• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    Okay, so two friends and myself decided to all do a nuzlocke challenge on Platinum, we have a private facebook group and we intend on posting our comics and stories in it to compare with each other. All is well. I go in to my very recently purchased and completed platinum, send all the poke's i want to my pearl version and try to start the game. I went to the main menu and it said 'The save file has corrupted, last save point will be loaded' so I went into the other main menu, the one with Giratina, and press up + select + B like your supposed to to delete data. It asks twice if im sure, i select yes each time and after that it says 'Deleting saved data, do not switch power off..' then the screen goes white and nothing happens. I've left it there, turned it off, tried again and still all i have is my old file. Obviously i cant start a new game because i wont be able to save with another file existing.

Oh and another thing, i bought this game off eBay, it was still in the plastic wrapping and everything but in the DS menu the title is 'ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER THQ' - What the hell does that mean? and could it be whats affecting my game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GoryGorey.

Okay things just took a turn for the weird! I decided to go into my platinum and save the game again so it had fresh data to delete, i thought it may work. I check my pokemon (i assumed i would have had all the crappy ones i traded from pearl to get the good ones from platinum before i deleted. I check and in my party i have:
    Poliwag - LVL 1, i traded that from pearl.
    Gastrodon - LVL 28, i traded that from pearl.
    Togekiss - LVL 34, i traded that TO pearl but it is still in my party, holding the same item as it always was.
    Luxray - LVL 48 - same deal as Togekiss
    Porygon-Z- LVL 48 - same thing again
    and finally Giratina - LVL 47 which is pretty much the whole reason i bothered trading to pearl to keep the pokemon i wanted.

So i start up pearl on another DS and in my party i have all of the pokemon i traded from Platinum - gallade, infernape, porygon-z, luxray, giratina and togekiss. I accidentally duplicated 4 pokemon. What is going on!?!?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oh and another thing, i bought this game off eBay, it was still in the plastic wrapping and everything but in the DS menu the title is 'ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER THQ' - What the hell does that mean? and could it be whats affecting my game.
    The main problem is that you bought it from ebay. That's not the legit game cartiridge but rather an 'AceKard' - google it but yeah, that'll explain the save file problems and so forth you are having because the real game would not have such issues, simple as that. (The real game will say 'Pokemon ____' on the menu for instance, not 'ALEX RIDER...' (etc) which is the tipoff for it being an AceKard.)

If you have any other questions please use the Help thread sticky at the top of this section. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back