• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: ~PkSprite RB~Pokemon Red/Blue hackers look here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncanrcook

Excellent!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    Hello all.
    I'm gonna say,right now, that I did NOT write this program, Hazard did. I only wrote up the list of overworld sprite offsets for red/blue and changed the program a tiny bit. (Opened up the program in text editor and changed an offset :D)

Anyways, this program now enables you to edit the sprites of pokemon red/blue in a way other than a tile editor.

Also, I don't think this program works with Yellow version. I've only tested it out with Red, but I think Blue has the same offsets. But Yellow version has them somewhere else.

Anyways, enjoy! :)

Presea

True_ai
    Years
  • well, it's ok.. you could add some of the overworld map graphics to it.
    then it'd be better.
    it loads fast and works on 98, and i didn't run into any strange out of memory errors so it's better then some stuff.. >_>

duncanrcook

Excellent!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    well, it's ok.. you could add some of the overworld map graphics to it.
    then it'd be better.
    it loads fast and works on 98, and i didn't run into any strange out of memory errors so it's better then some stuff.. >_>

i'll try, but it renders like this:
    it goes to an offset in the OffSets.txt file and renders the next 6 sets of 4 tiles including the one at the specified offset like this
    1 2
    3 4
    which, if it's a sprite, actually looks like a sprite. some of the overworld tiles are set up different though. but, yes, i'll try adding some overworld map graphics to the file.

edit: i just tried adding the offsets for the tilesets and have come to this conclusion. if you want to edit the rb tilesets, use a tile editor, such as TLP (comes with elite map). once you open up your red rom in your tile editor, find the menu item that says something like "go to offset" and type in offset 64000 and you will see the first tileset. just scroll down to see the others.

Last edited:

duncanrcook

Excellent!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    Yes that yellow one was based off it. No need to go "hmm..." I do know what im talking about, iv been rom hacking for 5 years.

when i said "hmm" it was like "huh. why havent i found this?" i didnt mean that u didnt know what you were talking about. i havent been rom hacking as long as you, but i do know what im talking about.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • when i said "hmm" it was like "huh. why havent i found this?" i didnt mean that u didnt know what you were talking about. i havent been rom hacking as long as you, but i do know what im talking about.

Sorry about that iv had bad experiences with people doing that. Well yeah as id expect so, most of the old rom hacking sites have disappeared over the last 2 years, but over that time iv kept copies of tools and tutorials from them, with plans to set up a site hosting them.

Its nice to see people interested in the RBGY games still, as this is very rare these days :)

You can come and help out once its up and running if you would like?

duncanrcook

Excellent!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    Sorry about that iv had bad experiences with people doing that. Well yeah as id expect so, most of the old rom hacking sites have disappeared over the last 2 years, but over that time iv kept copies of tools and tutorials from them, with plans to set up a site hosting them.

Its nice to see people interested in the RBGY games still, as this is very rare these days :)

You can come and help out once its up and running if you would like?

sure, i'd love to help! :)
    i gotta question though. do you have a tutorial on changing the pokemon sprites themselves (in red/blue of course)? if you do, please tell me!! if you wanna email me, my email's:
    [email protected]

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • You got yahoo or msn messenger? if so we can talk more about it on there, iv got to go out now, but when I come back i'll start on bringing all the programs and documents together i have.

:)

duncanrcook

Excellent!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    You got yahoo or msn messenger? if so we can talk more about it on there, iv got to go out now, but when I come back i'll start on bringing all the programs and documents together i have.

:)

i have a yahoo email, but i dunno if my mom will let me go on chat. :( but hopefully she'll let me. probably. anyways, next time were both on, ill pm you and say to go on chat (if my mom lets me).

Presea

True_ai
    Years
  • it goes to an offset in the OffSets.txt file and renders the next 6 sets of 4 tiles including the one at the specified offset like this
    1 2
    3 4
    which, if it's a sprite, actually looks like a sprite. some of the overworld tiles are set up different though. but, yes, i'll try adding some overworld map graphics to the file.

edit: i just tried adding the offsets for the tilesets and have come to this conclusion. if you want to edit the rb tilesets, use a tile editor, such as TLP (comes with elite map). once you open up your red rom in your tile editor, find the menu item that says something like "go to offset" and type in offset 64000 and you will see the first tileset. just scroll down to see the others.

I know that, But i like Dos based apps more. =p
    I was jusy saying if you included it, it would be more handy for other users. XD

duncanrcook

Excellent!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    I know that, But i like Dos based apps more. =p
    I was jusy saying if you included it, it would be more handy for other users. XD

ok, i'll add the tilesets, but to change them, you're gonna have to know which tiles are which because it wont show the tiles like in tlp. for example: in tlp it might look like this at one offset(i put spaces between each tile)
    _ _ _
    /_ _ _\

the way this programs renders, it might look like this
    _ _
    /_ _
    _
    _\

but you CAN edit the tiles if you know exactly which tile it is.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Woo, thanks. I've been thinking bout making a quik hack of pokemon red. This has given me a reason to start :D

Super Wario 64

So i herd u liek me?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Now we can hack Ralts and Treecko and such to be in Red/Blue all Extreme Devamped to look awful like the other Red/Blue pokemon. Thanks. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back