• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Place your bets!

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
I already heard some good guesses, but do your best guess in this thread: what will be the names of the 5th generation of Pokémon? Pokémon Black & White? Pokémon Sun & Moon? Pokémon Purple & Orange?

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
Years
Well, they are all named after something that exists in real life.
Color named games are past (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green), as well as metal named games (Gold, Silver, Crystal), and also gemstone named games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald).

So, I think it will be something more sophisticated and they might make G/S/C remakes

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
hmm.... Pokemon Quartzite and Zircon? Pokemon Titanium and Platinum? How about..... Pokemon Let's completly forget adding quality and make more Rattata and Pidgey clones version?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
Well, they are all named after something that exists in real life.
Color named games are past (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green), as well as metal named games (Gold, Silver, Crystal), and also gemstone named games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald).

So, I think it will be something more sophisticated and they might make G/S/C remakes

i really don't think they'll remake GSC.. whats the point in making something old if you can make something new? the only reason they re-made kanto was to get all the kanto and johto pokemon to the GBA and DS. why would you even want a remake, the original GSC games are still playable right? i really dare to bet a lot of money on 'no remake of GSC'

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
I wanna rule out sun/moon cause that is basically G/S. I also wanna rule out black and white cause they could have used it to introduce dark with light pokemon. So titanium/platinum, quartz/amethyst, alluminum/copper, or as a really god one blue/pink. Blue for a boy only adventure and pink for the girl only adventure. Hey thats not bad a boy version of pokemon with all the uber looking pokemon and a girl version for all the sickengly cute pokemon. Except pikachu he stays wih the men.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
i really don't think they'll remake GSC.. whats the point in making something old if you can make something new? the only reason they re-made kanto was to get all the kanto and johto pokemon to the GBA and DS. why would you even want a remake, the original GSC games are still playable right? i really dare to bet a lot of money on 'no remake of GSC'

Hey, if it makes them money, why not? A lot of people have problems with the internal battery in GSC, anyway. Mine's been dead for about a year now...

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Eh, I'm not betting... Just guessing... I think the jewelry thing is kind of cool, Pokemon Jade? XD Platinum? XD I'm just thinking of jewelry-related stuff. XD

Berlitz

The Bewildered Summoner
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
The reason for making GSC would be to ressurect a generation that fans love the most and will always be in their memories with all their graphic-power impressionism . And wow, about Blue/Pink .... That sexist . And why Pikachu stays with the men ? If we go by your logic, he stays in both versions . Just because you're a man ? How selfishly disturbing.

Yours so annoyed ,

Miss Berlitz . < 3

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Pokemon marshmallow and pokemon lesbian

Which translates as....

We dont know and we have nothing to base our guesses off of anyway. Nintendo have announced nothing, all they have done is buy out a load of web addresses, for example pokemonopal.com. However these are all minerals and likely to be the third in the 4th gen series, and there are so many to guess from we won't know anyway.
Since evidence points at a jhoto remake, names are likely to be variation of gold and sliver.

Last edited:

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
The reason for making GSC would be to ressurect a generation that fans love the most and will always be in their memories with all their graphic-power impressionism . And wow, about Blue/Pink .... That sexist . And why Pikachu stays with the men ? If we go by your logic, he stays in both versions . Just because you're a man ? How selfishly disturbing.

Yours so annoyed ,
Miss Berlitz . < 3

I'm a guy, but I have to agree with Berlitz here. Besides, the "sickeningly cute" pokemon aren't really that strong. And what you need in Pokemon is strong pokemon. Besides, why should gender decide what kind of Pokemon you get? I mean, seriously. A female might want to choose her gender as that and still want uber Pokemon.

Either way, we've really gone off-topic with this. The topic is about names. I think the name will be that of some stone, like always. Perhaps Maleckite and Aluminum or something?

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
Years
A great name for a new version would be Pokemon Amethyst, It suits well with Diamond and Pearl. But really, who's to say that they'll bring out a new Pokemon generation? We could all be wrong, what if Nintendo decides to stop creating new Pokemon w/ the games simply because they have run out of ideas? My opinion on this is we can't judge because we don't know.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
How about Pokémon Platinum and Onyx.. even though thats a bit over the top!

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Yours so annoyed ,

Miss Berlitz . < 3

Did you know, pink used to be a "boys" colour in Victorian times? I watched it on this programme. Colours being for boys or girls is just a social construct. Anyway, isn't Diamond and Pearl pink and blue? Some boys bought Pearl and some girls bought Diamond. I don't really get what you're on about with the Pikachu thing though, I don't think anyone said it should be in one version.

I'm a guy, but I have to agree with Berlitz here. Besides, the "sickeningly cute" pokemon aren't really that strong. And what you need in Pokemon is strong pokemon.

Depends why you play Pokemon. I keep some Pokemon with me not because they're strong, but because I like them.

How about Pokémon Platinum and Onyx.. even though thats a bit over the top!

Yeah, a bit haha. I reckon Platinum could be a name for the 5th gen, though

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
I'd be Pokemon: Don't buy this game becasue we already overdid this franchice to the extreme and more pokemon so we can finaly just kill this franchise because we made a huge mistake releasing 3rd and 4rd gen version

because honestly when 5th gen is released the whole franchise is gonna collaspe..

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
Years
in my opinion the new games should be: remakes, extras and new worlds WITH THE 493 POKEMON---no more pokemon. i think its enough, huh?
by the way, about names... what about pokemon opal and topaz? or, for the remakes (lke FR /LG) dusk gold and dawn silver? (ive heard nintendo has already bought the rights over these names)

Years
hmm i'd like pokemon pink featuring jigglypuff:]
realistically... uhh pokemon darkblue could be interesting but i also like the idea of pokemon sun/moon as updated gold/silver games

Berlitz

The Bewildered Summoner
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
"I'm a boy, but I have to agree with Berlitz here " - What ?

Being a boy or a girl or a transexual doesn't matter . And pokémon don't need to be strong,they need to be what you like, because you can make they strong and unique. As Karen said and I remark as my phisolophy :

"Strong pokémon,weak pokémon . That's onily the selfish perception of people . True champions should win with their favourites. " - Karen, Johto's Elite Four .

You can EV/IV train if you feel the need/like to , or whatsoever , but my Wigglytuff can cause a mental ilness in your Exploud/Sceptile if you wanna know. Doesn't mean that pokémon is cute or strong by what it looks like . If you want the manga , Blues pokémon are all cute and deceive-looking <3, but they're immensly strong and versatille . I follow her lead. (Y)

Still boys mostly dislike Jigglypuffs and many girls do not symphatize with Nidokings .

Oh, the stereotypes of society ....

Yours so amused to see as the world doesn't change ,

Berlitz-ojyou-sama.

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
Good lord, Berlitz. I've never seen so much formatting in my life.

Anyways, on topic, it's gotta be some sort of duality. They could go Pokemon Positive/Negative and work in some sort of magnetic-based legendary Pokemon.

Back