• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum - Main game or sidegame?

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    I'm planning on using Platinum as a side game. I may end up trading a few Pokemon over here and there and maybe do some temporary trade-overs, but other than that, Diamond will remain my main game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I plan on beating Platinum without the assistance of trading, and then trade everything good over from Pearl to Platinum. (Mainly because I plan on starting a new game on Pearl)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    When I heard about Diamond and Pearl, I was excited and really wanted them. Now I have the same kind of excitement for Platinum, of course, I plan on beating the game. Then, it's just gonna turn out the same as any other Pokémon game I buy: First I'll get excited about, then I'll buy it, then I'll say I'll never get bored of it, next, I'll play it, then beat it, and last but not least...get bored of it...:\
    It's the same old thing with me and the Pokémon games unfortunately. :\
    Though I'm still excited, what I mentioned above is what it will turn out to be. :\

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    When I heard about Diamond and Pearl, I was excited and really wanted them. Now I have the same kind of excitement for Platinum, of course, I plan on beating the game. Then, it's just gonna turn out the same as any other Pokémon game I buy: First I'll get excited about, then I'll buy it, then I'll say I'll never get bored of it, next, I'll play it, then beat it, and last but not least...get bored of it...:\
    It's the same old thing with me and the Pokémon games unfortunately. :\
    Though I'm still excited, what I mentioned above is what it will turn out to be. :\

Hence why the Buizels in your pictures are so sad >_<

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    My bro ruined my Pearl game by playing it when I wasn't at home. He even went through the E4 and the Mt. Coronet event without my consent! He didn't let me look at him playing MY OWN ROM when I was home from school... This is so not fair.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm planning to make Platinum my main game, and when I get my hands on my friend's DS, I'll trade all my Pokemon to Platinum and I might even start Pearl over...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I should really buy a new DS, since my DS (original, not Lite) is getting old now.

That being said, I'm still debating about which to use as the main game.
    The movement/Surf in DP is much slower compared to Plat, but Platinum does have a nerfed ("balanced") Hypnosis/Sleep, so DP would have a slight edge in battle...

Back