• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    T_________T
    I only need Gengar now =/
    And just have to evolve Ralts.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I'm also using a rom.

So I can't trade Haunter ._.
    Argh... I completely spaced that you have to trade Haunter in order for it to evolve. -.-

Well, I suppose the only option is to look for that blasted trainer.
    I'm very sorry that there really isn't any other option for you. If I see Gengar during a battle, I will be sure to alert you right away.

Good luck, Postman.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    According to Serebii, insertion of ANY GBA game will result in Gengar being in the room with eyes at the Old Chateau, similar to DP.

~T_S
    Yes, but I don't believe his emulator has the ability to do so. I'm not sure, as I haven't really been into the whole emulation and ROM scene in quite some time, perhaps it's possible now, however; the last time I checked one couldn't do that.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Can you still not buy Choice Specs n Platinum?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Since this is Platinum-related I shall ask it here.

Does anybody here who is US-based know of any websites of shops that I can visit that ship to the UK? As I want to buy the US version of Platinum so I don;t have to wait months before the PAL version gets released.

If anybody could PM me some places, I'd be truly thankful.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    ~*HazaBaraFatale*~: Took me long enough to spell your name. You can get the Choice Specs in Celestic Town, just like Diamond and Pearl. As for buying them, I think not.

Not to ignore you, Deano, but I have no idea. x_x

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Does anyone know how soon you can find and catch Rotom? Do you still have to wait until after you beat the E4?

from what i read over at Serebii, you can get him before the E4 since he's now in the expanded sinnoh dex. Someone with the game already could confirm, mine's still a couple weeks away.

Years
    Has there been improvements on the ingame A.I. at all?

I haven't bin challenged really since Emerald's Battle Fontier. And now that Platinum will get its own Frontier...

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    The A.I. has increased o_o
    On everything, except wild Pokemon. (I think >_<)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Can anyone confirm Hypnosis's accuracy drop in Platinum?
    I can confirm this for you.
    I actually didn't even realize this until I thought to check my Hoothoot, and sure enough Hypnosis, or saiminjutsu, has been dropped back to 60.
    I'm not quite sure how this is going to play out in online battles. :o
    (If you wanted a picture, I apologize because I don't use a rom. I'm sure Postman can get you one if you wish.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back