• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playstation3, nintendo rev.,or xbox360

360, Rev.,or PS3

• xbox 360

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • PS3

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Nintento Rev.

Votes: 38 61.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    My friend told me that Nintendo rev. was gunna be called Nintendo Wee or something like that! I don't know about that. Is that true?

Anyway, I think that PS3 is gunna be better than all of em. I've played X box 360 and it is pretty cool, but i can't wait till Halo 3 comes out! So maybe when I play Halo 3 when it comes out, I'll like X-box 360 better! But till them, i thing ps3 is gunna be MUCH better!

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    For Free? Yea...PS3 hands down, if they're charging as much as they are for a PS3 when they got stiff competition with Nintendo and Microsoft, the PS3 must be one bad boy so obviously I'd take that. But if I had to buy one on the spot it would be the Nintendo Wii. Easier on the pocket book and it looks really fun, especially with that new Zelda game. And I'll wait until the price goes down for the PS3 because I have patience and I've never been much of an X-Box guy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Nintendo Wii is gonna kick *** and take names! Can't wait for its relase.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I'll get a Wii just to see the controller. The thing made me laugh my a-- off.

As for the ps3, if it turns out that the 'tabloids' are true, I'll go with the higher priced one for the features.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I will pick the Nintendo Revolution. I'm a real fan when it comes to Nintendo and PS3 doesn't llok that good. But the Xbox 360 has a new game that I want but it comes out in 2007 (another Gran theft auto game). Its only for the Xbox 360.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Dark Quill

Shadow of a demon
    Years
    Buying a PS3 will be a waste of your money, and you know it. No good games for it, the cost isn't worth it, you don't even buy the games for it, just the rights to play it (which means you can't trade them in or sell them or whatever. That's right, Son'y being stingy again), and they have to steal ideas from Nintendo to sell their rubbish. And they stole the idea of two different hard-drives from Microsoft, but no one likes Microsoft now, do they?

You know why they've got a tilt-controller now and not their stupid boomerang? Because THEY invented the boomerang. And anything Sony makes is utter crap. So they had to get an idea... Nintendo always has the best ideas, so of course they decided to steal from them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5PY9CS9TA

And there you have it. The PS3's stupid controller is matched by an old Gameboy Color game, before the PS3 is even released.

Sony hates you and wants you to spend all your money on their expensive and non-durable crap. Fun anyone? How about no.

What are all the special features of the consoles?
    The 360 has the power of a good computer (though there are those of us who've had better since before its release, so no one cares)
    The Wii has the magic wand, and the downloadable games.
    And the PS3 has it's over-inflated price. That is so cool </sarc>

Last edited:

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Dark Quill said:
    Buying a PS3 will be a waste of your money, and you know it. No good games for it, the cost isn't worth it, you don't even buy the games for it, just the rights to play it (which means you can't trade them in or sell them or whatever. That's right, Son'y being stingy again), and they have to steal ideas from Nintendo to sell their rubbish. And they stole the idea of two different hard-drives from Microsoft, but no one likes Microsoft now, do they?

You know why they've got a tilt-controller now and not their stupid boomerang? Because THEY invented the boomerang. And anything Sony makes is utter crap. So they had to get an idea... Nintendo always has the best ideas, so of course they decided to steal from them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5PY9CS9TA

And there you have it. The PS3's stupid controller is matched by an old Gameboy Color game, before the PS3 is even released.

Sony hates you and wants you to spend all your money on their expensive and non-durable crap. Fun anyone? How about no.

What are all the special features of the consoles?
    The 360 has the power of a good computer (though there are those of us who've had better since before its release, so no one cares)
    The Wii has the magic wand, and the downloadable games.
    And the PS3 has it's over-inflated price. That is so cool </sarc>

Actually, the PS3 is stronger than the 360.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(seventh_generation)

Years
    I'd go with Xbox 360. I'm not sure why, but something about it catches my eye. I haven't gotten one yet, but I plan on doing so. I'm going to reopen this poll also.

Years
    Even if the Wii will let you download games from the good ol' days, Sony and the PS3 WILL STILL WIN!!

Sony has the older gamer fanbase that they appeal to and third party company support.

If Nintendo realized what they did back in 1991, they would have never signed that SNES-CD rom deal with Sony and stab them in the back.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I think Nintendo has a really really great chance of taking the number 1 spot again. And here's my reasons...

360:
    There aren't all that many good games on the 360, and more or less nothing new from the XBox (better graphics and that's about it). If it's just more or less the same then it's not going to go far. Everyone goes on about the great great graphics it has, well the PSP has better graphics then the DS but the PSP is getting it's butt kicked on the handheld sells. On top of that unless they got Japan backing them they'll never end up at the number 1 spot.

