• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Player character designs and customisation

Years
  • What do you think of them?? Personally I think the male character is a bit uninteresting but the female one is utterly adorable.
    I'm also very glad character customisation is back, it's what I lived for in XY, though that was mostly because I wasn't a huge fan of the default designs (though they have grown on me). I really think being able to make the character look more like yourself really adds to the experience and makes it so much more personal. I only got the game yesterday since I live in Europe and so I've only just arrived at Akala island so I haven't seen many clothing options yet but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    So far it's definitely a step up from XY, which is great. I haven't visited all the stores so I don't know exactly what kind of a variety to expect; I am kinda sad that it seems like you can't get long-sleeved things like coats but that's okay, I'll just wait for DPP remakes for that. But I love that they've added hair accessories, glasses, and the option to take off your hat completely! I hope customization continues to return game after game after game and improves each time!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I really love it so far. Firstly, you're avatar is not a stumpy, shorter version of itself. Secondly, loads more options for clothes than X and Y. Option to go hatless and have hair accessories is cute. Glasses are cute. I'd like to try out the dye shops in the festival plaza, as I can't seem to find any cool colors (blue, purple, green) to wear as a girl.

Years
  • I do like how there's more options and how some clothing isn't gender-locked this time around, notably some of the shoes and hats. The addition of glasses also adds to the improvement in that you're now able to nearly truly have your trainer look like you.

The problem I see is the colours. Some are version-exclusive, meaning the only way to get the colours your version doesn't have is to use berries at the dye stalls in Festival Plaza.

Back