• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum compatability???

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    Im wondering what happens if when a platinum version is battling a diamond/pearl version and giratina origin form is sent out. Will giratina have the origin form appearance on the d/p screen and same stats or will it look like land forme with origin form stats?

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Good question...
    I guess you won't be able to carry it with the platinum orb but let's wait and see what happens.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    If you attempt to battle D/P, Rotom/Giratina/Shaymin change back to their regular forms.

Years
    Yeah, Serebii.net said if you battle on PBR or DP with origin/sky forme shaymin, etc they'll just go back to their regular formes cause the old games don't have the data for them.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45787

In this thead, they find that WiFi battles and Union room you can't, even against another Platinum, but in local Wireless battles, you can. They just show the normal Rotom/Giratina/Shaymin forms, as the new sprites aren't programmed into D/P.

Hello? The People of Smogonare quite reliable on this, Serebii isn't the Pokegod. They've already found all the Move Tutor moves of all the Fully-Evolved Pokemon. Now they're working on the NFE ones.

I'll test it with Skymin right now, I don't have an Oritina. I'm 99% sure that whatever the result for Skymin ends up being is also the result for Oritina, though.

Platinum as the host: Skymin stays Skymin. Shows Skymin sprite on Platinum, Hedgehog sprite on Diamond. Takes not-very-effective damage from a Fighting attack. Wow, that was unexpected. I thought it'd fail for sure.

Diamond as the host: Skymin stays Skymin, again.

So that proves that there are no compatibility issues between D/P and Platinum's alternate forms. They appear to the D/P player as their regular sprites, but stats and typing are that of their new forms.

Looks like GameFreak just hates wi-fi players for whatever reason. What the ****, GayFreak?

Back