• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Wi-Fi - My General Wi-Fi Team

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    YouLiekMe? - The lead that no physical sweeper wants to face.

Swampert, Impish Nature.
    Item: Leftovers.
    EV Spread: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Atk.
    Moves: Stealthrock, Earthquake, Waterfall, Avalanche.
    Role: This Pokemon has been given pure defensive evs so it can wall Pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Ninjask switchers and other physical Pokemon. It can usually survive Azelfs Explosion and is a generally good lead. Its IVs are unknown but they seem pretty darn solid. It usually doesn't outspeed anything which doubles Avalanches power, too.

Sakura - That annoying special sponge.

Blissey, Bold Nature.
    Item: Leftovers
    EV Spread: 252 Def, 80 SpAtk, 176 SpDef
    Moves: Flamethrower, Icebeam, Toxic, Softboiled.
    Role: This Blissey takes on an more offensive role, using two amazingly powerful moves and also toxicing the opponent before she dies. She can survive a few physical Pokémon but will eventually fall to Pokemon such as SD-Lucario. If I see an offensive Pokémon then I am liable to send out Swampert which usually doesn't die at the start of a match.

Jirachi - Dracometeor to Garchomps face.

Jirachi, Timid Nature.
    Item: Choice Specs
    EV Spread: 252 SpAtk, 176 Speed, 80 Hp
    Moves: Psychic, Flashcannon, Grassknot, Dracometeor.
    Role: This Jirachi is purely special and has max IVs in special attack and speed. It can survive an Earthquake from alot of physical Pokemon and can then strike back with moves such as stab Psychic. It's a Nightsky Jirachi so it has Dracometeor. Thunderbolt isn't required as Gyarados usually gets owned off Psychic anyway. Yeah, it can be walled by Blissey fairly easily so I am considering giving it Trick to annoy those special sponges.

Cynthia - Purely physical? Are you crazy?!

Salamence, Adamant Nature.
    Item: Choice Band / Life Orb
    EV Spread: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Brick Break.
    Role: This Salamence is the ultimate Blissey killer. It always outspeeds Blissey and Tyranitar and almost always one hit kos them with Brick Break. It has max IVs in speed and almost max IVs in attack. (403 Attack, 299 Speed)

Flare - Wait, this Pokémon isn't OU!

Flareon, Jolly Nature.
    Item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    EV Spread: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 SDef
    Moves: Firefang, Bite, Superpower, Return.
    Role: This Flareon hits the opponent with powerful moves such as Superpower. It is pretty much awesome, even though it isn't OU. With a Choice Scarf it can turn into the ultimate revenge killer but with a Choice Band it can one hit ko alot of sweepers. It has max IVs in attack and speed, although if it fails to KO something then the chances are that it's going to die.

Raigetsu - Finally a Pokémon that makes some sense...

Jolteon, Timid Nature.
    Item: Choice Specs
    EV Spread: 252 SAtk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Shadowball, Hidden Power, Signal Beam
    Role: This counters my teams usual weakness to physical water-types. It can own Gyarados and usually outspeeds them since it has max IVs in speed and special attack. This Jolteon is a late game Pokemon since it can be walled by Blissey. I usually send this out as my last Pokemon or I sometimes switch it out to absorb an otherwise annoying electrical attack. I think its hidden power is Ice. It has max IVs in special attack and speed.

-----

There you have it, folks. This is my general team. It's taken down novice uber teams, plenty of OU teams and I have won about 20 matches with this particular team and I have only lost twice. I even beat a Pokesaving noob who had a Starmie with Water Spout with this team! :D

Oh yeah, I will probably be posting my other teams on a later date. I am currently training a pure NU team, a pure UU team, a pure OU team and a pure Uber team. I've got two boxes of EV trained Pokémon which is about 60-62 but I hope to have 70-80 by next month.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    First of all, you want a MixPert Swampert lead over your current one. Has the same coverage basically and works better.

Swampert@ Leftovers
    Nature : Relaxed
    EV : 240 HP / 212 Def / 52 SpAtk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Roar

Blissey wanted Seismic Toss over either Flamethrower or Ice Beam, without it you auto-lose to stuff with a Sub =( Four Choice users is way too much, it givers your opponent a chance to switch in and set-up while you are locked in something. You don't really have something that can clean-up lategame so I'd recommend you switch your current Mence to DDMence.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Fang

To be honest, Flareon isn't doing that much and is basically adding another Ground weak and it's too slow with and really doesn't pack enough power with it's low power moves (Bite, Fire Fang). You should replace it, consider maybe something like Gengar...

EDIT : Since Tinhead Bruce decided to point this out, since Nightsky Jirachi isn't easy to get maybe leave it and get a Standard Gengar set.

Gengar@ Life Orb
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 252 SpAtk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Mixape destroys alone the whole team, among the two items to Flareon I to your place would insert Choice Scarf to try to revnge-kill it.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    4 Choice item users...Generally not a good idea, because you're going to find yourself switching out an awful lot and it makes our team very prediction reliant.

Flareon does absolutely nothing for this team, and Scarfing something that slow is very lol. I'd replace it for a reliable revenge killer, something that checks DD Mence, which outspeeds your whole team after one boost and pretty much 6-0's you.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    How would a Mixape destroy my entire team? It wouldn't get a chance to Grassknot my Swampert, HP Ice my Salamence and Jirachi can outspeed it with 299 speed and choice scarf which boosts Jirachi's speed a further x0.5.

Also, 4 choice items? I usually have life orb on Salamence. I decided to replace Salamence with DragonDance Tyranitar until I can get a DragonDance Salamence. Yeah, Tyranitar would get owned by Mixape. I know but who's stupid enough to stay in on a Mixape?

Pokedra, what do you mean on the topic of my Jirachi? This team is already made and I already have the Jirachi. If you think the special choice is a bad idea then I still have my Physical Choice which is ideally the same, just Jolly nature with attack evs and cool moves like Ice Punch.

Updates:

- Mixpert lead as suggested by Pokedra, EV trained it yesturday.
    - Flareon repced with Gallade. Not sure if I should go for ChoiceScarf or LifeOrb with DD. (EVs on it are already done and so is Scarf'd moveset but I have SD TM)
    - Salamence temporarily switched for DD-Tyranitar.
    - Blissey has had Flamethrower removed for SeismicToss.

@lance, what does that have to do with my team?

Back