darker version of the cyan, especially on the tail and shell (since the green/brown in those places doesn't go too well with it :/ ) The colors - especially the shell color - are a bit too bright...

The trainers...the second one looks okay to me, but the first one needs some fixing up. Tone down the bright colors a bit, put some shading in the hair, and recolor the outline of the hair as well.

zero-hunter x7 said:
    well since I am still fixing up my raikou thingy mix (thanks for helping me out there guys) I made a skarmory revamp from silver.
    Pixel Art Lounge
    I am trying to become a better spriter so criticism is welcomed! I know it isn't very good so I am trying to see what I should do to make it better. I think it went from a light shade to a dark shade to heavily, I mean that it is a light shade and then suddenly becomes dark. what do you think?

Edit: I redid the raikou mix
    Pixel Art Lounge
    tell me what you think needs to be changed, I remember you said that it was cluttered, should I remove some of the extra things on it?

When it comes to revamps, try not to have too much black in the outline. Use darker versions of the colors already in the sprite, and use those to outline. Use a dark gray and red for that skarmory's outline...black shouldn't be used except around the darkest colors of the sprite (or something like that...study an advanced sprite to get an idea of what I'm trying to say ^_^;; ).

Also, don't be afraid to try adding more shading/highlighting to the old sprites...due to color limitations, they were a bit skimpy with those.

That raikou mix looks better than before. ^^ The fire's colors don't clash nearly as much...and...hm...

What I would suggest is to not make the ribbon colors quite as bright. The rest of the sprite's colors are a bit subdued (well, except for the yellow parts), so the brightness of that part stands out quite a bit. For the headpiece, use a dark yellow/orange color to outline it around the highlighted areas.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Being as my internet wsn't working for the day,I made stuff in paint. XD

Pixel Art Lounge
    I have no clue who this is,just something made outta boredom.

Pixel Art Lounge
    I called these shading blocks and I used them while making the dude above. ^

Comments please. XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Very sweet Alex. The shading blocks are real cool. The only thing I can say about the guy thinger is that the pants look a little odd, especially the left leg. I can't really pick out what is wrong though :\ I would also consider making the neck a little more distinguishable , but maybe the collar covers it up. But yeah, otherwise very very good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back