• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planned / Unplanned

Ayselipera

Well after my mom had my sister she got pregnant again a few years later, but then had a miscarriage. Which I guess she was really upset about and that somehow led to a nine year gap between my older sister and I. So I don't know if maybe she was so upset my parents stopped trying or maybe it just took a while? I honestly don't know and I don't want to ask because it's extraordinarily awkward to have these discussions with my parents.

They drift around any sexual discussions to the point where it's weird to ask or tell them the simplest bodily issue. They never even gave me "the talk." So I resorted to the computer for answers at a young age. Which turned into me knowing more then everyone else when I was ten. YAY!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Well, my parents told me that they had me about five years after they got married. That, along with the fact that my parents were settled in this new country and ready for a child mean that I can safely deduce that I was a planned baby. :3

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I think I was unplanned? My mum had me when she was 17. Then my other brother at 21, then my other brother in her early 30's. I'm pretty sure my youngest brother was unplanned. xD;

Years
  • I'm fairly sure I was planned. My parents were married fairly late in their lives (late 20's) and had me almost 2 years later. I never asked for details, however.

Last edited:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • No idea. The only thing I know about my birth is that I was conceived during a lightning storm. Fun.

I think - think being the key word here - that it was kind of planned.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
  • I was unplanned and so were 4 other of my siblings.
    Only one of us was planned and that was my oldest brother. :/

-And by the way Alkaide, your post made me giggle. x3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    > inbeforetheexpirationdate /o/

My dad doesn't remember if I was planned or unplanned baby. I do know that my mother was pregnant with me during their wedding, so I would assume that I was an unplanned baby considering most couples prefer to get married before they go make babies.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Unplanned (mum was seventeen when I was born). But the talks of abortion with her and my grandparents were, apparently, quite short and my mum was not keen of the idea (they encouraged it because she was too young to bear the responsibility). I don't know how close I was to being aborted, but mum said she got very attached to me even before the second trimester so she didn't want to get one.

Unplanned, but eventually wanted.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Both my brother and I were planned. Or I assume I was because I've never heard anything to the contrary and my parents were in their late 20s and married for quite a few years before they had me. But I know my brother was planned since it came up in a conversation somehow. A surprisingly unawkward one though I don't remember what the segue into it was.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I THINK I was planned. I really have no Idea, My parent's anniversary is some amount less than 9 months before my birthday. XD But my parents like to plan ahead too much, so they probably had the wedding planned before me.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure I was planned, I was born 2 years after my parents got married. My mother was 27 and I think my dad was the same age. They got engaged when they were 17.

Back