• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Project: Revamp Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    *Smacks self on forehead*

Okay, if the other legendary birds aren't taken, I'll take Zapdos and Articuno.

Fun Fact:
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES
    Uno, Dos, Tres
    1, 2, 3.
    Get it?

Changed my mind, decided to do the Line of Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite. Not as good as my other one, then again, Moltres has more colours to work with.

I'll accept them, but remember that the outline should never be fully black on a pokemon sprite. The Lightsource is also top left, not top right. Good effort though.

Edit: on further inspection it appears that Dratini is just a recolour. Draganair and Dragonite are also recolours witth minor changes, so I'm afraid I can't infact accept them, sorry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    hmm, this seems to have peetered out really quick.

well. i'll dibs mew if someone hasn't already *i dont see it anywhere here but yeah*

:3 do that later then!

ciao!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Awesome response guys.

Just finished Moltres and amended the first post!

Doing Charmander next.

Years
    Oops, sorry.
    Really should re-read the posts :P -facepalm-

But anyway, I've done a Flareon

It's not great, feel free to use it or not :)

And can I reserve the Vulpix evo line??

I've done Vulpix

And the Ninetales:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    May I claim Dragonaire? I've already half completed it...

*sigh* thats a shame. its already been done and posted.

seriously, everyone. Just check before you start re-vamping? it's not that hard. its alot less of a waste of time and effort to scan the thread quickly (incase Foxhound hasnt updated the sheet yet) then to just revamp somthing that we kinda dont need doing anymore that might wind up just going to waste...
    (no. this isnt a stab, not at anyone in particular either, its a reminder why is better to check aimed at anyone who'll bother reading.)

(thinking that, anyone wholl read this will probably be the people that don't need to be told this XD''' oh well. its typed now.)

yeah yeah, whine over, heres the mew i said id do:

:s i dont like it anywhere near as much as the Taruos... oh well.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    *sigh* thats a shame. its already been done and posted.

seriously, everyone. Just check before you start re-vamping? it's not that hard. its alot less of a waste of time and effort to scan the thread quickly (incase Foxhound hasnt updated the sheet yet) then to just revamp somthing that we kinda dont need doing anymore that might wind up just going to waste...
    (no. this isnt a stab, not at anyone in particular either, its a reminder why is better to check aimed at anyone who'll bother reading.)

(thinking that, anyone wholl read this will probably be the people that don't need to be told this XD''' oh well. its typed now.)

yeah yeah, whine over, heres the mew i said id do:

:s i dont like it anywhere near as much as the Taruos... oh well.

Actually that Dragonair isn't being used as it wasn't much more than a recolour. :p

I'm now gonna update the sheet!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to do the Dragonaire. :(
    I no longer claim it. Sorry for the inconvenience :\

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    Can I ask? What defines a recolor from a revamp? For instance the dragonaire that was posted looked like a revamp to me but you said it wasn't.

p.s once I know what the difference is I'd like to try the pidgey line. (pidgey---> Pidgeotto----> Pidgeot)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Can I ask? What defines a recolor from a revamp? For instance the dragonaire that was posted looked like a revamp to me but you said it wasn't.

p.s once I know what the difference is I'd like to try the pidgey line. (pidgey---> Pidgeotto----> Pidgeot)

A simple difference my friend. A revamp is a complete overhaul of the old sprite, you change the outline, shading, colours and in some cases anatomy to fit in with the current styles (FR/LG and D/P) A good example would be this revamp I done of the Green version Ivysaur into D/P style.

As you can see there are massive differences between the two. You don't have to be as extreme with a Yellow revamp, as the anatomy on the sprites is pretty good anyway.

A recolour is just where you replace the old colours with new colours. It doesn't look right in the slightest as the shading, outlining and lighting is all off.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I haven't sprited that much, but I still wanted to give this one a try. I did Dragonite, since the first one wasn't accepted and no one else seems to have claimed it. I hope you'll accept this one~ ^^ I might do some others later.

(I figured that the light source is in the upper right corner if the sprite is facing right)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I haven't sprited that much, but I still wanted to give this one a try. I did Dragonite, since the first one wasn't accepted and no one else seems to have claimed it. I hope you'll accept this one~ ^^ I might do some others later.

(I figured that the light source is in the upper right corner if the sprite is facing right)

Awesome job :] accepted!
    Hopefully you'll help us out with a few more.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    A simple difference my friend. A revamp is a complete overhaul of the old sprite, you change the outline, shading, colours and in some cases anatomy to fit in with the current styles (FR/LG and D/P) A good example would be this revamp I done of the Green version Ivysaur into D/P style.

As you can see there are massive differences between the two. You don't have to be as extreme with a Yellow revamp, as the anatomy on the sprites is pretty good anyway.

A recolour is just where you replace the old colours with new colours. It doesn't look right in the slightest as the shading, outlining and lighting is all off.

AH I see now. Yeah I can understand better with the example. Thankyou very much!
    So can I claim the pidgey evolutions now :)

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I have a few, though they may not be in the style you're looking for. When I made these, I was using sprites from all of the game, not just Pokemon Yellow, and choosing the ones I liked best for the sprite's base.

Status
    Not open for further replies.