• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Play to Befriend a Pokémon!

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I finally got the Espeon. X.X

Now all we need is the Global Link to be up.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Urgh, what a joke. Why is there no full-screen option? I've lost 4 times in a row because my cursor has drifted out of the game screen so my paddle stops. Terrible design flaw, especially when it makes you lose about 5 blocks away from finishing the last level.

EDIT: Having played this game about 5 or 6 times now and failed for the above reason EVERY SINGLE time, I can safely say this is a pretty appalling game. It's bad enough that Nintendo/Gamefreak pretty much force us to buy 2 games instead of just one if we want to get the full experience, now they want us to play an awful, frustrating game to get the Pokemon we want.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    (I was going to create this thread earlier :P)

But yeah, I tried this and it was really hard, it took atleast 10 attempts, no joke, I don't know what it was, possibily the lack of lives only having 3 and the speed, but it was really hard, and I won it eventually, hoping for an Umbreon, I got an Umbreon. I was really happy that I didn't have to play it again!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    These games are usually pretty easy for me. I just need to use my mouse since a touchpad is ridiculous for this.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Honestly, once you get the hang of it, it isn't that hard. I only lost two lives, as well as gaining one, so I finished with two lives. :)

Anyway, I got Espeon because it is my favourite Eevelution, and I think it's Dream World ability is amazing! :D

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I finally completed the game and got my Espeon, so thankfully I don't need to go back and do it again. I hope obtaining future special Dream World Pokemon won't require you to beat similar minigames, because that one sucked, and it's pretty cheeky expecting us to win at Pong when I actually bought both Black and White because I wanted to play Pokemon, not Pong.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I finally completed the game and got my Espeon, so thankfully I don't need to go back and do it again. I hope obtaining future special Dream World Pokemon won't require you to beat similar minigames, because that one sucked, and it's pretty cheeky expecting us to win at Pong when I actually bought both Black and White because I wanted to play Pokemon, not Pong.

I actually like it, more challenge! Also I doubt they are going to just give out more amazing Pokemon to us for nothing, that'd be too easy.

I still can't win! I got to the last level and there was one ice block left and the ball fell and I lost! Grr this is frustrating!

Edit: YESSSS!!! I finally won and got myself a Vaporeon :)

Last edited:

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    I haven't had a chance to visit the site, but I'm confused. Does it have a random chance of generating one eeveelution, or do you get to pick which one you want?

Years
    Hahah I ended up getting Jolteon ^.^
    After spending a little over half an hour trying to beat the game I just decided to choose whatever it gave me. I'm happy with Jolteon, one of the nicer evolutions.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    I'm probably going to choose either Leafeon or Glaceon, since y'know those rocks you need to evolve them aren't in B&W.

The game is killer by the way. I can't see my mouse arrow and it annoys me to no end.
    Ugh, I know, right? I always drag my mouse now below the screen before the start of each level and then move it up just a bit, because, apparently, I naturally push upwards while playing? It's screwed me over a few times. I think I'm just going to wait for a mouse before trying again...

And I thought there were the rocks in Black and White? There's the icy one in Twist Mountain and the grass one in Pinwheel forest, I think.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Umbreon & Espeon are the hardest to get considering they dont evolve via stone or Level up at a certain area, and when I was playing because it was so difficult I was just hoping with everything that it would be an Umbreon because I didn't want to have to play it again at all and luckily I was really surprised it was an Umbreon, maybe because I collected the most Dark point things out of all :)

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    AH IHRGLIERHGELTIHTILGH. I just made it to the fourth level and lost with, like, seven tiles left. FFBGERJLGHELHELHEGLBTE. And now I can't see to even get to the second level. Screw this game; it's ridiculous. =/

Edit: Got to the fourth level again and had collected mostly fire orbs up to that point...and then proceeded to lose my three remaining lives on that level. And then I got there again with one life left...and lost it becaues I accidently collected a speed up orb, so the ball fell faster than I could notice it was there. =/

Last edited:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, I played the game a couple days ago, and after getting frustrated at how poorly designed the game was (I doubt there'll be more of these, thankfully, since this reflects the Japanese promotion and we actually get to influence our result!) I finally got... Jolteon. Well, not what I wanted but I was too frazzled to try again so I just went "whatever" and saved. But then I came back after hearing it hadn't saved for some people. And, lo and behold, it didn't for me either. I switched browsers, played the game again, and managed to get Espeon this time. Espeon's my favorite Eeveelution and has the best ability of them, I think. Umbreon's a close second but Inner Focus just doesn't do it for me.

And since the topic came up, yeah, there are Mossy and Icy Rocks in Unova. You run right by the Mossy Rock while chasing Plasma in the forest, and the Icy Rock is down in the depths of Twist Mountain but can be accessed any season, I believe.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    I haven't had a chance to visit the site, but I'm confused. Does it have a random chance of generating one eeveelution, or do you get to pick which one you want?
    Neither, actually. When you destroy certain blocks, orbs fall that correspond with an Eeveelution. At the end you get whatever Eeveelution you got the most blocks for.

Levels 1 & 2 have Flareon, Jolteon & Vaporeon
    Level 3 adds Espeon & Umbreon
    Level 4 adds Leafeon and Glaceon

It sounds horribly unfair to the later ones, but in the later levels there's a better chance of orbs dropping. In level 4, if you want anything but Leafy & Glacy, you'll have to play a merry game of Dodgeball at the same time you play Pong.

@Sammu: Remember, the Japanese had to play a game to get these, too. I'd much rather play something I control rather than a maze game where you can't even control what direction your Pokemon goes.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    Hey! I decided to give it a go one more time this morning and I finally beat the Blanket! And got Flareon! I'm so happy that I think I'll wear my yellow scarf around my neck so that it kinda looks like the fluffy part around Flareon's neck. And no one will understand except me. (:

But in conclusion, poor design like people said. And the only advice I can give everyone else is to keep trying; you'll eventually get lucky/better. =/

Back