PS3:
    Three words "It's that freaken $600 dollar price tag" (ok so it wasn't three XD). How many PC members will buy a PS3 with that price tag? Infact how many PS2 owners will buy a PS3 with that price tag. I don't care how old you are, $600 dollars is no drop in the bucket ($60-70 dollar games, and a few other things like controller or two, maybe some cables and so on). With the price of the PS3 around here that's like 226 gals of gas. With the gas prices the way they are teens (that's in school and College) will be looking at $600 for a game system or $600 for gas and food. It's not low enough for people to go "Well I just played the PS3 so I think I'm going to get it".

"Sony has the older gamer fanbase"
    I think they do (I do own more PS2 games then GC games). But them old gamers grew up on something, and I bet it wasn't something with "Sony" in it's name. When I was a kid I had an SNES and a Sega Genesis. And I bet many of them old gamers would love to play a game they had when they was a kid, games they got and played all day on a Saturday. And can Sony offer them the old games they played?

Wii:
    I'd like to know 5 major downsides to the Wii (no one start on the name XD). It's graphics maybe, it's lack of HD (yea that's going to kill everyone), anything else?
    To me the Wii has a big fighting chance to be the king of this gen. The price is going to be $200-250, far better then the $600 for the PS3 and $400 for the 360. Parents will love that price when they go out and buy Christmas gifts for their kids. And them teens that had to pick a PS3 or gas won't have to make such a big choice when it comes to gas or the Wii. With that low price tag people might buy a PS3 and a Wii or a 360 and a Wii, it might be a second system everyone buys (even the Sony and Microsoft hot shots said buy their system and the Wii). And then there's the controller, that alone will pull in tons on PC FPS people. Then you got the sword fighting, and sports, driving and lots of others. That system will put you right there in the game. Right now you click buttons to play an FPS or swing a sword and so on. That controller will have you there shooting, and there swinging like you were right there in the game. The controller is strange enough to pull in people just wanting to try it. And then you got the Virtual Console (being able to download old games), who here has an old NES/SNES/N64 and you wish you had this and that game for it? I'd love to go back and play some of the games I rented on my SNES years and years ago. Well once the Wii comes out I'll be able to do so. And I'm sure almost anyone that posts in this thread that had an NES/SNES/N64 wishes they could play games they rented long ago, or played over at a friend's house.

There are so many selling points to the Wii that it might out do the other two. The controller, the price, the Virtual Console, the gameplay, the games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc), heck even the size might help.
    I'm not saying "Nintendo is so going to own the other two systems" I'm getting the PS3 and 360. I'm just saying Sony and Microsoft offers nothing new, they offer nothing new with a jacked up price tag. How many plays games because of the graphics? Don't most of us play for gameplay? You won't find better gameplay then what you'll find on the Wii. The Sony/Microsoft fanboys out here will go "My system will so own all the others.", I say ok, but lets see you back that up with some reasons why it will beat all the others.

Years
    I pretty much agree with every thing positive said abou the Wii. I can't think of anything to add. I think the poll says it all.
    Thanks Arcanine, for once again (About the 50th time! LOL) telling us why the Wii is awsome.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    uh...after listening to the recent posts INCLUDING the first one....guys and girls,...I'm pretty sure the first guy said "if you got one of these game system for free,which would you choose?"*for the people talking about prices....^_^ no negativity...*

anyway,either Ps3 or Rev.(no darn way you'll see ME normally calling it the Wii...)Ps3 for the...I dunno...I think they're making a FF7 remake..aren't they?...and the Rev. for of course,.....SSBbrawl,and many other games I heard of...

and by the way,when does the Revolution come out?....and the games for it?....

Last edited:

Sora X

Keyblade master
    Years
    Actually now the sony company is making ps3'sfor 800$ and selling them for
    around 500-550$ (its a good present for X-mas)

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    ok,yea,but I still wanna know when the Revolution came out...I didn't watch E3... and if you say something stupid about it you're a nerd..it was boring...

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    PS3.
    Not only because I've followed the Playstation all my life, but because of one key reason: the remake of Final Fantasy VII...*love*

Another reason: the Rev. is like the DS--only good for games built for it. If they manage to make a whole lot of innovative games that are simply brilliant (other than fishing--that seems to be the only thing I can think of that can use just a remote control), I might get curious and buy it, but I'm too into average gameplay.

For the 360...well, it's pretty much the same as PS3 but has better graphics and the controller is too large for my small little hands ._.;

No hard feelings n_n

Back