• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel-art I did of my friend Devon. Looks a bit LoZ (Legend OF Zelda)-ish for my taste.
    Please comment.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    You all, spriters on PC have got to see this. Crystal Clair finally did a sprite where
    there is loads of dithering
    not too many colors are used
    and black is of plenty
    behold
    the sprite that only has four colors besides black and white
    and uses default paint colors
    Pixel Art Lounge

Whadda ya think? I took a risk by using the pallet of spriters' nightmares and taking a chance I thought I would never take
    I was entirely inspired after I created my first custom emblem in MarioKart ds.
    I hope I did good. After all, I took a risk
    Hey, ya know I didn't go through all of this tedious spriting for no comment! Some feedback, pretty please ^_^ with a cherry on top

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Wow, that's cool! I think it could use a bit of shading, though....

Comment on my pixel-art please.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    Crystal_Clair said:
    Crystal_Clair said:
    Originally Posted by Crystal Clair
    You all, spriters on PC have got to see this. Crystal Clair finally did a sprite where
    there is loads of dithering
    not too many colors are used
    and black is of plenty
    behold
    the sprite that only has four colors besides black and white
    and uses default paint colors
    Pixel Art Lounge

Whadda ya think? I took a risk by using the pallet of spriters' nightmares and taking a chance I thought I would never take
    I was entirely inspired after I created my first custom emblem in MarioKart ds.
    I hope I did good. After all, I took a risk
    Hey, ya know I didn't go through all of this tedious spriting for no comment! Some feedback, pretty please ^_^ with a cherry on top
    That is very good, becuase you used only five collours and default paint colours, however you should use the darker blue on the *shaded* side to add a bit more of a light source.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Budgie_boy said:
    That is very good, becuase you used only five collours and default paint colours, however you should use the darker blue on the *shaded* side to add a bit more of a light source.
    Actually there's 7, I advise alot less dithering, even when using such a limited palette.

DeltaSuicune

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    eevee_lady said:
    Pixel Art Loungerandom sprites, can someone please rate them?

Pretty good, nothing blazingly wrong with them so pat yourself on the back. If I was to get nitpicky, I could suggest that you extend the tail on the right one so that you can still see that it has that nice bushy tail which is otherwise hidden by the wings. Just an aesthetic balance issue.

eevee_lady said:
    that was spam darkfeline...
    and also rate these:Pixel Art Lounge

Again, good sprites, but if you wanted to polish it fully I'd suggest that you shorten the head 'feathers' on the right sprite so it looks more natural proportionally speaking; a small critter wouldn't have such a ridiculously large headpiece.

Dragon-Chan said:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel-art I did of my friend Devon. Looks a bit LoZ (Legend OF Zelda)-ish for my taste.
    Please comment.

Eh.... I won't bash too much but honestly you could use a lot of work on this one. The head is too oblong vertically and looks like someone stuck his head through a vice and stretched it too high. The neck is displaced too far forward, the neck houses the spinal bones, whereas in yours it seems to be fused to the jaw bone. Look at a few photographs if you're not sure what I'm talking about. Commendations on the attempt anyway, scratch stuff isn't that easy.

Crystal Clair said:

Not bad.. it looks like a stick doll though right now instead of a person. I'm referring mainly to the unnaturally straight limbs and whatnot. Give her a bit more personality in the pose and proportions (yes I do mean give her a bigger chest rack and whatnot to uphold the female stereotype, in sprites it's one of the only ways to differentiate the genders anyway outside hair and clothing), she looks just ... boring standing there stock still.

Colours are another issue, I appreciate that you did it in only 5 colours and had to accomodate shading for that, but I really think you could go beyond that and use your skill further by using more colours. You're not stuck to the 16 greyscale palette of the first Gameboy you know.

~DS

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    oh yea i forgot to say merry cristmas and happy new years (or happy hanukah) [spelled it wrong srry] well yah guys can you rate this please.

Pixel Art Lounge

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    Dragonfree said:
    What do you think of this scratch? =/

Pixel Art Lounge

It's a fake Pok?mon from my fic... I kinda like it.

hey not bad i really lke it 9/10 or 10/10

its really cool

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
    Well, I've did three overshades/recolors because I got bored. Please note that these are my first overshades.
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge

The Furret was done last night, the Eevee and Persian were done around lunch time. How are they?
    Dragonfree said:
    What do you think of this scratch? =/

Pixel Art Lounge

It's a fake Pok?mon from my fic... I kinda like it.
    Great scratch sprite, but I suck at scratch sprites so... yeah. xD It kinda reminds me of the Shadow Heartless from Kingdom Hearts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back