• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please sign this petition about the Sonic the hedgehog voice actors!

Years
    As many of you know, last year on January 15th 2005, a man by the name of Deem Bristow, who was the voice actor of the one of the most famous villians to date, Dr Eggman, unfortunetly past away that day from a heart attack somewhere in California!

People were wondering who would take his place as Eggman, around July of that same year, another previous voice actor of Dr Eggman by the name of Long John Baldry (Who also voiced as I remember that captain of the Crimson Binome from the CG show, Reboot) passed on as well from a lung infection! (Creepy isn't it?)

Anywho, people were still wondering who would be the new voice actor of Eggman, many have suspected that another Eggamn voice actor, Mike Pollok who currently voices Eggman in Sonic X would take that open role!

Well early september, two video clips, one from the game Shadow the hedgehog, and another from the game Sonic Riders were released to the public, both videos were the first footage with the character's voices since Deem's death, and Eggman was in the Shadow the hedgehog video, and he sounded like Mike Pollok, so our question was answered, but strangly, Shadow himself sounded rather different, and so did Sonic in the Sonic Riders video, most were thinking, "what the heck is going on?" I myself thought, "Maybe Ryan Drummond (The ex voice of Sonic) didn't know about this promo video and didn't play Sonic in the video!"

I was worried, but then it happend, a few days later, the news got around that ALL the voice actors who have voiced their characters since Sonic Adventure in 1998 were fired and replaced with the character voice actors from the not so popular anime show, Sonic X, WITHOUT BEING NOTIFIED BEFORE THEY WERE FIRED!!!!!!

That was unbelieveable, those actors worked so hard for five years and they are just thrown away in one move, how can Sega get so low!

A petition was made to convince Sega to rehire the previous voice actors and to keep Mike Pollok since he's the only one who can voice Eggman!

Well now that you know what happened in great detail, I ask that you will help those actors get the respect that they more than deserve, by signing the petition, so far there are more than 3500 signatures, but that's obviously not enough, 1,000,000 would be more like it!

The petition is in my signature!

So please help, only you can make a difference!

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Allstories said:
    Experience dictates that petitions are completely ineffective.
    Aye, not to mention, this is business, it's what happened. People get fired and new ones hired. Real world, especially in acting/voicing. Jobs are constantly gained and lost. It's cruel, and I do feel remorse for those who've lost their jobs (especially since according to Ryan Drummon, they weren't even told they were dropped until the promo came out with the 4kids actors).

I hate 4kids, their actors are crap, except Mike, he's a really good Eggman voice I admit (I still love the old Robotniks from the SatAM and cartoony AoStH "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!!") Amy and Knuckles are improvements too in my opinion. As much as I disliked SA1 voice acting... 1) It wasn't their fault, SEGA was too lazy to retime scenes, making them have to scrunch their lines into time limits without even being shown the scene itself, resulting in "Look out Tails, you're gonna crash. Ah." 2) They were basically setting the emotions and voices for many characters (and characters from old TV Shows were redone as well, IE: Robotnik's complete makeover; Amy aging ~10 years; etc.) 3) 4kids' dubbing is worse! 45 Monkeys, 3 French guys that know not a lick of English or Japanese, a bowl of ice cream, and a glass of apple juice could translate anime better then them.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    As a voice acting buff, I can tell you that this is in no way a foreign concept to the trade. It happens more often than you might think. In any case, I prefer about 60% of 4Kids' Sonic cast over Sega's Sonic Adventure era cast, especially Tails. Tails is actually tollerable in Sonic X. Though not as horrible as Sonic the Movie's "three-year old with a cold", Sega's was an irritating little pain in the butt.

Furthermore, although 4Kids butchers translations and localization like there's no tomorrow, they do produce the greatest TV show of all time, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh, and for the record, contrary to your opinion, Sonic X is very popular.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    The S said:
    As a voice acting buff, I can tell you that this is in no way a foreign concept to the trade. It happens more often than you might think. In any case, I prefer about 60% of 4Kids' Sonic cast over Sega's Sonic Adventure era cast, especially Tails. Tails is actually tollerable in Sonic X. Though not as horrible as Sonic the Movie's "three-year old with a cold", Sega's was an irritating little pain in the butt.
    I have yet to hear a good Tails voice since the little doll Scratch and Grounder put down that repeated "Help. Save me. Sonic."

In my opinion of course. <.< Charmy, while in the topic of opinions, should be made a mute and Big should eat Froggy. Or vice versa.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    Although,i do wish that some of the voice actors were kept,when ever i hear Tails's voice from Sonic Heroes to Sonic Advance 3,i always like to say,"freaken cute kid."Now when i hear his voice now in the newest games,i say"anoying little kid" now.Of course,Eggman's ne voice actor should be kept,but for the rest,ok,i just really wish the old voice actors were still playing their rolls.I also hate Sonic's new voice in the games,he sounds too calm now,i liked it when he was loud and other stuff.

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
    Years
    They had a different guy for shadow in adventure 2 than in sonic X I know that for sure. But I don't really mind as long as sonic sounds like sonic, Robotnik sounds EVIL... and tails....well I don't care as long as he doesn't sound like he has a cold like in the movie! (brilliant film though go cowboy knuckles and METAL SONIC woo woo)

MidnightScott

Dark Trainer
    Years
    I don't hate 4Kids per se - I just wish that Sega would've kept the game VA's. The show was alright but I didnt watch it very much since I watch the WB on Saturday's.

Yes, the voices from Sonic Adventure were the best and will be missed.
    Now we have stupid Pokémon USA trying to take away our beloved 4Kids Actors for the Pokémon anime >_<;

Only us fans can stop this idiocy.
    Also, Sonic Rush had different voices as well.

~Scott

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
    Years
    Crumbs I forgot to sign it!

I prefer the voice of shadow from sonic adventure 2 than the one in sonic X, and the voice of Knuckles THEY NEVER GET KNUCKLES'S VOICE RIGHT the only person who ever did is the one for Sonic adventure/2

Yeah I sign this as it is a noble cause but SEGA won't really care, big companies never do

Back