• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing with just 1 Pokemon

Years
  • After I completed my first game of Diamond I played the game through using only a Starly and it's evolutions and I think it was around level 90 by the end of the E4. That's the only one I've done this gen (I did several in R/S/E). For those who want to do these type of playthroughs, remember that grinding is a major part of success and, yes, it does get old quick but it is a nice challenge.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I beat Pearl with only Infernape first time, I find it a lot easier then training up a whole party. I've also beaten it only training Torterra, I haven't actually tried soloing it with another Pokemon xD. It sounds fun, just hasn't entered my head :S

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • I did this when I was younger and R/B had just came out. I remember it being extremely easy, my Venusaur's Razor Leaf destroyed everything, and if I ran out of PP Cut sufficed. It really wasn't that much fun. That Ditto run sounds very interesting though, maybe I will try that someday.

+

..-. ..- -.-. -.- -.-- --- ..-
    Years
  • One Yellow cartridge. One Nidoran. One hundred levels of pain.

Yes, I beat Yellow with a Nidoran. It was Lv. 40 before I'd left Pewter City. I read somewhere that pressing "B" when evolving until Lv. 100 would get you a Mew. X_X

Last edited:

zerwey

:3
    Years
  • its zerwey not zerway xP

also, my infernape's at level 91 and only in Victory Road... :D

His moveset actually covers for his weaknesses -- he has Grass Knot and ThunderPunch.

Mason69

Sleeping...
    Years
  • Passing all the game wih only one must be though, and i wouldn't like, i like to have a lot o f pokémon and evolve them.
    But congratulation to you, because it mustn't be easy.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • its actually very easy to beat the game with only 1-2 pokes since you will be very high leveled in the end of the game, and if you have a team of like5-6 pokes chances are you will be underleveled and have a really hard time against the E4

Vie

Years
  • I never do that. I currently have 5 pokemon with me, all at the same level. works best for me.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I did it with an Elekid not to long ago it was really really fun difficult and fun i would do it and i plan to do it again when i get platinum i send all my pearl pokemon over and do it with probably with Something harder maybe a quillfish

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
  • I tried this once back in my friends Gold version. The thing is that he had a saved game in which he had over 100 hours of playtime, so i couldn't delete his file. I selected new game just to play a little bit, but I ended up getting up to the seventh badge without saving the game once. I used only Typhlosion for the entire run.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • It's really not that hard to beat D/P with only one Pokémon. I managed to do it with a Skitty and some HM slaves. :/

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My Post.....

Easy matter,i played all the games with just the starter. o.0
    As for Diamond,i finished it in one day,and i had Torterra.I end up with a torterra level 70 in the end(even after the battle zone)

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

Back