• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platina or Dawn?

Platina or Dawn?

• Platina

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • Dawn

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    May's personality is not equal to Dawn's. Since Misty's departure, the new female protagonists have their own characteristics that are different from each other. Dawn is more of the girly type, which the writers have improved on from May.

Dawn's actual origins resemble the female character from FireRed and LeafGreen.

Which was a hard thing for me to believe at the time, but the writers have improved the story quality by putting dawn in and I think she has made Ash more mature, therefore improving whole story quality in general. Of course the manga is still the best, but the Pokemon Anime is getting more mature in tiny weeny baby steps. A lot of those baby steps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    May's personality is not equal to Dawn's. Since Misty's departure, the new female protagonists have their own characteristics that are different from each other. Dawn is more of the girly type, which the writers have improved on from May.

Dawn's actual origins resemble the female character from FireRed and LeafGreen.

Thank you for tell me now that I think about Dawn is a more girly type then May.

Last edited:

_cynthia_

the thirsty devil
    Years
    dawn had her piplup, like, decades ago and it still did not evolve.
    platina's piplup had already evolved into empoleon.
    and the tv version is SO boring, especially team rocket.
    every episode went like this:
    steal pokemon
    found by ash and co.
    beaten by ash and co.
    sent flying by pikachu/ some other pokemon
    what a bad feeling~
    not once are they successful...
    everyone should choose platina.

pong08

Years
    dawn had her piplup, like, decades ago and it still did not evolve.
    platina's piplup had already evolved into empoleon.
    and the tv version is SO boring, especially team rocket.
    every episode went like this:
    steal pokemon
    found by ash and co.
    beaten by ash and co.
    sent flying by pikachu/ some other pokemon
    what a bad feeling~
    not once are they successful...
    everyone should choose platina.
    which is more of a reason why the manga is more cooler because the trainers ACTUALLY have cool pokemon!!

come on Ash! You should have an Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Floatzel, Gliscor, and Pikachu(The only exception of not evolving) in your freaken TEAM!!!

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    It is hinted that he'll get an Infernape and Staraptor by the end. But Floatzel may end up like Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Pikachu.

At least Dawn has a Mamoswine now, which may be her only powerhouse. If Buneary evolves, or if Pachirisu ever gets an evolution in the next generation, but they won't be tough-looking.

Years
    When ash or somebody else gets a new pokemon it takes many episodes for them to evolve either that or they don't evolve at all
    Platina's 2 pokemon already evolved to their final stage

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    When ash or somebody else gets a new pokemon it takes many episodes for them to evolve either that or they don't evolve at all
    Platina's 2 pokemon already evolved to their final stage

I think the anime has a bias in favorof unevolved Pokemon and a bias against evolved Pokemon and A lot of people say that the Pokemon do not evolve so soon because they want to give a message to children that you do not have to be big to win which is true, however this is still bending the rules of Pokemon there are other ways that you can show that a unevolved Pokemon can win against a evolved Pokemon by having them battle a evolved one before it evolves or have short person be a main character to show that small people or creatures can be successful. They also made most of notable the girls characters in the anime coordinators as well which I consider a gender stereotype. I think they also have a pro bias toward Red of the Generation I video games since Ash was based off of him and he was used in ever season of Pokemon. (And yes I am aware that Ash is in Pokemon mangas as well.) By the way Ash's Pikachu is in second stage evolution so it is not considered an unevolved Pokemon like Dawn's Piplup or most of the other Pokemon traveling with them.

Bias not only exist in the anime, but in this manga although there are not as many bias as there are in the anime because they made One example of bias in this manga is that they made all. They made the male protagonist of each arc to be the only ones to make it to the sem-finals in the tournament and no female characters or even the male characters who are named after the second version made it to the semi-finals. They could have mixed the characters together and still Emerald still be the winner. Do not get me wrong I still like this manga and really enjoy reading it.

Platina battles both gyms and complete in contest where as Dawn from the anime completes in contest which is really stereotypical on Dawn's part. I think that the anime need to show that there are some girls who love to battle gyms and want to compete in the Pokemon league. I hope they do consider that if a fifth generation video games comes out.

I am not bashing the anime or this manga if you think that. I am just stating facts and I have a right to make critism because I do approve of everything in my favorite animes, mangas, video games, tvshow, novels, etc.

Last edited:

pong08

Years
    I think the anime has a bias in favorof unevolved Pokemon and a bias against evolved Pokemon and A lot of people say that the Pokemon do not evolve so soon because they want to give a message to children that you do not have to be big to win which is true, however this is still bending the rules of Pokemon there are other ways that you can show that a unevolved Pokemon can win against a evolved Pokemon by having them battle a evolved one before it evolves or have short person be a main character to show that small people or creatures can be successful. They also made most of notable the girls characters in the anime coordinators as well which I consider a gender stereotype. I think they also have a pro bias toward Red of the Generation I video games since Ash was based off of him and he was used in ever season of Pokemon. (And yes I am aware that Ash is in Pokemon mangas as well.) By the way Ash's Pikachu is in second stage evolution so it is not considered an unevolved Pokemon like Dawn's Piplup or most of the other Pokemon traveling with them.

Bias not only exist in the anime, but in this manga although there are not as many bias as there are in the anime because they made One example of bias in this manga is that they made all. They made the male protagonist of each arc to be the only ones to make it to the sem-finals in the tournament and no female characters or even the male characters who are named after the second version made it to the semi-finals. They could have mixed the characters together and still Emerald still be the winner. Do not get me wrong I still like this manga and really enjoy reading it.

Platina battles both gyms and complete in contest where as Dawn from the anime completes in contest which is really stereotypical on Dawn's part. I think that the anime need to show that there are some girls who love to battle gyms and want to compete in the Pokemon league. I hope they do consider that if a fifth generation video games comes out.

I am not bashing the anime or this manga if you think that. I am just stating facts and I have a right to make critism because I do approve of everything in my favorite animes, mangas, video games, tvshow, novels, etc.

And let's face it.... unevolved are more cute-looking (well most of them... bidoof....AHRRGH!!!). which makes it more fit for KIDS.... I'm not sure if that didn't even make sense. Because when I was ten years old, one of the first things that I questioned before Team Rocket's stupidity was this: Why doesn't Ash evolve his pokemon? And yeah, I know the whole thing... you know.. oh we just like the way you are...NEVER CHANGE! But I still could not understand it. I was a special one. The pokemon anime skeptic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I also question why the majority of Ash Pokemon has not evolved and they either. since I when the new episodes aired in 1999 on kids WB. I really did not question this is the first part of the Kanto saga when it aired on Fox in 1998 because it the series just started and one of his Charmander and Caterpie did evolved. Most people must think that all kids do not notice this because I myself was a child back then.

Last edited:
    Back